What is Blackberry doing? You tell me if you can make out todays date in the calendar picture ,Blackberry is a great solfware company but it's like they are giving us (Priv owners) the bare minimum in all the Blackberry apps that are on this phone ,NOT one of the apps work as it should (for the exception of the virtual keyboard) and when I said like it should, I was a bb10 owner from day one so I know what I'm talking about. So what is your take on this

Posted via blackberry priv
    Attached Thumbnails can't make out Calendar numbers-145521.jpg  
    05-01-16 08:04 AM
    Mine works fine. Try disabling the calendar and installing again.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android

Edit : now I see what you mean. Yeah it kinda sucks. But seems like a small issue.
    Attached Thumbnails can't make out Calendar numbers-125761.jpg  
    05-01-16 08:20 AM
    What you can't make out the slightly khaki gray color of today's date as compared to the rest of the gray numbers?

Yes, it is pretty poorly differentiated. And I see no setting to alter the colors.
    gizmo21 and mokimoki like this.
    05-01-16 09:17 AM
    I think that's why they decided to throw in that little novelty to the top right of the screen that highlights the date... haha As a back-up because they know their calendar sucks and that their choice in color scheme was not very flattering...

I wish they coded the Priv's calendar icon as they did in BB10 and such as well... Where the calendar icon serves a purpose and displays the actual date... It's 'different' and not as useful the way they chose to implement that functionality on the Priv. They kept the icon stagnant at the 1st while showing today's date in a shrunken version to the top right of the app when opened...

BlackBerry's native calendar on the Priv still has a LONG way to go in my opinion... Beyond annoying and serves very little purpose or practicality... At this point that hardcopy calendar I purchased from a local booster's club event has more value than the one the Priv is yielding... May the future OS updates be kind to it... Hopefully it matures quickly...

Posted via CB10
    05-01-16 09:30 AM
    What you can't make out the slightly khaki gray color of today's date as compared to the rest of the gray numbers?

Yes, it is pretty poorly differentiated. And I see no setting to alter the colors.
    I don't have to even think about showing this to my friend having a color vision deficiency, yeah accessibility sadly is no huge subject in software developement.
    05-01-16 09:31 AM
    I think that's why they decided to throw in that little novelty to the top right of the screen that highlights the date... haha As a back-up because they know their calendar sucks and that their choice in color scheme was not very flattering...

I wish they coded the Priv's calendar icon as they did in BB10 and such as well... Where the calendar icon serves a purpose and displays the actual date... It's 'different' and not as useful the way they chose to implement that functionality on the Priv. They kept the icon stagnant at the 1st while showing today's date in a shrunken version to the top right of the app when opened...

BlackBerry's native calendar on the Priv still has a LONG way to go in my opinion... Beyond annoying and serves very little purpose or practicality... At this point that hardcopy calendar I purchased from a local booster's club event has more value than the one the Priv is yielding... May the future OS updates be kind to it... Hopefully it matures quickly...

Posted via CB10
    C_bryant mentioned that the static icon will probably become dynamic.
    05-01-16 09:36 AM
    C_bryant mentioned that the static icon will probably become dynamic.
    Not very consoling... 'Probably' from BlackBerry usually means "in a galaxy, far, far away..." tho...

Posted via CB10
    Uzi likes this.
    05-01-16 09:48 AM
    Not very consoling... 'Probably' from BlackBerry usually means "in a galaxy, far, far away..." tho...

Posted via CB10
    Lol so far I don't think that's been the case where I've said things have been coming...

And I don't disagree that it's hard to see today's date. I'll be discussing with the team. That should be fixed.
    Uzi, FF22, CivilDissident and 1 others like this.
    05-01-16 10:01 AM
    Beyond this small problem (IMO) a bigger issue is this most current iteration of the calendar broke my ability to choose my BBM Group calendar as the default calendar or even to add or edit new events under that calendar. I now have to add them via BBM itself which is not easy.

The #1 reason I have stayed with BlackBerry is now gone. Why on earth would they do this?

05-01-16 10:11 AM

Posted via CB10
    Oh, if you tap that little icon at the top right (Shows DATE), it changes the calendar view to a view that does highlight today's date better. It changes to this:

can't make out Calendar numbers-screenshot_2016-05-01-08-21-57.jpg
    05-01-16 10:26 AM
    Lol so far I don't think that's been the case where I've said things have been coming...

And I don't disagree that it's hard to see today's date. I'll be discussing with the team. That should be fixed.
    You're right, as far as your actual postings have gone, they have been pretty accurately executed... I shall remain patient and await...

Posted via CB10
    05-01-16 10:27 AM
    Oh, if you tap that little icon at the top right (Shows DATE), it changes the calendar view to a view that does highlight today's date better. It changes to this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2016-05-01-08-21-57.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	67.3 KB 
ID:	398709
    Yes, which is nice... But not as nice as just going to a slightly different hue and alleviating the OP's posted issue entirely...

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    05-01-16 10:32 AM
    Beyond this small problem (IMO) a bigger issue is this most current iteration of the calendar broke my ability to choose my BBM Group calendar as the default calendar or even to add or edit new events under that calendar. I now have to add them via BBM itself which is not easy.

The #1 reason I have stayed with BlackBerry is now gone. Why on earth would they do this?

Did you recently download the new BBM app? I don't think we would have made any such changes in the calendar app...I'll touch base with the BBM guys.
    Last edited by c_bryant34; 05-01-16 at 12:02 PM.
    05-01-16 11:40 AM
    I could start a new thread but.... It is a caledar issue.

Isn't there anyway for Reminders/Warnings to be PERSISTENT? For instance: Doc's appt is for 4pm this afternoon. I have the reminder set to, well, remind me 3 hours in advance. So at 1pm, the reminder pops up. If I'm away from my phone when a warning comes due I don't see it. All that remains is one of those little Splats at the top with all of those other little splats. Lost in the abundance of splats is the reminder of the Doc's appt at 4pm.

In BB10, the reminder's prompt box is still front and center when I walk back to the phone and wake it up. I can then snooze, dismiss or even open it and easily change the reminder for ONE HOUR before appt.

I will even take suggestions as to third party tools which could do that? I tried Zooper Widget but don't see any function that helps.

Thanks for going off-topic.
    Techno-Emigre and gallopiton like this.
    05-01-16 03:11 PM
    Also be nice to have different color options. That sickly green is Ugly.
    05-01-16 03:35 PM
    Certainly appreciate the feedback! Our intent from a design perspective was to stick with established Android paradigms as much as possible to start. That said, the use case you've pointed out is one I've wondered at a bit myself. It's not something we're experimenting with right now, but is one I'm definitely keeping front of mind as I go through all of the feedback and as we evolve the app.
    CivilDissident likes this.
    05-01-16 03:44 PM
    I could start a new thread but.... It is a caledar issue.

Isn't there anyway for Reminders/Warnings to be PERSISTENT? For instance: Doc's appt is for 4pm this afternoon. I have the reminder set to, well, remind me 3 hours in advance. So at 1pm, the reminder pops up. If I'm away from my phone when a warning comes due I don't see it. All that remains is one of those little Splats at the top with all of those other little splats. Lost in the abundance of splats is the reminder of the Doc's appt at 4pm.

In BB10, the reminder's prompt box is still front and center when I walk back to the phone and wake it up. I can then snooze, dismiss or even open it and easily change the reminder for ONE HOUR before appt.

I will even take suggestions as to third party tools which could do that? I tried Zooper Widget but don't see any function that helps.

Thanks for going off-topic.
    Take a look at "Business Calendar". I'm using it until the BB Calendar is up to scratch for my purposes. It gives that persistent popup that remains until snoozed or dismissed. It also allows you to edit the reminder time for appointments created by others (which the BB Clendar currently does not).

I'm running Business Calendar with the notification sounds turned off to avoid going (more) crazy. The free version will handle the missing functions.

FTR, I also miss the customizable snooze from the BB10 calendar. I found it very, very useful to be able to chose a custom snooze time when the reminder popped up on screen..
    sam81, rjaybe and rickkel like this.
    05-01-16 04:00 PM
    Take a look at "Business Calendar". I'm using it until the BB Calendar is up to scratch for my purposes. It gives that persistent popup that remains until snoozed or dismissed. It also allows you to edit the reminder time for appointments created by others (which the BB Clendar currently does not).

I'm running Business Calendar with the notification sounds turned off to avoid going (more) crazy. The free version will handle the missing functions.

FTR, I also miss the customizable snooze from the BB10 calendar. I found it very, very useful to be able to chose a custom snooze time when the reminder popped up on screen..
    Thanks.

Is that by: Appgenix Software

And, does it sync with Google Calendar? Or do I need to create an entirely new calendar with data?
    05-01-16 04:10 PM
    Thanks.

Is that by: Appgenix Software

And, does it sync with Google Calendar? Or do I need to create an entirely new calendar with data?
    That's the one.

I have it syncing with two EAS calendars. I don't use Gmail or Google calendar anymore, but the description says it syncs with G-cal.

FYI, it also give a very similar widget with popup, as with the BlackBerry calendar.

05-01-16 04:53 PM

Thanks. Editing parts of an event you've received is something we're looking at for sure.

Are the two other things (custom snooze and persistent reminder) the only other big issues for you at the moment?
    05-01-16 05:21 PM
    Thanks. Editing parts of an event you've received is something we're looking at for sure.

Are the two other things (custom snooze and persistent reminder) the only other big issues for you at the moment?
    For me, Yes.

Well, I'm not particularly keen on the new Month view, but as I live in the Agenda view most of the time, that's not a big deal for me. The Calendar green colour? I've never been fond of it, but it doesn't hinder productivity.

I do find the widget unreliable on MM -- it doesn't update consistently. But this also applies to the BBM widget as well, so it's more an MM issue than the Calendar, I believe. (Ref BSR-400527.) Oddly enough, widgets for 3rd party apps are stable.
    05-01-16 05:45 PM

That's great to hear!!! I am using both Google calendar and BlackBerry calendar in parallel just to get the ability to "edit parts of an event" .

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Priv
    05-01-16 10:20 PM
    That's great to hear!!! I am using both Google calendar and BlackBerry calendar in parallel just to get the ability to "edit parts of an event" .

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Priv
    That's what I'm doing with aCalendar just to be able to change an events calendar (subcalendar) after an event is initially created.
    05-01-16 11:37 PM
    I was befuddled by the changes in the calendar. I decided to be patient, as I figured the only possible explanation was it was in prep of the arrival of Marshmallow. I think it is hard to see. Plus whereas before I was proud to show off my Priv, I wouldn't want anyone to see the current calendar. Doesn't look professional to me.

I agree that being able to change a reminder on the fly is very helpful. A problem I have run into is that I can't edit or delete a single occurrence of a recurring appointment. If an appointment is canceled or I want to cancel the reminder I can only edit all future dates.

FF22 likes this.
    05-02-16 10:01 PM
    I was befuddled by the changes in the calendar. I decided to be patient, as I figured the only possible explanation was it was in prep of the arrival of Marshmallow. I think it is hard to see. Plus whereas before I was proud to show off my Priv, I wouldn't want anyone to see the current calendar. Doesn't look professional to me.

I agree that being able to change a reminder on the fly is very helpful. A problem I have run into is that I can't edit or delete a single occurrence of a recurring appointment. If an appointment is canceled or I want to cancel the reminder I can only edit all future dates.

Oh, if that's true, that's is terrible. I will have to remember to check on that aspect of REPEATING reminders.
    05-02-16 10:14 PM
27 12