This is bizarre! I got a phone call on my new priv earlier, and couldn't answer it, it went to voicemail after n rings. So I checked settings and found that it's not 'checked' to ring!

I've now checked it, and re-booted, but it's still not ringing.

What do I do?

Edit
    I don't know what sip accounts are, so haven't touched them.

Far out brussel sprout!! Fancy a phone being considered to use more battery life when one receives phone calls!!!

Also, it's just dawned on me that this is the first phone call I've received in the week i've owned the (new) priv, I've made heaps of calls, but only received on this device for the first time, today ....
    Attached Thumbnails can't answer phone calls-3282.jpg  
    Last edited by Heavens1; 01-12-17 at 05:54 PM.
    01-12-17 05:39 PM
    I can't respond to a phone call only when the screen is 'off', that is when the phone is turned on but has timed out and is in standby.

If the screen is already 'on' or working, or awake, when I get a call then I get a pop up and I can answer the call.

I don't use a screen lock, or device lock, so what's happening? Why can't I answer calls when the phone is in standby? (They show on my screen, but none of the 'button's work.
    01-12-17 07:04 PM
    This is bizarre! I got a phone call on my new priv earlier, and couldn't answer it, it went to voicemail after n rings. So I checked settings and found that it's not 'checked' to ring!

I've now checked it, and re-booted, but it's still not ringing.

What do I do?

Edit
    I don't know what sip accounts are, so haven't touched them.

Far out brussel sprout!! Fancy a phone being considered to use more battery life when one receives phone calls!!!

Also, it's just dawned on me that this is the first phone call I've received in the week i've owned the (new) priv, I've made heaps of calls, but only received on this device for the first time, today ....
    Well, to save battery life, I would just power off completely. That would really extend its life!

So, under Main Settings, Sound/Notification, you have a PhoneRington set? Spirit is the one I've got.

What's also interesting is that if you scroll further down to AppNotifications, there is a Phone settings but it is overall "Normal" whatever that might mean. But within those settings, you can silence it, too, it seems.

Then, also look at 'Do Not Disturb in Sound/Notif and see if any rules might govern.

Then as a reward for my efforts, video a toilet flushing in the other direction and post it here!
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    01-12-17 07:05 PM
    Thanks f2 the phone rings when it's called, so that's working okay, the darn thing just won't let me answer from a 'wake up' point of view. So, it shows the phone screen ringing, but the screen doesn't touch respond, or swipe respond.

You'd think all I had to do was swipe up to at least allow home screen to show, but no swipes are responsive. The phone remains 'locked' until the call goes to voicemail.

Re your settings suggestions, yeah they're as they should be.

It seems to be something to do with screen lock when phone rings in standby mode, but I can't work out if/where the settings are for 'standby' mode or similar .....

PS I never notice which way the h2o goes down the drain ..... But ..... Watch out, cos if you're naughty in the northern hemisphere then you'll be flushed out of our drains in the southern hemisphere! (Apparently some euro parents used to frighten their kids by saying that! Lol .... )
    FF22 likes this.
    01-12-17 08:47 PM
    Okay, user error on my behalf! Apparently I need to swipe across the screen from left to right to answer a call, and not touch anything else!!

Oh well, I quite readily call myself a dumbo at times like this
    gebco, FF22 and Wezard like this.
    01-12-17 09:50 PM
    I had the same issue and started a thread a while back called "how do you answer calls on the Priv". Search the forum and you might find some ideas on that thread.
    01-12-17 10:09 PM
    Okay, user error on my behalf! Apparently I need to swipe across the screen from left to right to answer a call, and not touch anything else!!

Oh well, I quite readily call myself a dumbo at times like this
    Hahaha! Yeah it's a pretty good learning curve coming to the Priv from BB10. I've had mine for 10 months now and there are still things I'm trying to figure out.
    01-13-17 09:28 AM