Anyone else having trouble sending MMS on att with Priv - trying to send a photo and just get an immediate cannot send notification?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-16-15 05:09 PM
    Anyone else having trouble sending MMS on att with Priv - trying to send a photo and just get an immediate cannot send notification?

I had no problem with the default SMS application (Messenger), but I did have a problem when switching to a different SMS app.

What app are you using?
    11-16-15 05:11 PM
    I was unable to send or receive pic's yesterday while connected to WiFi but I was able to receive and send disconnected from WiFi. I then reconnected to WiFi later that day and I could send and receive pic's via MMS.

I didn't toggle any settings and I'm scratching my head as to why it self corrected.

Bob

Posted via the CrackBerry App with my BlackBerry Priv on AT&T
    11-16-15 05:20 PM
    Using just the default messenger app

11-16-15 05:20 PM
    It happened early on but after all updates were done all was good. This is the typical Android BS we have to deal with on the Priv. Every OS has issues just some more than others especially Android being it's open.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-15 05:38 PM
    looks like messenger is up to date, as is all the BlackBerry apps. Will just wait it out, tried reboot but hopefully resolves itself quickly

11-16-15 06:22 PM
    looks like messenger is up to date, as is all the BlackBerry apps. Will just wait it out, tried reboot but hopefully resolves itself quickly

Send mms on your data first then do it on WiFi as others have said it sorts itself out after doing it

11-16-15 06:47 PM
    All the suggested fixes in this thread will not address the issue. Priv has a big MMS problem. There are problems with how Lollipop handles MMS. Nexus owners were plagued by it extensively on and off. It only finally went away in the past few months.

Priv is now seeing that problem. And BlackBerry has to resolve it.

Please post in my MMS thread here. I know it says T-Mobile, but the thread has the attention of BlackBerry now.

https://supportforums.blackberry.com...e/td-p/3145636

11-16-15 06:54 PM
    Do the following:

Settings > More > Cellular networks > Access Point Names > delete everything except ATT Nextgenphone, which should be the default in use.

Reboot and try again.

11-16-15 08:17 PM
    Do the following:

Settings > More > Cellular networks > Access Point Names > delete everything except ATT Nextgenphone, which should be the default in use.

Reboot and try again.

Cannot edit access points. All options grayed out within each APN (T-Mobile).

11-16-15 09:00 PM
    Don't edit the access point itself. From the list of access points, hit the three dots on the top right, and discard/delete the ones that aren't being used. Only keep one.

You may do this without harm, you can always restore the access points to default using the same menu.

11-16-15 09:51 PM
    Don't edit the access point itself. From the list of access points, hit the three dots on the top right, and discard/delete the ones that aren't being used. Only keep one.

You may do this without harm, you can always restore the access points to default using the same menu.

From the list, the only option under the three dots is Restore to Default. And inside some of the APNs, they are all grayed out and have no three dots menu.

So I can only delete some of them.

cantina4me likes this.
    11-17-15 05:18 AM
    I don't think it's APN related anyway. Whenever I factory reset my phone to get MMS working again, the APN's are all the same as they are now.

11-17-15 05:31 AM
    Mine was having issues until AT&T disabled HD Voice on the device
    11-17-15 06:04 AM
    Mine was having issues until AT&T disabled HD Voice on the device
    Gonna try that with TMO in about 30 mins.

11-17-15 06:09 AM
    Having this issue with Rogers. Wanted to smash my phone when it repeatedly had issues sending MMS (amongst other Android nuances), however I was able to successfully send when turning my wifi off.
    11-18-15 12:40 AM