Hey everyone,

I recently bought a new PRIV and now i ran into some problems here. I tried to look up the forums but couldn't find anything that could help me in any way.

The current problem is that some of my apps and emails are not working while on mobile data. In specific, apps that are somehow connected with google i think.
    While everything works perfectly fine when I'm on WiFi, google chrome for example tells me i am offline when on mobile data.
    My Gmail account that I have connected to the hub doesn't receive emails when on mobile data, Gmail App itself wouldn't work too. Even some apps that are not connected to Google directly ( at least no that I am aware of) are not working ( i.e. kicker, a German sports App or my service providers App to check my monthly bill , Smartmobil Germany)
    I tried to check everything within the settings for cellular data if there may be any restrictions I had to turn off.
    So far i couldn't find a solution.
    Maybe someone has had similar issues or possibly knows a fix for that.
    Thanks in Advance

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-13-16 12:44 AM
    Hey everyone,

I recently bought a new PRIV and now i ran into some problems here. I tried to look up the forums but couldn't find anything that could help me in any way.

The current problem is that some of my apps and emails are not working while on mobile data. In specific, apps that are somehow connected with google i think.
    While everything works perfectly fine when I'm on WiFi, google chrome for example tells me i am offline when on mobile data.
    My Gmail account that I have connected to the hub doesn't receive emails when on mobile data, Gmail App itself wouldn't work too. Even some apps that are not connected to Google directly ( at least no that I am aware of) are not working ( i.e. kicker, a German sports App or my service providers App to check my monthly bill , Smartmobil Germany)
    I tried to check everything within the settings for cellular data if there may be any restrictions I had to turn off.
    So far i couldn't find a solution.
    Maybe someone has had similar issues or possibly knows a fix for that.
    Thanks in Advance

When this happens are you still within range of one of your wifi connections? Or absolutely far away from the wifi?

I had this problem a few times where I was at a hotel that I had used for wifi. It required that you officially read their log on page. You did not have to sign in again or enter a password. You just had to open the browser and see their homepage information/advertising. So I would be on wifi at the hotel. Leave the hotel and my cell data worked outside (far enough that the wifi was not in range). But if I returned to the hotel, my cell data would show NO Connection. I received no email, could not browse the web or use the Crackberry app. But the wifi was not really working until I again, opened the browser and saw the hotel's homepage info. If I left the hotel, again, my cell data worked automatically but later when I returned, again I'd have the same problem. This happened at two different hotels in June on Madeira Island. But it also happened in May in Sedona, Arizona at another resort.

I never got any info on why this happens.

Here's my original thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-data-1076188/
    Last edited by F2; 08-13-16 at 10:03 AM.
    08-13-16 09:48 AM
    I had this odd behavior once with an older Android version when the phone was quite new. It may sound a bit weird by I solved it per accident: rebooting the phone while outside of any Wifi range but being connected to my provider's data did the trick. It never happend again.

EDIT: I believe F2's problem to be of a different nature: F2 seems to lose connection altogether whereas the OP seems to struggle with some sort of address resolution trouble, hence the connection working for some apps yet not for anything google play dependent?
    Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    08-13-16 11:41 AM
    Thanks for you help guys. This is a tricky one.
    so I tried rebooting it outside any WiFi spots I'm connected to and it didn't work.
    in the meantime I also figured, that it's not applying to Google apps only, google play works, maps too. It's just really random.

Anyone else got an idea?

08-14-16 02:57 AM
    What carrier? What location?

So, you are having cell data issues even if out of wifi range? Have you tried turning off wifi completely as part of testing. Does the phone work with phone calls? A new sim perhaps?

I don't know what reboot but have a look at the possibilities.

From BB blog: How to reset PRIV by BlackBerry | Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

Three restart/reboot methods

The first method, which should be used 99.9% of the time when you want to reboot your device, is using the Reboot option that appears after pressing the Power key.

Press and hold the Power key for 3 seconds
    Select Reboot from the menu that is presented

The second reset method should be used if pressing the Power key does not produce the menu with Power Off and Restart. For example, if an app or game you are using won’t close, use this option to restart your device.

Press and hold the Power key for 12 seconds

Third method: Should your device fail to respond, the final reset method is to press and hold the Power key for 32 seconds which is equivalent to removing the battery. This should result in your device booting up successfully.

If it fails to start, however, verify you are not pressing any other keys such as Volume Up, Mute, or Volume Down while performing any of the reset methods listed above. If you use a case for your device you may want to remove it as it might be pressing a button inadvertently.

And just for an extra measure, if needed:

Safe Mode:

The next step is placing your device into safe mode.

When used, Safe Mode will disable any third party apps or games you have installed. As a result of this, should your device not exhibit the issue while in Safe Mode it’s safe to assume the issue is specific to an app or game you have installed.

Press and hold the power key
    Tap and hold Power off when it appears
    When prompted, tap OK to reboot to Safe Mode

To get out of Safe Mode, press and hold the power key followed by tapping Reboot.

After testing, should your device not exhibit any issues, the next step is to remove recently installed applications one by one until the issue is resolved.
    08-14-16 11:49 AM
    Thanks for your great reply with all these tips F2.
    I have figured out now what the problem was ( yes, it's finally resolved)
    Almost too embarrassing to say, but it turns out that the APN provided on the website of my carrier was somewhat faulty.
    After googling the whole freaking Internet, I finally happened to check if my APN could have been the problem.
    When I bought the PRIV, there was no data connection at all so I got the APN from my carrier, and then it worked, well except for the above mentioned problem I had.

Well after all, everything is now working and I can enjoy this beautiful device to the fullest everywhere I go.

Huge Thank you F2, and of course the others who responded to this thread, for your suggestions. Your help is much appreciated.

FF22 likes this.
    08-15-16 02:39 PM
    Thanks for your great reply with all these tips F2.
    I have figured out now what the problem was ( yes, it's finally resolved)
    Almost too embarrassing to say, but it turns out that the APN provided on the website of my carrier was somewhat faulty.
    After googling the whole freaking Internet, I finally happened to check if my APN could have been the problem.
    When I bought the PRIV, there was no data connection at all so I got the APN from my carrier, and then it worked, well except for the above mentioned problem I had.

Well after all, everything is now working and I can enjoy this beautiful device to the fullest everywhere I go.

Huge Thank you F2, and of course the others who responded to this thread, for your suggestions. Your help is much appreciated.

Don't know much, nothing actually, about APN values.

I am guessing that is NOT my problem, at least, not when just in Sedona, Arizona, USA. Might it be a problem when overseas and roaming?
    08-15-16 04:42 PM