04-19-17 04:12 PM
54 123
tools
    From Microsoft:

Add an outlook.com account using the built-in Android mail app

You can also choose to set up mail using the built-in Android mail app.

Tap*Settings*>*Accounts*>*Add account*>*Exchange.

Type your full email address, for example <someone>@outlook.com. (This can be an email account ending with @outlook.com, @hotmail.com, @msn.com, or @live.com, and includes international domains, such as @outlook.co.uk, or any custom domains hosted on Outlook.com.)

If you only want your email account to sync to your phone, tap*Next*and follow the rest of the prompts.

However, if you want other sync options, such as syncing your calendar and contacts as well, selectManual setup*and follow the steps below.

NOTE:*The manual steps below are for Outlook.com accounts only. If you're trying to set up a Yahoo, Gmail, or iCloud account, check those providers for information.

On the type of account page, select*Exchange*>*Next.

Type your password and select*Next.

On the Incoming server settings page set the following:

Domain\Username*
    Make sure your full email address appears. For example, <someone>@outlook.com. If*Domainand*Username*are separate text boxes on your device, leave the*Domain*box empty, and type your full email address in the*Username*box.

Password*
    Use the password that you use to access your account.

Server name*
    You might need to replace what's there withs.outlook.com*for any email account ending with @outlook.com, @hotmail.com, @msn.com, or @live.com, including international domains, such as @outlook.co.uk, or any custom domains hosted on Outlook.com.

Port*
    Use 443 or 993.

Security type*
    Select*SSL/TLS*or make sure the*Use secure connection (SSL)*checkbox is checked, then tapNext.

On Account options, change or accept the default sync settings, and then select*Next.

Name your account if you want and then select*Next.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Priv
    This worked perfectly for me!! Thank you! I had the same problem on my Samsung Note 4.
    09-08-16 07:43 AM
    Up!

Happened to me right now, tried both manually and automatic and nothing changes
    I use hub+ on my samsung s6, never had any problem before.
    I did also change the password, didn't work.
    Checked the 2 steps security with microsoft, they're not on
    Don't really know what else i should do
    11-20-16 12:20 AM
    My moms priv started having tis very issue this morning. Tying to get it lined out so if anyone figures this out please post soon lol
    11-22-16 11:49 AM
    Here what you may want to try, and how I managed to fix the problem on my Priv. I have Two-step verification turned on for all my email accounts which include my outlook.com, and live.com accounts. I changed my account password yesterday forgetting that I have to get a special password by logging into the live.com account on the Microsoft site. This is necessary because the Priv is not MFA (multi-factor authentication) aware. This gap leads to additional steps whenever a new outlook.com/live.com account is added to the Priv or any Android phone. They are as follows:

1. Login to the Windows ID site with our account name and password.
    2. Click on "Security", under "Update your security info", click "Update Info"
    3. Find "more options" hyper link, and go there. You'll see "Turn on/off two-step verification". You you had it on turn it off, and then turn it on again.
    4. Once it is toggled on, you'll be given a few choices, one of which should be to allow sync with your Android phone. Choose that.
    5. The next screen will produce instructions about entering a password it presents to you with a very long password, all lower case letters. This is the password you'll need to use to set up the account in the Priv.

Well, if you are not using MFA, it is time to consider using it. good luck.

Quentin
    FF22 likes this.
    04-19-17 04:12 PM
54 123