I phoned CPW at 4 Oxford St this afternoon, to be told there were 7 in stock and that based on the popularity so far, they would probably not run out by the end of the day. So I got there just after 4.30pm and there were 5 in stock. Great! I'll have one, SIM free..

Oh no, the 5 are 'open orders', we are saving them for people who want it on a contract. (ie much more lucrative for them). But Selfridges have 1,233 ! (for �20 more, yeah I know).

Thanks but no thanks CPW.. looks like I'll have to wait my turn for ShopBB.

The lady I spoke to in CPW said that the PRIV is pretty much the only phone that people have been asking about all day! Maybe they will get more stock in 2 days.. but they can't say for sure.

I think all parties have seriously underestimated the popularity of this phone, but BB definitely messed up with their "launch date" and this will just make people annoyed and look elsewhere or not bother.

*sigh*

--
    Touchscreen smartphone user since 2000:
    Ericsson R380s, SonyEricsson P800, P900, P990i, BlackBerry Storm, Torch, Storm 2, Playbook, Z10
    and soon to be PRIVateer!
    I can't understand why they didn't sell you the phone. They have only sold 2 all day haven't they? Surely it would have been better to sell you the phone to you sim free than to not sell it all?

I think the priv will get a lot of people talking and sales will come in the long term.

At the minute I just feel BlackBerry botched the launch and didn't have stock ready. To me it looks like they seem to be holding shop BlackBerry stock back for cpw and everyone is just getting annoyed. Considering this phone has been out for a week there still seems to be a lot of people waiting.

The woman on the phone at cpw blamed BlackBerry for it all, but I feel the delay in my order was partially due to cpw as they didn't include my order in the Tuesday release. The parting cpw shot to me was "well it's not all our fault, Apple sell thousands of phones on launch day and we don't have any problems with that". If BlackBerry do become popular again and release say a android classic (with better specs) they most definitely need to ramp up there launch logistics tactics.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 05:12 PM
    I pre-ordered BlackBerry Priv on a EE contract via CPW on 26th Oct and told it be delivered on 6th Nov. Got a text on 4th Nov stating that it would be delivered on 13th Nov due to 'national stock issues'. On 12th I called CPW as I had not received a confirmation email in regards to the delivery. Was told that the phone would be available for me to collect in store, as stated on my order, after the 13th. When I questioned why after 13th when I was told I'd have it on 13th that said the order would be sent out on 13th. Then it would probably be collectable two days later. I spoke with customer services and they were disappointed in the service I was receiving. They arranged for the delivery to be made to my home address for 14th and that I'd get a confirmation email. No email. When I called today they stated that I would get it on 16th or 17th. The order had been 'picked', the phrase they used, and that it was due to be sent. As no one works in their 'picking' warehouse at weekends the order will not in fact be sent out for delivery until 16th. So I won't get it until 17th. Seems BlackBerry haven't provided enough stock and CPW can't get their act together.

via Blackberry Passport
    11-14-15 12:07 PM
    Sounds like shocking service from CPW. I find their service completely hinges on whether the staff memeber is a happy geek or a unappreciated run of the mill sales person, who will probably last less than 6mths and move on...

I picked mine up from CPW today. Only 1 they had and I hadn't pre-ordered. I actually pre-ordered the Z5 premium but did a U-turn on it once id seen the 4k screen is pointless.

Hope your order comes through soon. I've registered here to learn all the 'tips and tricks' in the 'sticky's'.
    11-14-15 12:15 PM
    Sounds like shocking service from CPW. I find their service completely hinges on whether the staff memeber is a happy geek or a unappreciated run of the mill sales person, who will probably last less than 6mths and move on...

I picked mine up from CPW today. Only 1 they had and I hadn't pre-ordered. I actually pre-ordered the Z5 premium but did a U-turn on it once id seen the 4k screen is pointless.

Hope your order comes through soon. I've registered here to learn all the 'tips and tricks' in the 'sticky's'.
    I agree with the comments re staff. Very poor customer service. Fingers crossed I'll get in in the next few days. Hope you enjoy using the phone.

via Blackberry Passport
    11-14-15 12:21 PM
    Picked up my Priv from CPW last Tuesday. I had ordered very early. Staff were very helpful but the company systems seem poor. Staff on minimum wage no doubt. Very good phone and getting to like it more and more.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-14-15 12:45 PM
30 12