I think I already know the answer to this question but thought I would ask anyways like dev options i missed or maybe someone would see this and think that's a great idea.

Is there a way to disable the sleeper magnet that is in the Priv? I never use a case on my device but I do use something called iOmounts iOmounts | Universal Tablet and Smartphone Stands and Mounting Systems . They are magnetic stands and holders for your device or tablet. You stick a small O ring on the back of your device and then you have quick attachment and removal to a stand beside your bed, in your car, and even at the office. This company does a really good job with these and I have invested in them in my car, my desk at work, in the washroom (to watch last nights news in the morning while getting ready)

So the problem i have is that when I use this product with the Priv it turns off the display to show the time because it thinks it's in a case. Any ideas anyone has other then root my device because it is on BES I cannot do that and I will be surprised if it is even rootable. And if BlackBerry is listening, it would be a great option to allow a user to disable the sleeper magnet
    11-13-15 08:14 AM
    So I found a trick/hack if anyone else is having this issue with their Priv and a magnetic mounting system. If you slide open your screen then place it on the mount then close the screen. The magnetic sleeper magnet is ignored. So work around but would rather turn off the sleeper magnet feature.
    11-14-15 03:12 PM
    I'd really like to know about this as well. I have AirDocks in both my cars after using the Nexus 5 previously. The Priv can be held and charged by these, but locks the screen. Needless to say, I can't use GPS in this configuration. This should really be a simple setting change - no?
    11-19-15 11:43 AM
    Did you read my workaround? Just open the screen before placing it on the magnet then close the screen. Again its a hack, I would love to see an option to disable it but until then this hack will have to do.
    11-19-15 12:01 PM
    Did you read my workaround? Just open the screen before placing it on the magnet then close the screen. Again its a hack, I would love to see an option to disable it but until then this hack will have to do.
    I did. Doesn't work for me.

Can't imagine why there wouldn't be a simple option to turn. This off.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-19-15 01:34 PM
    If you place it in the middle of the back it will, if you place it lower it won't and that is where the charging coil is of course. It will be nice if they add an option for it.
    11-19-15 03:51 PM
    I asked for something like this on BlackBerry 10. Never came.
    Best of luck to you android folk, hopefully they can figure it out.
    11-19-15 07:35 PM
    This frustrated me so much on my Q10. I turned off the holster feature, but the phone would still turn off whenever I put it on the magnetic mount on the dashboard of my car unless I attached it right at the perfect spot at the bottom of the device (which usually led to the phone falling off the dashboard mount, which is distracting and dangerous).

I am disappointed to see that the problem still exists with the Priv.
    11-19-15 08:11 PM
    Does anyone know who would be a good person to contact about this? Is there a place we should be sending this concern/ask?
    11-26-15 02:17 PM