I'm on AT&T with a locked PRIV and finally got an update yesterday and am on AH667. I have a 128GB SD card set up as portable storage. I have a folder on that SD card named documents that has several files in it. Through the phones settings and native file manager I can view the folders and files in them. When I plug into my computer now I can see files in Music, Pictures and DCIM only now. The folders Documents, Videos, and Ringtones all show as empty on the computer but there are actually files in them. I have not had any previous problems viewing or editing these files and folders on my computer until now. I do have my computer set to show hidden files. Anybody know whats going on or how to fix it?
    12-08-16 08:54 PM
    I'm on AT&T with a locked PRIV and finally got an update yesterday and am on AH667. I have a 128GB SD card set up as portable storage. I have a folder on that SD card named documents that has several files in it. Through the phones settings and native file manager I can view the folders and files in them. When I plug into my computer now I can see files in Music, Pictures and DCIM only now. The folders Documents, Videos, and Ringtones all show as empty on the computer but there are actually files in them. I have not had any previous problems viewing or editing these files and folders on my computer until now. I do have my computer set to show hidden files. Anybody know whats going on or how to fix it?
    Are you sure your not just looking at the Priv's internal memory instead of the SD Card? Did you change the USB mode from Charging to File Transfers?
    12-08-16 10:25 PM
    Are you sure your not just looking at the Priv's internal memory instead of the SD Card? Did you change the USB mode from Charging to File Transfers?
    Yes to both questions. I've had no issues viewing and editing all folders via computer previously. When I view the SD card all of the correct folders show up its just that some of them show they are empty when I click on them which is not correct.
    12-08-16 11:29 PM
    I've had an issue where image files on my SD card viewed from my Windows 10 PC show as having a file size of zero K and can't be copied or opened.

It may be something similar.
    12-08-16 11:46 PM
    Yes to both questions. I've had no issues viewing and editing all folders via computer previously. When I view the SD card all of the correct folders show up its just that some of them show they are empty when I click on them which is not correct.
    Did you Tap "file transfers" (MTP) or did you tap Photo Transfer (PTP) (although this only shows my internal drive)?

I just plugged my ShopBB priv in to computer and I can see a variety of my own created folders and even subfolders and see the file contents.

You did not hide stuff using a File manager or 3rd party app?
    12-09-16 12:04 AM
    Did you Tap "file transfers" (MTP) or did you tap Photo Transfer (PTP) (although this only shows my internal drive)?

I just plugged my ShopBB priv in to computer and I can see a variety of my own created folders and even subfolders and see the file contents.

You did not hide stuff using a File manager or 3rd party app?
    I tapped MTP which is what has been working all along. I can see all folders but only access part of them. I do not have anything hidden nor do I have a file manager other than the native marshmallow one. This has been working previously and I have not changed anything or done anything different besides updating the phone to the Nov 6 AAH667 update a couple of days ago. This is very frustrating. I found this because I needed to update a spreadsheet via computer and save back to the sd card on my phone but I can't even see the file via computer but it is there via phone. Been doing this with no issues until now
    12-09-16 06:48 AM
    I tapped MTP which is what has been working all along. I can see all folders but only access part of them. I do not have anything hidden nor do I have a file manager other than the native marshmallow one. This has been working previously and I have not changed anything or done anything different besides updating the phone to the Nov 6 AAH667 update a couple of days ago. This is very frustrating. I found this because I needed to update a spreadsheet via computer and save back to the sd card on my phone but I can't even see the file via computer but it is there via phone. Been doing this with no issues until now
    First, if you have any unique, irreplaceable data on the card, I would remove it from the phone and copy it to a computer or other backup just as a precaution. Make sure to UNmount it officially.

Then, I'd suggest trying one or all of the reboot methods and see if that fixes it.

From BB blog: How to reset PRIV by BlackBerry | Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

Three restart/reboot methods

The first method, which should be used 99.9% of the time when you want to reboot your device, is using the Reboot option that appears after pressing the Power key.

Press and hold the Power key for 3 seconds
    Select Reboot from the menu that is presented

The second reset method should be used if pressing the Power key does not produce the menu with Power Off and Restart. For example, if an app or game you are using won’t close, use this option to restart your device.

Press and hold the Power key for 12 seconds

Third method: Should your device fail to respond, the final reset method is to press and hold the Power key for 32 seconds which is equivalent to removing the battery. This should result in your device booting up successfully.

If it fails to start, however, verify you are not pressing any other keys such as Volume Up, Mute, or Volume Down while performing any of the reset methods listed above. If you use a case for your device you may want to remove it as it might be pressing a button inadvertently.

And just for an extra measure, if needed:

Safe Mode:

The next step is placing your device into safe mode.

When used, Safe Mode will disable any third party apps or games you have installed. As a result of this, should your device not exhibit the issue while in Safe Mode it’s safe to assume the issue is specific to an app or game you have installed. Safe Mode may also remove apps and/or widgets from your various home screens when you go back to Normal.

Press and hold the power key
    Tap and hold Power off (that is Press/Hold the Power Off prompt line) when it appears
    When prompted, tap OK to reboot to Safe Mode

To get out of Safe Mode, press and hold the power key followed by tapping Reboot.

After testing, should your device not exhibit any issues, the next step is to remove recently installed applications one by one until the issue is resolved.
    12-09-16 08:47 AM
    First, if you have any unique, irreplaceable data on the card, I would remove it from the phone and copy it to a computer or other backup just as a precaution. Make sure to UNmount it officially.

Then, I'd suggest trying one or all of the reboot methods and see if that fixes it.

From BB blog: How to reset PRIV by BlackBerry | Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

Three restart/reboot methods

The first method, which should be used 99.9% of the time when you want to reboot your device, is using the Reboot option that appears after pressing the Power key.

Press and hold the Power key for 3 seconds
    Select Reboot from the menu that is presented

The second reset method should be used if pressing the Power key does not produce the menu with Power Off and Restart. For example, if an app or game you are using won’t close, use this option to restart your device.

Press and hold the Power key for 12 seconds

Third method: Should your device fail to respond, the final reset method is to press and hold the Power key for 32 seconds which is equivalent to removing the battery. This should result in your device booting up successfully.

If it fails to start, however, verify you are not pressing any other keys such as Volume Up, Mute, or Volume Down while performing any of the reset methods listed above. If you use a case for your device you may want to remove it as it might be pressing a button inadvertently.

And just for an extra measure, if needed:

Safe Mode:

The next step is placing your device into safe mode.

When used, Safe Mode will disable any third party apps or games you have installed. As a result of this, should your device not exhibit the issue while in Safe Mode it’s safe to assume the issue is specific to an app or game you have installed. Safe Mode may also remove apps and/or widgets from your various home screens when you go back to Normal.

Press and hold the power key
    Tap and hold Power off (that is Press/Hold the Power Off prompt line) when it appears
    When prompted, tap OK to reboot to Safe Mode

To get out of Safe Mode, press and hold the power key followed by tapping Reboot.

After testing, should your device not exhibit any issues, the next step is to remove recently installed applications one by one until the issue is resolved.
    Thanks for the input. Just want to throw a couple of things out there based on my personal experience. I've gone through several Micro SD cards and have always been extremely careful about mounting and unmounting the card any time I needed to remove or replace it. I would recommend to everyone to NOT physically remove the SD card once it has been formatted and installed even if you are using it in portable mode. I have had 3 different cards corrupted by 2 different PRIVs and believe it is related to removing and reinstalling. I know there are others here that are not having problems with this but this has been my experience.

I've tried all 3 restart/reboot methods. I have not tried the safe mode but do not have any new or different apps than I have had all along with this working. I actually created the folders that are not working with the computer and edited their contents several times previously
    12-09-16 02:57 PM
    ...I actually created the folders that are not working with the computer and edited their contents several times previously
    It could be that creating folders with Windows on your Android SD card is the issue. Try creating new folders on your PRIV with Android and see if that works better.
    12-09-16 03:02 PM
    It could be that creating folders with Windows on your Android SD card is the issue. Try creating new folders on your PRIV with Android and see if that works better.
    I went that route because I could not figure out how to create folders without installing a 3rd party file manager. I was doing it that way at first and I felt that it might have been part of the cause of the corrupted cards so currently I have stayed completely away from a third party file manager. Also as previously stated this had been working fine for over a month until the update.
    12-09-16 06:26 PM
    As an experiment, give Airdroid a shot if you have wifi. It uses a browser interface on the computer. So you run the app on the Priv, then open a browser windows to a wifi path 192.168.xxx.yyy:zzzz. You can then navigate around the drive(s) with a graphic interface in the browser. You can up and download.

Again, just an experiment to see if you can see files in those folders.
    12-09-16 07:22 PM
    As an experiment, give Airdroid a shot if you have wifi. It uses a browser interface on the computer. So you run the app on the Priv, then open a browser windows to a wifi path 192.168.xxx.yyy:zzzz. You can then navigate around the drive(s) with a graphic interface in the browser. You can up and download.

Again, just an experiment to see if you can see files in those folders.
    So I finally had time to try the experiment. Using Airdroid and the browser window to the IP address I am able to see the files in the folders. So now I am even more perplexed as to why 3 folders show empty when using the USB direct.
    FF22 likes this.
    12-10-16 11:08 PM
    So I finally had time to try the experiment. Using Airdroid and the browser window to the IP address I am able to see the files in the folders. So now I am even more perplexed as to why 3 folders show empty when using the USB direct.
    That would be the difference between the way the html browser based interface over Wi-Fi and the Windows File Explorer over USB interact with the Android file system.
    12-11-16 12:12 AM
    That would be the difference between the way the html browser based interface over Wi-Fi and the Windows File Explorer over USB interact with the Android file system.
    But why are some of his folders hidden using usb? I see my folders in both Airdroid and usb connection.
    12-11-16 12:25 AM
    But the windows file based explorer has been working fine up until a few days ago. Have not changed or updated anything on my computer.
    12-11-16 12:42 PM
    But why are some of his folders hidden using usb? I see my folders in both Airdroid and usb connection.
    The folders are not hidden they do show up its just that some of them are showing to be empty when they have files in them
    FF22 likes this.
    12-11-16 12:43 PM