I'm trying to reach the recovery mode through fastboot and cannot for the life of me get it to proceed.

I get

1. Barcodes
    2. Continue the bootup
    3. Restart in fastboot
    4. Turn off the device

I attempt to select fastboot. It takes the selection and after a few seconds.....same menu.

I'm trying to clear the system cache. That's all I want to do.

Help, or others issues on the subject would be appreciated. I'm wondering if secure boot is the culprit.
    02-01-17 11:24 PM
    I'm trying to reach the recovery mode through fastboot and cannot for the life of me get it to proceed.

I get

1. Barcodes
    2. Continue the bootup
    3. Restart in fastboot
    4. Turn off the device

I attempt to select fastboot. It takes the selection and after a few seconds.....same menu.

I'm trying to clear the system cache. That's all I want to do.

Help, or others issues on the subject would be appreciated. I'm wondering if secure boot is the culprit.
    If I recall Item 3 does not do anything other than cycle through again. I think it is intended to be hooked up via usb with the Autoloader running.

Don't you clear the cache with Main Settings, Storage/USB/, Internal Storage, values calculate, then tap Cached Data down near the bottom.
    02-01-17 11:35 PM
    If I recall Item 3 does not do anything other than cycle through again. I think it is intended to be hooked up via usb with the Autoloader running.

Don't you clear the cache with Main Settings, Storage/USB/, Internal Storage, values calculate, then tap Cached Data down near the bottom.
    That is the apps cache. That has already been cleared.

Prior to 6.0 , system cache was an avaliable option in general options. Now it's supposedly buried, in the boot, and I can't get there.
    02-01-17 11:44 PM
    I could be wrong, but doesn't a 'simulated battery pull', (hold power button for 32 seconds) clear the system cache?
    Anybody know for sure?
    02-02-17 07:18 AM
    February 5th update, on the third. Solved the issue.

That being said, I still want to figure this out.
    02-03-17 08:40 PM
    I am having the same problem here i cannot clear the cache. I cannot even enter to Recovery mode, the android icon comes up with an error and reboots. I have the 09.05 update. Do you have any ideas on this?
    10-21-17 02:07 PM
    I was wondering if theres a way to wipe the ART cache without having to reset the phone and wipe all my data.
    10-21-17 10:33 PM
    I am having the same problem here i cannot clear the cache. I cannot even enter to Recovery mode, the android icon comes up with an error and reboots. I have the 09.05 update. Do you have any ideas on this?
    Recovery is a protected partition now. Adb reboot recovery will get you there but no options.
    10-25-17 04:25 PM