Hi,

i've received my priv a few days ago and still searching on how to change my virtual keyboard to azerty... (Yes Belgium and my pkb is azerty, but virtual...)

Any ideas?

fesjes - priv
    01-02-16 08:21 AM
    I would like to know also
    jfestjens likes this.
    01-02-16 08:26 AM
    I haven't tried them (Canadian) but a few come up if you type azerty into Google play. I would imagine if you Google azerty android apps you'll find some reviews to get some suggestions. Just remember you don't need to look for a priv one just android.
    01-02-16 09:48 AM
    If you don't mind installing a different keyboard, SwiftKey supports Azerty layout. As well I'm pretty sure Google Keyboard does too.
    01-02-16 10:13 AM
    I haven't tried them (Canadian) but a few come up if you type azerty into Google play. I would imagine if you Google azerty android apps you'll find some reviews to get some suggestions. Just remember you don't need to look for a priv one just android.
    True but these aren't about the BlackBerry keyboard. Which I really like.

guess I'll have to start using another.

fesjes - priv
    01-02-16 11:40 AM
    True but these aren't about the BlackBerry keyboard. Which I really like.

guess I'll have to start using another.

fesjes - priv
    This is super easyJet, go to settings , language and there below in the menu, you will see virtual keyboard option which let you choose to azerty Belgium or French.

Posted via my BlackBerry PRIV
    anon(103156) likes this.
    01-02-16 04:01 PM
    BlackBerry keyboard is best . I'm using Google keyboard on SG6EDGE Plus with swift and blackberry keyboard has won me over on the priv.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-02-16 04:07 PM
    This is super easyJet, go to settings , language and there below in the menu, you will see virtual keyboard option which let you choose to azerty Belgium or French.

I must be missing something...

fesjes - priv
    Attached Thumbnails change virtual keyboard to azerty-12720.jpg  
    jamesbondOO7 likes this.
    01-02-16 06:32 PM
    Works on mine

01-02-16 08:44 PM
    I must be missing something...

fesjes - priv
    I see on your screenshot that French is one of your languages, so now , try to type something somewhere with your virtual keyboard , you will see on the keyboard in the right corner below a keyboard icon which is meant to switch the keyboard languages from your settings.

01-03-16 05:55 AM
    Thanks that gives indeed azerty. But then word suggestion is in french...

fesjes - priv
    01-03-16 11:04 AM
    I've encountered the same problem. There does not seem to be a way to set the BlackBerry virtual keyboard to Dutch azerty. The only azerty lay-out you can choose is combined with French text suggestions and spell check, but since I'm Dutch speaking, this is even worse than typing on a qwerty keyboard.

I really like the BlackBerry virtual keyboard and I'm used to it from my Z10, so I would really like to keep on using it.

I hope BlackBerry releases an update for the keyboard soon. Or if anyone knows about a workaround, please share

01-09-16 08:50 AM
    I found a way around it. Put up your keyboard as multi linguistic. I live in Belgium myself and I typically need Dutch, French and English. Set the keyboard up as French (not Canadian!). Then add Dutch and English. This way you will have the blackberry keyboard in azerty, with Dutch word suggest.

Don't use swiftkey. I've found it sometimes goes wrong with the blackberry physical keyboard.

Hope this can help.
    Raul7 likes this.
    02-04-16 06:11 PM
    As far as I can see, you can only select two languages for the multi-linguistic keyboard... I chose French as primary and dutch as secondary, which indeed gives me an azerty keyboard, so that's at least something. I'm wondering though how the Priv will handle English text, but I already see quite some red lines appearing here so I guess not very well...

This is really a pain in the ***. I hope it gets fixed sooner rather than later.

Thanks for the suggestion though !

02-11-16 01:40 PM
    Yes indeed. It's not a perfect workaround. Seems it makes the dutch as second important. While it is my most common used language.

I had some hope for the update but nada.

Can anybody understand how stupid this issue is ?!?

You can't select azerty On this Phone!!
    03-01-16 12:25 PM
    Same problem here !
    04-23-16 05:18 AM
    Does marshmallow fix this? Really annoying
    04-30-16 11:56 AM
    Same problem and MM does not fix it. Really BlackBerry! Why is there always stufff like this ...BB experiance should at least be the best but it is not.
    06-24-16 04:31 AM
    Hi,

i've received my priv a few days ago and still searching on how to change my virtual keyboard to azerty... (Yes Belgium and my pkb is azerty, but virtual...)

Any ideas?

fesjes - priv
    09-14-16 05:22 PM