Am considering buying the last phone built by Blackberry but not sure how much the consistency of updates is worth. Seems like if I buy the shop blackberry phone I may get Nougat and the monthly updates. If not and I get a phone subsidized by my carrier, who knows?

So I am interested to know how the carriers are doing on providing the updates so far. Let me know your carrier and what update you are on. Also, how a shop blackberry device does.

Thanks for your help

Posted via CB10
    09-29-16 09:31 AM
    Why not just let us know what Carrier's you are considering? Are you in the US, Canada, Spain, or Timbuktu

But it's pretty clear that if you want the updates that BlackBerry pushes out, then you want a ship blackberry phone.

Nougat... at this point I'd give it a 50% chance of being released by BlackBerry. If you bought a Verizon PRIV, I'd give it a .001% chance of Verizon pushing it out.

Just buy the shop BlackBerry version as it's on sale...
    zephyr613 likes this.
    09-29-16 09:49 AM
    IMHO the reason to buy a factory unlocked device from BlackBerry is, above all else, to get much faster updates than you would if you buy from any ​other phone vendor.
    09-29-16 10:18 AM

So I am interested to know how the carriers are doing on providing the updates so far. Let me know your carrier and what update you are on.

Posted via CB10
    AT&T is current with the Marshmallow OS and the latest Security Patches to date.

Bob

Posted via the CrackBerry App with my BlackBerry Priv on AT&T
    09-29-16 10:57 AM
    AT&T is current with the Marshmallow OS and the latest Security Patches to date.

Bob

Posted via the CrackBerry App with my BlackBerry Priv on AT&T
    T-Mobile as well.
    09-29-16 11:08 AM
    And Verizon Priv's are NOT offered or sold by Shop BB. Verizon update policy sucks, if it is even that good!

Amazon now has the Factory UNlocked Priv but it is more expensive than Shop BB.
    zephyr613 likes this.
    09-29-16 11:51 AM
    And Verizon Priv's are NOT offered or sold by Shop BB. Verizon update policy sucks, if it is even that good!

Amazon now has the Factory UNlocked Priv but it is more expensive than Shop BB.
    I'm looking forward to the day Verizon releases Marshmallow just so you finally find some peace of mind. Take it easy, you'll get a heart attack from all your VZW Priv frustration.
    zephyr613 likes this.
    09-29-16 12:23 PM
    Why not just let us know what Carrier's you are considering? Are you in the US, Canada, Spain, or Timbuktu

But it's pretty clear that if you want the updates that BlackBerry pushes out, then you want a ship blackberry phone.

I'm in Canada...MTS mobility. They are offering a Priv for $0 on a two year contract on a service that I will keep anyway.....
    Otherwise what about 550 from shop blackberry? Just not sure if it's worth it.

Plus mightn't there be a chance of Nougat from shopblackberry?

Thanks for the replies

Posted via CB10
    09-29-16 12:45 PM
    I'm in Canada...MTS mobility. They are offering a Priv for $0 on a two year contract on a service that I will keep anyway.....
    Otherwise what about 550 from shop blackberry? Just not sure if it's worth it. Thanks for the replies

Posted via CB10
    It's worth it.
    09-29-16 12:47 PM
    I'm looking forward to the day Verizon releases Marshmallow just so you finally find some peace of mind. Take it easy, you'll get a heart attack from all your VZW Priv frustration.

I am trying to keep it mentally light. I know filing with the FCC, etc will not get anything resolved but hopefully, will irritate someone at Verizon and maybe get action from the FCC/Congress down the road.

I really wish AT&T (a former employer (very former - about 40 years former (yes, I am that old) for whom I hold about the same regard as Verizon!!!!!!!!!) had better coverage in some of the US Boonies and that I would not have to dump my UNlimited Data from Verizon. But things are what they are.
    Mirko935 likes this.
    09-29-16 12:49 PM

I am trying to keep it mentally light. I know filing with the FCC, etc will not get anything resolved but hopefully, will irritate someone at Verizon and maybe get action from the FCC/Congress down the road.

I really wish AT&T (a former employer (very former - about 40 years former (yes, I am that old) for whom I hold about the same regard as Verizon!!!!!!!!!) had better coverage in some of the US Boonies and that I would not have to dump my UNlimited Data from Verizon. But things are what they are.
    G O L D....
    FF22 likes this.
    09-29-16 01:23 PM