Not sure when it happened, but I can't seem to use the capacitive features of the PKB anymore, like select word prediction and move the cursor.

I am wondering if it is some setting I messed with? In an attempt to get it working I when and turned "Physical keyboard gestures" on and off again to see if that would help, but it didn't.

Anyone else experience this?

EDIT: reboot did not fix.
    11-06-15 11:00 PM
    Not sure when it happened, but I can't seem to use the capacitive features of the PKB anymore, like select word prediction and move the cursor.

I am wondering if it is some setting I messed with? In an attempt to get it working I when and turned "Physical keyboard gestures" on and off again to see if that would help, but it didn't.

Anyone else experience this?

EDIT: reboot did not fix.
    Can you contact tech support? That keyboard will always have a high probability to stop functioning. Good luck with the Priv. I am holding out for a full touch from BB, either BB10 or Android. Chen hinted in an interview today the possibilities of devices after the Priv.
    11-06-15 11:13 PM
    Just got a notification that basically all the BB android apps have a update pending. Installing them now to see if that fixes it. Gawd, I feel for the poor SE's on the Android team, they must be stressed today, cranking out bug fixes that QA and reviewers missed.
    11-06-15 11:16 PM
    Looks like the updates and a reboot fixed it.
    BerryRipe likes this.
    11-06-15 11:32 PM
    [QUOTE=snowsquirrel;12051930]Looks like the updates and a reboot fixed it.[/Not that I will do this. But is there a way to disable that feature just in case people do not like it?
    11-06-15 11:36 PM
    This just happened to me again. A reboot fixed it. I did try and turn off the PKB gesture feature, and then back on again to see if that fixed, it, but no luck. So if anyone else has this issue just reboot. Hopefully update will be out soon.

Yes there is a feature to turn off the gestures.
    11-15-15 10:15 PM
    The pkb stops working on me almost every time I use it for scrolling. It will work for some time but then stops. I scroll using the screen and then go back to the pkb, and it will work again for a while but then stops again. No update has fixed that for me yet.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-15-15 10:23 PM
    Any fix for this yet???

12-01-15 11:51 PM
    The update to from the app store weeks ago fixed the issue for me on all apps except Crackberry's Forums app. So I assume some fault lies in the App doing something non-standard. @hazarder where are you experiencing this?
    12-02-15 12:04 AM
    The update to from the app store weeks ago fixed the issue for me on all apps except Crackberry's Forums app. So I assume some fault lies in the App doing something non-standard. @hazarder where are you experiencing this?
    The update for what?? I'm experiencing this absolutely everywhere. It doesn't work at all, the gestures that is.

12-02-15 12:06 PM
    I only have a problem with some of the gestures being inconsistent. Mainly the swipe up to autocomplete and the swipe down for symbols. Haven't been able to try too many others.

12-02-15 12:14 PM
    I only have a problem with some of the gestures being inconsistent. Mainly the swipe up to autocomplete and the swipe down for symbols. Haven't been able to try too many others.

Okay, so I just did a reboot of the phone holding down the power key and the down volume key and now it seems to be working. For the record I had reboot the phone previously using just the power key and that did nothing.

12-02-15 12:16 PM
    I'm having this same issue and rebooting, turning the device off then on has not solved the issue. I've run BBVE and any tests involving the physical keyboard or the slider I've had to mark as "fail". I've even done a factory reset and still have the issue.
    02-21-16 04:28 PM
    Its a setting. Easy fix....
    Last edited by chrispmoto; 02-22-16 at 09:35 AM.
    02-21-16 04:46 PM
    Its a setting. asy fix....
    Care to expand on that? I've tried everything that has been mentioned here as well as in the support section over on the BlackBerry website and this hasn't fixed the issue.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-16 03:21 AM
    Care to expand on that? I've tried everything that has been mentioned here as well as in the support section over on the BlackBerry website and this hasn't fixed the issue.

Posted via CB10
    Okay, slide open pkb. On the bottom of screen, you have from left to right, the upside down triangle, the circle, then the square. Next to that, on the right, is a keyboard symbol. Touch that.
    On the next prompt, on the top of the screen , is �hardware�, now turn that off and smile...... Let me know if that works......

Clicked and flicked with my Priv.
    02-22-16 09:26 AM
    You will have to go a screen where you are going to actually type something first..
    It won't work if you just slide open pkb from the home screen. Go into say, the rely to this thread ......

02-22-16 09:32 AM
    No dice. When I click the keyboard symbol, I get a pop-up box that says "Change keyboard" and gives me a choice between the BlackBerry keyboard and Google Voice Typing and has a 'choose keyboard" link at the bottom of the box. Clicking the link takes you to the "keyboard and input methods" section of the "Language & Input" options screen within the settings menu. l've tried using the CB app, Chrome and tried composing an email and got the same results.

Attached Thumbnails Capacitive keyboard not working?-1527.jpg  
    02-22-16 02:15 PM
    No dice. When I click the keyboard symbol, I get a pop-up box that says "Change keyboard" and gives me a choice between the BlackBerry keyboard and Google Voice Typing and has a 'choose keyboard" link at the bottom of the box. Clicking the link takes you to the "keyboard and input methods" section of the "Language & Input" options screen within the settings menu. l've tried using the CB app, Chrome and tried composing an email and got the same results.

Disable the "hardware ' setting at the top.

Have the next line set for "English BlackBerry keyboard" .

Boom.....!! (?)

02-22-16 03:53 PM
    Disable the "hardware ' setting at the top.

Have the next line set for "English BlackBerry keyboard" .

Boom.....!! (?)

I don't see anything that says "hardware".
    02-22-16 03:58 PM
    This is what I see:

Attached Thumbnails Capacitive keyboard not working?-1620.jpg  
    02-22-16 04:00 PM
    Sorry man,.mine shows the option I told you about...

02-22-16 05:51 PM
    My keyboard swiping not working after new update. Somebody can please guide how to resolve the issue. Only typing is possible now.
    10-24-17 09:33 PM
    Did you go into the settings to see if the update changed anything?
    10-25-17 12:13 AM