As the founder of the infamous Verizon Priv waiting room, I think single master threads are good. So rather than a bunch of random threads asking which cases and screen protectors are best, I think this should serve as a master thread for recommendations, experiences, etc. Have at it!
    03-07-16 11:06 PM
    I'm one of the Verizon serfs and I'm looking for a good case and potentially a screen protector. The Incipio case seems to be the most popular; any other good ones?

Does anyone have this screen protector?
    ArmorSuit MilitaryShield - Blackberry Priv Screen Protector Anti-Bubble & Extreme Clarity HD Shield + Lifetime Replacement
    03-07-16 11:09 PM
    I'm one of the Verizon serfs and I'm looking for a good case and potentially a screen protector. The Incipio case seems to be the most popular; any other good ones?

ArmorSuit MilitaryShield - Blackberry Priv Screen Protector Anti-Bubble & Extreme Clarity HD Shield + Lifetime Replacement
    I use the Seidio Surface case. I just kept on the stock screen protector lol. Can't even tell haha.

BBM Channel: C0001F285
    Attached Thumbnails Case and screen protector master thread-photostudio_1454373277826.jpg  
    rich2468 and Mikey_NNG like this.
    03-08-16 12:41 AM
    I use the Seidio Surface case. I just kept on the stock screen protector lol. Can't even tell haha.

My concern with any of these is being able to get it off without residue.
    03-08-16 01:23 AM
    My imaki case

Had nice grip smooth feel and very thin.

Posted via the Innovative Blackberry PRIV - Powered by Android
    Attached Thumbnails Case and screen protector master thread-69834.jpg  
    03-08-16 01:23 AM
    Screen protector China eBay 3d

9h hardness .2mm thick I believe they all same maker from China on ebay just different ads

Posted via the Innovative Blackberry PRIV - Powered by Android
    Attached Thumbnails Case and screen protector master thread-69835.jpg  
    Pallet Spoon likes this.
    03-08-16 01:48 AM
    Anyone can recommend a good leather holster? I really like the OEM BlackBerry one, but realized it doesn't have a hole at the bottom for the earphone jack. Fail.

Know of a similar case with a hole for the headphone jack?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-08-16 08:37 AM

Is there a good grip on the back? Or is it slippery like the official BlackBerry hard shell case?

Have a Tetded leather case now, but the corners are peeling and it's probably the last case of theirs I'll buy. Happens every time so looking for something different.

03-08-16 08:53 AM

My concern with that one is it's an unknown manufacturer, and the Amazon reviews are mostly people who get it for free in exchange for a review.
    03-08-16 12:05 PM
    I just had a Ghost Armor screen protector applied this morning. Not exactly cheap - about $30 with taxes. And while it is supposedly scratch resistant, it might not be as protective as a glass protector if it lands on its screen and there's some nubbin that protrudes and hits the screen. Whereas maybe a glass protector would crack but not allow the nubbin through to the underlying screen.

I am sorry to read about the Tetded flip case corner wear. Although, that has occurred along the corners and edges of the Gmyle flip case on my Z30. But since it is a denim looking fabric, it is probably not as noticeable as worn leather.
    03-08-16 04:43 PM
    I just had a Ghost Armor screen protector applied this morning. Not exactly cheap - about $30 with taxes. And while it is supposedly scratch resistant, it might not be as protective as a glass protector if it lands on its screen and there's some nubbin that protrudes and hits the screen. Whereas maybe a glass protector would crack but not allow the nubbin through to the underlying screen.

I am sorry to read about the Tetded flip case corner wear. Although, that has occurred along the corners and edges of the Gmyle flip case on my Z30. But since it is a denim looking fabric, it is probably not as noticeable as worn leather.
    Are there any glass protectors for the Priv?
    03-08-16 04:45 PM
    My concern with that one is it's an unknown manufacturer, and the Amazon reviews are mostly people who get it for free in exchange for a review.
    Seidio is a very well known and good brand.

jberb1984 likes this.
    03-09-16 09:03 PM
    Is there a good grip on the back? Or is it slippery like the official BlackBerry hard shell case?

Have a Tetded leather case now, but the corners are peeling and it's probably the last case of theirs I'll buy. Happens every time so looking for something different.

Yea it's a little grippy. Not slippery like the BlackBerry case.

03-09-16 09:04 PM
    Are there any glass protectors for the Priv?
    My Sakai screen protector arrived today and I was a little worried after reading some of the reviews on here. But after applying it and using it all day it's mostly all good things!

First off, application is the easiest I have ever encountered for any screen protector. It comes with wipes to clean off the screen, and a sticky pad to pick up any lingering bits of dust. Then, thanks to the little lip on the bottom of the PRIV bezel, lining it up is super easy and it just drops into place. No worrying about the dreaded air bubbles.

Ive read some loss of touchscreen sensitivity, particularly in the lower left corner of the screen, but I haven't experienced any of that. The screen is more prone to pick up fingerprints than the OEM glass but that's not too big of a deal. I used some phone screen wax I bought on it and it seems to help a bit.

It's a bit pricey, around $20, but worth it IMO. I was using the BlackBerry leather flip case but have since switched to back case. The former offered good protection but the front flap started to get annoying from a day-to-day usability standpoint.

FF22 likes this.
    03-10-16 01:30 AM

I do have the ArmorSuit screen protector, and I think it's excellent. The application is similar to the Invisible Shield from Zagg, which is a little tedious if you haven't done it before. But I think it's very much worth it. I also have the Seidio case on my Priv, and the combo is great. The Seidio case is much better than the Blackberry OEM case, but this isn't surprising.
    03-10-16 10:26 AM
    Bought a Incipio clear case today at Verizon and ordered a Seidio SURFACE with Metal Kickstand Case (Black) directly since they are in Houston and im near San Antonio
    03-10-16 01:47 PM
    I have the Skinomi TechSkin, but I definitely would not recommend it. It's a fingerprint magnet and leaves scratches when you go over it with your nails or so. Now looking for a better solution.

Posted via the CrackBerry App
    Joel Olmedo likes this.
    03-10-16 02:36 PM
    Did any one try the IQ Shield screen protector? I am having trouble with it not sticking to the curves.
    03-10-16 03:48 PM
    Bought a Incipio clear case today at Verizon and ordered a Seidio SURFACE with Metal Kickstand Case (Black) directly since they are in Houston and im near San Antonio
    I currently have the Incipio on my unlocked Priv. My mom wanted something similar since she likes to switch from the pink and gold Skinomi skins. She ended up purchasing a clear shell off of eBay which made it to Amazon... http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B019Z4...UvbUpU12312498

I put the new skin on and the clear shell today for her and just ordered two more of the shells from Amazon. Less bulkier than the Incipio case for sure so will be switching that over. Grabbed an extra as my father will be upgrading to the Priv from Verizon when he's back from business.

As for the Skinomi wet application screen protector... I absolutely love it. It's like liquid glass. Applied to my mom's Priv without any difficulty and was perfect the next day.

Applied to my Priv and had 40 something tiny "bubbles" that disappeared day by day. After a week I was at about 15 and for sure did not expect the largest one to heal/dry, but waited before applying the extra one I bought and sure enough they all went away. Took some patience and a long 3 weeks lol.

Ultimately, if you are not interested in tempered glass, the Skinomi is perfect from my experiences, especially with the curved screen. Just watch the application video on YouTube for the S6 Edge and apply. I love it.

Will throw the extra shell and extra Skinomi protector on my dad's Priv when it arrives.

03-11-16 12:00 AM
    As the founder of the infamous Verizon Priv waiting room, I think single master threads are good. So rather than a bunch of random threads asking which cases and screen protectors are best, I think this should serve as a master thread for recommendations, experiences, etc. Have at it!
    It is great to have the Verizon Priv folks along to infuse new energy into the quest for good screen protectors and cases for the Priv. I got mine (unlocked from ShopBlackBerry) when it was first released and there was little available. I got the standard slider case with the phone (it was given to those of us who had to wait for our orders after placing them). I used it for a while but went over to a holster because it gives more protection to the front screen. But it is not very practical when the phone rings etc. I do not think my dream case exists. (any case makers listening?) I would like a flip case like the one at ShopBlackBerry, only one that when the front is folded back all the way, I could still take photos. Plus I would like an over the wrist handle or lanyard option to clip on. This way my phone would be protected on hikes and outings.
    03-11-16 12:02 AM
    My screen protector is a Supershieldz and it was less than super. It has bubbles and the right corner does not adhere at the curve of the screen. I got to with the order and put one on and when it started to peal up I replaced it with the 2nd one. I really want to find something better.
    03-11-16 01:20 AM
    My screen protector is a Supershieldz and it was less than super. It has bubbles and the right corner does not adhere at the curve of the screen. I got to with the order and put one on and when it started to peal up I replaced it with the 2nd one. I really want to find something better.
    I would seriously consider a wet application such as the Skinomi screen protector. Watch this video on the installation on the S6 Edge (curved screen).

You can get one on Amazon or directly from Skinomi for relatively cheap and they do stand by their products sending me a free one which I ended up not needing as there were some wet/bubbles that disappeared as they dried. The first one I applied was perfect without waiting.

I originally tried to use a dry screen protector, but the edges make it difficult to one, look like there's nothing there, and two, much more difficult to get on without AIR bubbles that do not go away.

Definitely at least watch the video so you can see the ease of installation. The Priv is perfect for a wet screen application as well based on design.

You can not tell by looking that the two Privs I have in my house have anything on them. It covers the curves perfectly and completely. Absolutely love these and will be putting the extra on my dad's Priv when it arrives.

Edit: Link fixed.

MBrettH likes this.
    03-11-16 06:15 AM
    Yes, I have it. Easy to install and looks great.

03-11-16 07:19 AM
    Has anyone compared the Stouch and Sikai tempered glass screen protectors? Is there a difference in clarity? Does the Stouch have a cut out for the front facing camera?
    Lawmen23 and Pallet Spoon like this.
    03-11-16 07:41 AM
103 123 ...