First of all, this title should read cannot send SMS!

Searched around a bit to see if anyone had this exact problem - didn't come up with anything.

Got a Verizon Priv today. Everything is pretty great so far except one issue with texting.

I am using the Textra app rather than the stock Verizon app. So far I have sent and received text messages with 11 people. Of those 11, 10 worked flawlessly. There is one person who I cannot send text messages to with Textra. I simply get the message "Failed. Tap to resend." and the message has an exclamation point next to it. I can receive texts from this person, but not send them using Textra.

Now, I know this person has iMessage enabled (I came from an iPhone myself). However, I am texting back and forth flawlessly with several other people who I know also have iMessage enabled.

I tried switching to the stock Verizon Messages+ app, and using that app I CAN send messages to this person and anyone else. I tried another 3rd party texting app, and again, I cannot send messages to this person.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance.
    05-23-16 10:48 PM
    I guess you can contact the Textra developer and inquire about the issue. But other Textra users might pop in and provide some assistance.

I don't really text and use the default Verizon app.

I've asked that your Title be changed, too.
    05-24-16 12:10 AM
    05-24-16 12:21 AM
    Did you turn off iMessage on your iPhone and also deregister your number from Apple's server's? Here's the link to do that! It may take 2-3 days to complete. Also, tell the other person to delete your text messages and then start a new conversation w/ you. https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage
    05-24-16 12:26 AM
    Thanks for the title updates.

I turned off iMessage on my phone and computer before switching onto the Priv. I also tried "de-registering" my number with the Apple site, and it said my number was not registered. Unfortunately, I don't know this other person well enough to experiment with the text messages with them... they would probably think it was weird if I asked them to delete messages, check if they were coming through, etc.

I have already contacted Textra developer, hoping they are responsive.

Thanks for the ideas, everyone!
    05-24-16 01:17 AM
    Did you turn off iMessage on your iPhone and also deregister your number from Apple's server's? Here's the link to do that! It may take 2-3 days to complete. Also, tell the other person to delete your text messages and then start a new conversation w/ you. https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage
    Clearly you did not read the OP where he stated that he is texting flawlessly with the vast majority of this contacts, including those on iMessage. Please reread OP, and perhaps edit your comment.

OP: Do you perhaps have this one person's number saved differently in your contacts? No area code? Or no country code or missing "+", if international text?
    05-24-16 04:30 AM
    OP: Do you perhaps have this one person's number saved differently in your contacts? No area code? Or no country code or missing "+", if international text?
    Good suggestion, but no, I have successfully texted other people whose number is saved in the same format.
    05-24-16 08:52 AM
    Good suggestion, but no, I have successfully texted other people whose number is saved in the same format.
    Color me baffled. Sorry
    05-24-16 08:53 AM
    No problem thanks for trying
    05-24-16 11:20 AM