I was originally disappointed when I found out my new Rogers Priv didn't have wireless charging, so I went and bought one of the Aukey qc2 chargers, was delivered today, have a full charge in about 30-40 minutes, a buddy received a Priv with wireless charging, it sucks, slow as molasses!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-17-15 11:01 PM
    I was originally disappointed when I found out my new Rogers Priv didn't have wireless charging, so I went and bought one of the Aukey qc2 chargers, was delivered today, have a full charge in about 30-40 minutes, a buddy received a Priv with wireless charging, it sucks, slow as molasses!
    Wireless charging is slow, that's mostly well known.

The true draw seems to be convenience.
    11-17-15 11:20 PM
    And the priv with wireless charging has quick charge feature too.
    eallan and FF22 like this.
    11-17-15 11:25 PM
    I've always thought that wireless charging was a bit "gimmicky" but then I had to replace the micro-usb port on my Classic. It's actually a feature I would be very happy to have.
    maddie1128, FF22 and JeepBB like this.
    11-17-15 11:26 PM
    Can someone confirm this, if I buy a phone from Rogers or Bell and I'm not a customer let us say I bought it through a friend. The support for the device will be from BlackBerry or from the carriers? I have a feeling if I buy the PRIV, then God forbid something happened to my phone and it requires service, if I decide to call BlackBerry they are most likely going to say this is carrier model and they will ask me to service it via them. Since I don't have an account with them then I'm simply screwed.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-15 11:34 PM
    Used the quick charger today, very snappy

11-17-15 11:35 PM
    Akamali

You have a year support from BlackBerry no matter, the rest, all of us here at Crack berry will support you!

Mecca EL likes this.
    11-17-15 11:37 PM
    Thanks Op I got my Priv at Rogers too will get this for the wireless charging
    11-17-15 11:40 PM
    This is the one I bought

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B00RJO6...UvbUpU12089406

anon(870071) likes this.
    11-17-15 11:44 PM
    Ok thanks OP
    11-17-15 11:52 PM
    11-17-15 11:52 PM
    Uh I don't use wireless charging for quick charging...

I use it to charge my phone as I sleep so I don't care how fast it charges as long as it's 100% when I'm up.

No wear on USB port and no need to grab any cables
    JeepBB, Camelhmpz and dolco like this.
    11-18-15 12:36 AM
    Wireless charging is one of those things that until you've had it you won't understand why you want it. I bought a wireless charger for my z30 just because I'm a geek and wanted to try it out. After having it, I will not buy another phone without it period.

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB and dolco like this.
    11-18-15 05:04 AM
    My Pre(1,2,3) all charged faster via their wireless touchstone than usb... kinda sad to see technology regress

Posted via CB10
    11-18-15 05:36 AM
    Uh I don't use wireless charging for quick charging...

I use it to charge my phone as I sleep so I don't care how fast it charges as long as it's 100% when I'm up.

No wear on USB port and no need to grab any cables
    Was planning on both. Quick Charge at work, wireless charge on night stand. If only the damn Ikea Qi-enabled nightstands came in black-brown.

Short battery life be damned, I had a Pre 3 with a 1200mAh battery, but it's always topped up via Touchstone. One of the many reasons why I love that phone so much.
    11-18-15 05:40 AM

Huh? They still have a reason to be disappointed. The other North American units get both wireless charging and Quick Charge.

11-18-15 06:43 AM
    Wireless charging is one of those things that until you've had it you won't understand why you want it. I bought a wireless charger for my z30 just because I'm a geek and wanted to try it out. After having it, I will not buy another phone without it period.

Posted via CB10
    If you were a geek, you'd know that wireless charging is inefficient and wastes more energy than wired charging.
    raino likes this.
    11-18-15 06:56 AM
    If you were a geek, you'd know that wireless charging is inefficient and wastes more energy than wired charging.
    I suspect most people that use it know this.

As with just about everything, there is a trade-off, and he seems okay with it.
    11-18-15 07:04 AM
    I ordered mine in UK and just realised that UK models will not have wireless charging. These are not cheap here in UK so I feel cheated and I speak for most of the UK buyers, if they have any sense they should send them back like I am sending mine. About time we consumers put up a fight and don't let these wankers to have the best of us . I am so mad with BB and I have been a supporter for many years.
    AllanQuatermain and Just TM like this.
    11-18-15 09:46 AM
    Wireless charging is slow, that's mostly well known.

The true draw seems to be convenience.
    Its never been quite clear to me what that convenience is? Wireless chargers seem pretty fussy to me about placement and pretty slow to boot - expect for maybe bedside, I've never found a situation where its more convenient than plugging into a QC2 charger?

Once USB-C becomes common and you aren't even playing around with what end to plug in which way up that gets even easier.
    11-18-15 09:52 AM
    So as i understand, Canadian models have quick charging, but no wireless charging capabilities...so how did you folks get wireless charging on your Canadian phones?
    11-18-15 09:54 AM
    This is the one I bought

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B00RJO6...UvbUpU12090238

I ordered 2 of these last night before bed. I currently have a Priv and another one on the way (whenever ShopBlackBerry decides to actually ship it, that is). Thanks for the feedback on the charger!
    11-18-15 10:00 AM
    11-18-15 10:05 AM
    I've always thought that wireless charging was a bit "gimmicky" but then I had to replace the micro-usb port on my Classic. It's actually a feature I would be very happy to have.
    I too had to replace the charging port on my Classic.... good to know I have the wireless option on my Priv!
    11-18-15 10:22 AM
    It's amazing for bedside. I don't need to turn on a light and wake my partner to fiddle with a cable or accessory stand.
    11-18-15 10:23 AM
67 123