You can find way better options for the same price. Even Google's Nexus 6P is miles ahead in terms of performance compared to the Priv, at a much lower price. I really don't see any other reason to use a Priv anymore. The Hub doesn't integrate popular messaging apps. Even if it does (with Whatsapp), it's functions are limited and you're better off using the native app. The Pkb is nice, but it doesn't support native Mandarin, so basically next to useless for me. It gets hot, a LOT, even after the MM update. It still lags compare to other premium phones such as the S7 or the Xperia Z5.

The only reason I would use it now, is for the wow factor. But again, it's still pretty pointless after you get used to it'd quirky industrial design.

Can anyone convince me otherwise?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    mokimoki likes this.
    05-25-16 03:06 AM
    No, nobody can convince you. I could write the same about every phone, positives and negatives. The margins are small, but for 90% of people a decent smartphone is enough, but for the other 10% it has to be perfect, which doesn't exist. I use the Priv and am happy, but i could also use an iphone or a 6p and would be happy i guess, but i love the Priv too.

Posted via my BlackBerry Priv or BlackBerry Passport
    05-25-16 03:55 AM
    I'm not there to judge your experience, but to demonstrate your assertions may NOT be right for everyone...

Posted via CB10
    Xeak likes this.
    05-25-16 04:56 AM
    What reason would anyone have to try and convince you otherwise? Only BB themselves care if you use a Priv (maybe). Buy whatever you want.
    05-25-16 04:59 AM
    I'm not there to judge your experience, but to demonstrate your assertions may NOT be right for everyone...

Posted via CB10
    As you can see,performance wise, Priv>=6P even with an older chipset.

Posted via CB10
    Xeak likes this.
    05-25-16 05:11 AM
    My priv doesn't over heat and has great battery life. It does what it needs to do, I use the hubb and have all my apps installed. I find performance lovely, it's snappy and gets things done,

But if you looking for that ultra performance and I don't know what else , then go with s7.

Phone has everything specd for the junky,

That's not me though, I'm enterprise, so blackberry has always appealed to me.

Just my 5 cents.
    Pegger5, Xeak and Matt J like this.
    05-25-16 05:16 AM
    Let me know when there's a better option with a physical keyboard. Oh, and I don't want that BB10.
    gizmo21 likes this.
    05-25-16 06:06 AM
    My priv doesn't over heat and has great battery life. It does what it needs to do, I use the hubb and have all my apps installed. I find performance lovely, it's snappy and gets things done,

But if you looking for that ultra performance and I don't know what else , then go with s7.

Phone has everything specd for the junky,

That's not me though, I'm enterprise, so blackberry has always appealed to me.

Just my 5 cents.
    I can confirm that.
    The battery life is awesome since Marshmallow and there's no overheating issues here.
    the Priv suits my needs but coming from bbos10 I do agree that the hub could be improved more. But since we get constant updates I'm quite happy with my Priv

Posted via the Priv running 'the Google'
    Xeak and Macjr68 like this.
    05-25-16 07:35 AM
    Let me know when there's a better option with a physical keyboard. Oh, and I don't want that BB10.
    Exactly and try finding a Android phone with a Hub, PKB and BlackBerry VKB like option (without side loading it) .. These are unique to PRIV but if not happy, that's great . Go get a new phone! PRIV sells itself if used as intended.

Using PRIV since Nov 6, 2015
    Pegger5, Xeak and Macjr68 like this.
    05-25-16 07:44 AM
    To each his own I guess.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-16 09:44 AM
    For me Priv is a great phone with excellent state of art slider mechanism. The PKB is too good and is trademark of BlackBerry.
    Each phone has its advantages and disadvantages and BlackBerry phones are popular because of unique specs which is not found on other phones .

Blackberry Priv on Etisalat 4G Network
    Macjr68 likes this.
    05-25-16 10:01 AM
    If no liky the Privy then sell your privy and move on!
    I really like my Priv unlocked with ATT and have MM on it and i like the fact I can have two keyboards
    Macjr68 and Ruud Westerweele like this.
    05-25-16 10:16 AM
    Plus I really don't understand the complaint about Chinese input. I do it daily. Yes, it's annoying not being able to switch language using ALT+ENTER, but everything at least works, I can use both handwriting (which I suck at) and Cantonese input (which wasn't even an option in BB10).
    Elite1 likes this.
    05-25-16 10:32 AM
    I have BlackBerry Classic but when I see Priv I wondered and I'll soon buy it, you know Priv is most beautiful and private smartphone I ever seen from the best and blooded smartphone company not refrigerator builder one

Posted via CB10
    05-25-16 10:44 AM
    You can find way better options for the same price. Even Google's Nexus 6P is miles ahead in terms of performance compared to the Priv, at a much lower price. I really don't see any other reason to use a Priv anymore. The Hub doesn't integrate popular messaging apps. Even if it does (with Whatsapp), it's functions are limited and you're better off using the native app. The Pkb is nice, but it doesn't support native Mandarin, so basically next to useless for me. It gets hot, a LOT, even after the MM update. It still lags compare to other premium phones such as the S7 or the Xperia Z5.

The only reason I would use it now, is for the wow factor. But again, it's still pretty pointless after you get used to it'd quirky industrial design.

If you want to do Android, you said it, Nexus 6p, build quality OS stability and performance is a winner any day! For blackberry, the PassPort is still soooopa! I use them both and both of them are superb!
    05-25-16 11:27 AM
    Check this out.

Great phone !!??
    Macjr68 likes this.
    05-25-16 11:29 AM
    Well, what if a BB10 pkb phone were a better option, in your case?
    05-25-16 12:29 PM
    Buy whatever suits you.

Posted via my beloved Passport solid black edition
    anon(5597702), FF22 and Jrox74 like this.
    05-25-16 12:41 PM
    love the bend video to each there own
    05-25-16 04:13 PM
    I agree with the OP. I have an att priv on att and it's frustrating with the weak battery life. Granted I don't have MM yet but lollipop battery life socks balls on it.
    The best thing about the priv is its PKB which is the main reason I bought it.
    If someone were to ask my opinion on the phone I would recommend them buying an S7 or any other high quality cheaper android unless they want a PKB then I would definitely recommend the priv.
    I would also recommend the priv if they were able to get the $399 deal from newegg/dailysteal. It's definitely worth getting it for $399 but not at $650/699 price.
    I'm still not sure what BlackBerry was thinking by releasing it with a $700 price tag when the brand is so tarnished.

05-25-16 04:30 PM
    My priv doesn't heat up anymore since the 6.0.1 update. Battery life way better then b4. Loving my priv

05-25-16 05:30 PM
    I must admit I'm disappointed. Don't get me wrong the Priv is a good phone, bit I thought I was buying a great phone.

Posted via my really bad boy BlackBerry Priv
    05-25-16 06:04 PM
    Well, what if a BB10 pkb phone were a better option, in your case?
    If it was a better option I wouldn't take a huge hit to sell my Classic.
    Macjr68 likes this.
    05-25-16 07:46 PM
    If BlackBerry hadn't figured out how to secure Android, I would still be using my BlackBerry Z30. For me, mobile device security and privacy is more important than how quick and responsive a device is, or how good the camera is, or if Snapchat works on it or not. I like my Priv because it does what I need it to do securely. That's all. I use it as a phone, to text and message, to navigate, surf the web, take notes, send and receive emails, and occasionally play a game of solitaire, or something mindless like Candy Crush whenever I don't have something useful to do and don't care about mind rot. This is a mobile business computing, and communications device with a camera. It's not a toy, or if it is, it's a very expensive ill conceived one. If you want a toy and aren't concerned about privacy, then go ahead and buy your Spyphones, or your Spamsungs. Big Brother will applaud you.

Macjr68 likes this.
    05-25-16 08:36 PM
    I respect your opinion. All cool. I still think the BlackBerry Passport was the best phone. If it only supported the apps I need. To each their own!

fanisk and BLK BRRY like this.
    05-25-16 09:05 PM
49 12