Hello,

some days ago I posted a thread that I cannot get the Priv to work fine with a Toshiba 64GB micro SD card. Now I have a Sandisk with 64 GB and getting the same issue:

I get the card in, want to format for internal drive, 20% loading screen gets stucked.. after a few minutes, the phone says, the card is not workingor something.. phone turns off after a while. Turning the phone on again, the phone says that the card is broken. Getting card out, puttin in my old 8gb card, 8gb card works, putting back the 64 card back in, i have to install the card. trying to format even as mobile card.. getting an error message and card disappears. Back old one, then again the new one in. I can format to mobile card and it works. Trying to format into internal drive and all i wrote already repeats.

Exactly the same issue with with the Toshiba card. interesting thing on this: When the card is broken for the phone, you cannot even get accesss from computer (tried on Windows 10 computer at a friend).; else it is working fine.

Anyone know this big problem?
    05-04-16 05:09 AM
    Have you tried to format first by using your laptop?
    05-04-16 05:11 AM
    Not as the very first step, but like I said.. there is a big path where the card is broken for the computer and after some steps, when I can get it to work on the phone, it works on computer too. While this; i made a format too, yes.

It cannot debend on the card anymore.
    05-04-16 05:28 AM
    Got the same issue with two Samsung 64GB cards, one of them was working fine in the Priv until the Marshmallow update. Now it tells me that I need to format the card, the progress bar starts and stays at 20% and then the formatting screen crashes and I see a Java error message shortly on the desktop. The Priv states that the card was unexpectedly removed.

Seems like a common error after upgrading to Marshmallow.
    PloufsPuppet likes this.
    05-04-16 05:58 AM
    Have you installed the exfat drivers? Unlikely to be the issue, but may help

Posted via a Priv on an 6.0 Mushroom
    05-04-16 07:22 AM
    EXACTLY stsch99! Sow how are you doing with the Priv right now?

And of course I installed exfat drivers (the Priv informed me about that too).
    05-04-16 07:44 AM
    I had the same issue when formatting for internal storage. Formats fine for me as a portable SD card. 64GB SanDisk, but I suspect that doesn't matter.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-04-16 07:57 AM
    I am using my 128gb sd card from Z30. Music files and photos are visible but can't copy any thing and also it not visible in laptop.

Dr Prithvi via Priv the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-04-16 09:53 AM
    I had the exFAT drivers installed, already when on Lollipop. I formatted the SD card in a PC and a colleague's Samsung Android without issues (exFAT). Even then the PRIV tells me I need to format it again which fails no matter if internal or portable mode. I would like to use internal mode for encryption (if I loose my phone nobody could look onto the SD card without getting access to my phone). It's a Samsung Evo 64GB card which was working fine on Lollipop until upgrade.
    After the formatting crashes the card is still visible in the PRIV but I cannot copy files to it. Looking at it from a Windows PC shows a first partition of 16 MB and a second one for the rest of the available space.
    05-04-16 10:20 AM
    Okay, seems to be a common bug. I hope some BB devs read that and make a patch for that :-)
    05-04-16 06:25 PM
    Reporting in with the same error!

Priv completely bricked a 64gb card, and then Windows would only format it to 16mb.

To rescue the card, connect it to pc with another device, open disk management, delete both 16mb, and larger partition, then add new simple volume, follow wizard, NTFS, and card is saved. It may take some time to re-write.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-11-16 01:05 AM
    This still hasn't been fixed with the large >1GB system update that came in June - I tried.

On the other side: I read that with Android 6 if you format a card as "internal storage" Android will ask you if you want to move your apps and data to the SD card. This card will then be the new internal memory and replaces the original 32GB. For the user it would not be possible to access this 32GB memory any more. In my eyes this function makes only sense for devices with low in-built memory.

So I'm keeping my SD card as "portable" and have both internal and SD card memory available. The only disadvantage is that the SD card isn't encrypted. I'd like to have it in case I loose my phone that there is a chance the finder won't be able to access my SD card...
    07-11-16 04:44 AM
    Internal storage creates two partitions on the SD card, a 16MB Fat32 and an encrypted Ext4 or F2FS - I don't know what it is.
    2 or more partitions on an SD card are pretty non-standard, so Windows doesn't recognize these. I've been using MiniTool Partition Wizard to manage cards formatted like this.

Smartphone/SD card brand compatibility is weird anyway. I'm using a SanDisk 64GB in my Priv as internal without issues so far. I had two SanDisk 32GB in two Moto G3s and they both got corrupted quickly. Two Samsung 32GB cards seem to get along fine.
    07-11-16 06:52 AM
    I'm using my Samsung 32 GB. It works without any Problems.

BUT I want to use my two SanDisk 64 GB. The think is I can see the Pictures of this two SanDisk Cards on my Computer but the BlackBerry PRIV want me to format, it will just hang for a while on 20 % and then it will tell me it is not working. I also tried already to format they SanDisks on the Computer but it won't let me. What can I do? I even installed the Microsoft ExFAT for BlackBerry.

Please help me Guys. I don't want to use the 32 GB. I want to have my 64 GB.

What will happen when I get a 128 GB or 200 GB? It will also tell me to format it? Even if I just got it brand new?

 B L A C K B E R R Y [ P R I V ]  | CB APP | A N D R O I D
    07-12-16 09:11 AM
    I had the same problem using a 64gb Silicon Power u3 card. Could have been a speed, compatability issue not sure...but nothing I did fixed. It would always corrupt the card at some point. Find a card that works and stick with it. Read around the forums. Currently I'm using Sandisk Ultra 128GB with no issues.

Posted via BlackBerry Priv STV100-1
    07-12-16 09:26 AM
    I'm using one of the Samsung 128 gig cards with no problem. About 1/3 filled.
    07-12-16 10:00 AM
    I had the same problem using a 64gb Silicon Power u3 card. Could have been a speed, compatability issue not sure...but nothing I did fixed. It would always corrupt the card at some point. Find a card that works and stick with it. Read around the forums. Currently I'm using Sandisk Ultra 128GB with no issues.

Posted via BlackBerry Priv STV100-1
    Thank you very much. If there is no problem with the 128 GB from SanDisk I will get myself one tomorrow.

 B L A C K B E R R Y [ P R I V ]  | CB APP | A N D R O I D
    07-12-16 10:06 AM
    I have exactly the same problem with DTEK60+SAMSUNG EVO 64GB SD CARD.
    12-08-16 08:30 AM
    Hi everyone, thanks for posting this. I'm having the same issue. Priv seems to work fine no matter what as long as it's 32 GB or less. As soon as I pop in a 64 GB, it allows me to format and use it as a regular sd card but will not allow me to use it as an internal.

Anyone found a workaround please?

Thanks
    08-25-17 11:35 AM
    Have you guys downloaded 'ex fat for blackberry'?
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ry.exfat&hl=en
    No clue why it wasn't preloaded from the factory, but BB saw fit not do so. You can't run anything larger than 32 without it.
    Also, DO NOT set an SD up as 'internal memory' or 'adopted memory'. Plenty of threads here, (and every other android forum or source) explaining why it's a really bad idea.
    Last edited by Wezard; 08-27-17 at 04:24 PM.
    OriginalLucy likes this.
    08-27-17 11:27 AM
    My 64gb Samsung EVO corrupted after the June update. Hasn't worked in the PRIV since. Works just fine in my Passport SE, though
    08-28-17 08:08 PM
    My 64gb Samsung EVO corrupted after the June update. Hasn't worked in the PRIV since. Works just fine in my Passport SE, though
    Now thats just weird
    I believe you, but it's still weird.
    08-30-17 03:08 PM
    It is really weird. I think because the PRIV creates another partition or something that I had to delete to get it to work. Don't know for sure. ☺
    08-30-17 03:29 PM