I can charge the phone using the factory cable on a wall charger with no issue, but if I use the same cable on a computer or in my car (on a USB port), it doesn't charge.

First it will show charging at the bottom of the screen but then after a blink it changes to "Disconnected" and the "lightening" icon in the middle of the battery icon disappears. Weird thing is that the charging animation is still going on as if it were being charged. The battery percentage is going down actually.

Is this a cable issue? Doesn't seem like it since I can charge it on a wall plug. Any help is appreciated.
    10-22-16 01:37 PM
    I can charge the phone using the factory cable on a wall charger with no issue, but if I use the same cable on a computer or in my car (on a USB port), it doesn't charge.

First it will show charging at the bottom of the screen but then after a blink it changes to "Disconnected" and the "lightening" icon in the middle of the battery icon disappears. Weird thing is that the charging animation is still going on as if it were being charged. The battery percentage is going down actually.

Is this a cable issue? Doesn't seem like it since I can charge it on a wall plug. Any help is appreciated.
    Quite possibly some background app or process is using more power than your computer or even the car's usb output can provide. So it is a net loss of power. Check your Battery in the Main Settings, Battery and see what is using power. Or find a 3rd party app that may provide even more details.
    10-22-16 02:07 PM
    Have you tried swiping down from the top of your home screen when it is connected to the computer to check the connection status?
    Have you opened the Check Battery Level shortcut to see what it shows?
    When I connect my DTEK50 to my computer's USB2 port, it charges very slowly.
    Wezard likes this.
    10-22-16 02:11 PM
    Seems like the USB ports in both your computer and your car do not produce enough power to charge your battery.
    Wezard likes this.
    10-22-16 02:11 PM
    Seems like the USB ports in both your computer and your car do not produce enough power to charge your battery.
    It could be that the Priv is not charging normally because it senses that it is not connected to a standard charger.
    10-22-16 02:15 PM
    Thanks for the replies. What's strange is that the battery icon confuses me. I understand that the USB on the computer or in my car cannot provide enough juice but will that remove the "lightning" symbol but keep the charging animation on the battery icon? Never saw that on any phone.
    10-22-16 06:38 PM
    I'm having the same problem I found I had to buy new chargers 1amp output as it won't work with either 750mah or 2amp original BlackBerry chargers from previous models
    10-23-16 01:13 AM
    I'm having the same problem I found I had to buy new chargers 1amp output as it won't work with either 750mah or 2amp original BlackBerry chargers from previous models
    I don't think the charger output is the problem as I primarily use my PlayBook charger at home (1.8A), my 9930 charger (750mA)at work if my PB charger is being used and I want to do a top off (slower) and my BB car charger (2A) , all with no issues. I've also used my Z30 charger a few times (850mA) which worked fine.

It might be a port or phone problem, but I doubt it's the chargers.

"If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong"
    10-23-16 02:42 AM
    It would be close to impossible to charge it and use it simultaneously on your computer. A standard USB 2 "Hub" (several physical ports are usually on one hub) on a PC can give 500 mA of current. If there are other devices connected to the same hub that current is shared so it can be even less. And I think Priv with just the screen on without any actual activity can use more than 500 mA, depending on brightness.

Your car charger might also give out too little current. Especially if you use GPS on your phone when in the car, that would consume a lot of power. Check the ratings on your charger. If you want to be sure that it would charge nicely, think about buying a Quick Charge 2.0 (or 3.0, it's backwards compatible) certified charger.
    Wezard and FF22 like this.
    10-23-16 03:52 AM
    My Q5 used to charge at a reasonable rate from my PC, but my DTEK50 charges much slower.

I used the Battery app on my DTEK50 to compare how it responded to different chargers. When connected to my PC it said "Connected to USB", but in ever other case whether it was connected to a 1 or 2 amp source from either an AC adapter or car adapter, it said "charging" and "Connected to AC".

Keep in mind that it is your phone that controls the overall charging process.
    10-23-16 10:26 AM
    Same issue here. SOLUTION: When battery is not charging or only shows USBcharging when connected into a wall plug, unplug your Priv, turn of GPS, plug the Priv back in and it charges normally! Then turn back on GPS while charging and it keeps charging... Weird though, but works for me ever since...
    12-24-16 12:14 PM
    Problem came back. It doesn't charge at all with the original BlackBerry charger... But with my old iPod charger it works, but takes about 12 hours for a full charge. Before it took like 3.5 h :-( And no, the BlackBerry charger is not broken, it works perfectly on my other devices...
    12-29-16 03:58 AM