When I edit an all day recurring event using BlackBerry calendar and select the option to change "This and Future Events", the event on the particular date I'm changing is not removed, but instead a new series of events is added to the date I want to change it to.

For example, I have a recurring weekly event (not the first in the series) on Sat 29 Oct, but I now wish to change the recurring event to every Sun instead. So I edit the event on 29 Oct and change the date to 30 Oct. I get a new weekly recurring series starting on 30 Oct but the event on 29 Oct is still not removed (even though I supposed changed it to 30 Oct).

Is it a bug?
    10-27-16 04:38 AM
    no just delete the event on the 29th
    10-27-16 05:18 AM
    While I think Jaydee has the answer that is applicable. I'd guess that if you are really EDITING an event then it should alter the original and not create a kind of duplicate on a new day - so, I suspect it might be a bug.
    gizmo21 likes this.
    10-27-16 08:51 AM
    For me this worked as you would have wanted it: test event on MO every 2 days 5 occurrence s: MO, WED, FR, SU, TUE

Changing WED with "This and all future events" to THU results in a MO; THU; SAT, MO, WED

The first one MO gets every 2 day event occurrence 1, the THU gets a 2 day event occurrence 4.

Tested on primary google calendar.
    10-27-16 09:00 AM
    For me this worked as you would have wanted it: test event on MO every 2 days 5 occurrence s: MO, WED, FR, SU, TUE

Changing WED with "This and all future events" to THU results in a MO; THU; SAT, MO, WED

The first one MO gets every 2 day event occurrence 1, the THU gets a 2 day event occurrence 4.

Tested on primary google calendar.
    This only worked for me if I edited it using the Google Calendar app. Using the BlackBerry Calendar app yielded that "buggy" result.
    10-27-16 10:19 AM
    I used BlackBerry Calendar v 1.4.0.11740 on MM. Have you tried an testevent with reduced data (e.g. only "test" as name)?
    10-27-16 11:09 AM
    I used BlackBerry Calendar v 1.4.0.11740 on MM. Have you tried an testevent with reduced data (e.g. only "test" as name)?
    I'm using the same version as you, also on MM. Also tried a test recurring event but same issue.
    10-27-16 11:55 AM
    Have you restarted the device after the latest app/hub services updates? I'm doing this after any BlackBerry softwareupdate now.

Or could it be the two calendar apps interfere on changing the event (I have only aCalendar+ as second app, which seems to work fine).
    10-27-16 10:35 PM
    Have you restarted the device after the latest app/hub services updates? I'm doing this after any BlackBerry softwareupdate now.

Or could it be the two calendar apps interfere on changing the event (I have only aCalendar+ as second app, which seems to work fine).
    Yes I've restarted a couple of times (due to other issues). Not sure if the two calendar apps interfere with each other but because of another notification issue on BlackBerry calendar, I still need the google calendar app for accurate event notifications.
    10-27-16 10:57 PM