Please be honest. Do you really like it? Do you feel it was worth the price? I know its only been a little more than a day but everytime I got a new Blackberry, I knew in the first 5 seconds whether I was in love or not. Is it even close to a Passport? Z30? Q10? (OS aside)

Does it feel cheap or does it feel like Blackberry quality of the past? Is it confusing? Are you happy with your decision?

The reason I ask is that I have read a few reviews and one was biased and the other was below expectations. Just looking for honesty.

Do you think it will keep Blackberry in Business or do you think it will close their doors?

thanks in advance
    11-07-15 08:25 PM
    I think it a well build phone. My daughter is an android user and took her to the AT&T to get a new phone. Showed her the Priv and she was hooked. She said " Did Blackberry really do this" (her words not mine). She has not put the phone down.
    nokia4life, j21jam6 and CarGuy1368 like this.
    11-07-15 08:32 PM
    Do you think it will keep Blackberry in Business or do you think it will close their doors?
    The Priv's success or failure won't cause Blackberry to shut down. They have $3 Billion in cash and they have countless other revenue streams plus 44,000 patents. The company will be fine. They are just trying to find a way to justify staying in the hardware business. The Priv may actually help them do that.
    j21jam6 likes this.
    11-07-15 08:32 PM
    Don't see why anyone wouldn't be honest with the device.
    citystars41 and southlander like this.
    11-07-15 08:34 PM
    I really like it. It is a fantastic piece of hardware. Buy one, you'll agree.

Support BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    mstrblueskys and j21jam6 like this.
    11-07-15 08:41 PM
    I really like mine.
    Bit of a learning curve, but I am finding that to be fun to a small degree.....
    It feels like a quality BlackBerry to me!!
    Actually, I am loving this phone. I really do remember the times I was cursing pretty much all my old BlackBerry phones at some point, probably while trying to synch up music or something�.....

Not anymore......!!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    j21jam6 and DolemiteDONS like this.
    11-07-15 09:06 PM
    The Priv's success or failure won't cause Blackberry to shut down. They have $3 Billion in cash and they have countless other revenue streams plus 44,000 patents. The company will be fine. They are just trying to find a way to justify staying in the hardware business. The Priv may actually help them do that.
    It won't kill BlackBerry if the Priv fails, but will likely be the death of its hardware division.

Posted via CB10
    southlander likes this.
    11-07-15 09:13 PM
    Love it! Big learning curve having never used Android, but doing my homework, and being constantly surprised by what the phone will do. Images on the display are incredible. Not sure if there's anything I'll miss about my Q10 except the keys on the physical keyboard are harder to read, and the touch of the keys isn't as familiar on the Priv, but hopefully that will come with time.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 09:17 PM
    Enjoying mine. I'm really happy with what BlackBerry did with Android.

j21jam6 and Gadget Fann like this.
    I love it.

I love it. It is the best of both worlds for me. Missed a couple of things from BlackBerry after switching to Android.

This device gives me everything I love about both BlackBerry and Android.

j21jam6 and Gadget Fann like this.
    Some things are worse. Some things are better. Some things were never remotely possible on bb10. On balance it think it will make me more productive than the classic thanks to a few killer apps. Like it and going to keep it.

j21jam6 likes this.
    11-07-15 09:20 PM
    I guess I meant no more BlackBerry hardware.

Blackberry Passport Running 10.3.2.2789
    11-07-15 09:23 PM
    Love it. I really do. I have been with BlackBerry since 2003. Except 3 months last all with a iPhone 6 but gave up on because it sucked and went back back to Z30 .
    Best Phone I have had all around (Priv) ever. Best of BlackBerry and Android all in one with amazing hardware.
    Go get it!

posted from my Priv!
    j21jam6 and DolemiteDONS like this.
    11-07-15 09:34 PM
    That's right! I don't understand why people believe the priv will decide their fate which really it's the hardware division that is on the line, exceeding expectations with the priv will result in future hand sets if not well then that will be a different story. They are just fine with software and as you said 3 bil in cash.

Passport/CB10 on Bell
    11-07-15 10:10 PM
    need to get use to but love it
    j21jam6 likes this.
    11-07-15 10:24 PM
    Having had used android a few years back I thought the learning curve would not be that bad, but it's taking hours to adjust and tweak certain settings to my liking. Hardware is gorgeous. I would say their best. Definitely feel likes premium, from the curved screen to the sliding mechanism to the keyboard. A lot of innovation.

Love it. All the android ports I had on my passport run a 1000 times better (obviously) on my Priv: Spotify, instagram, sonos, Netflix, native YouTube, vevo, etc. I can finally cast to my Nexus Player.

It truly is the best of both worlds.. A beast of a phone. Can't keep my hands off my Priv.

Met with friends and went to the movies with the family and everyone definitely noticed my Priv. Love showing it off

I do hope however they improve the hub. Can't add whatsapp and can't do pinch to zoom.

Great battery and finally a really great camera.

All my friends that tend to mock my blackberries were literally speechless as they tried to find something wrong to criticize. The best they could come up with was: it does not come with marshmallow.

Getting it on launch day was hard by the way. Bell stores I visited were sold out. Getting one more for the wife to replace her Z30 - hopefully tomorrow.

Never thought I could actually experience this weird feeling about owning a BlackBerry

DolemiteDONS and j21jam6 like this.
    11-07-15 10:39 PM
    First day, had a few concerns with battery life and sluggishness, all of which went away by today.

I'm absolutely loving this device. There is a certain freedom I have that this phone is not constrained - I can load anything on here and all the Android apps I used to have are really SO MUCH nicer on this phone.

Keyboard with Android and BlackBerry productivity is really awesome!

11-07-15 10:57 PM
    I'm absolutely loving this device. There is a certain freedom I have that this phone is not constrained - I can load anything on here.

Keyboard with Android and BlackBerry productivity is really awesome!

Exactly!! The freedom to be able to do anything was a feeling I was not expecting. I simply didn't know. I had only ever used BB10. No more work arounds, exceptions, excuses. And to have it be a BlackBerry hybrid, it's awesome.
    Adam Frix and j21jam6 like this.
    11-07-15 11:56 PM
    I don't own a Priv YET, but I did see one in the AT&T store today.

I think it will take a bit for me to get used to the keyboard coming from a Q10, but I'm willing to accept the change. The hardware is beautiful and the sliding mechanism is just as satisfying and solid as it was on my Torch 9800!
    Cong Tuan Nguyen likes this.
    11-08-15 12:07 AM
    Love mine, have to get it replaced due to screen issue, but will be getting a new one. Pretty steep learning curve for those coming from BB10, but really enjoying so far.
    11-08-15 12:12 AM
    My daughter and I both love our phones and no regrets on getting them. Price to me is worth it. The build on ours is solid and well balanced. There is a learning curve with it but nothing you won't be able to overcome, just give it some time. If you have a problem, you can always come here for help.
    j21jam6 likes this.
    11-08-15 12:12 AM
    I don't own a Priv YET, but I did see one in the AT&T store today.

I think it will take a bit for me to get used to the keyboard coming from a Q10, but I'm willing to accept the change. The hardware is beautiful and the sliding mechanism is just as satisfying and solid as it was on my Torch 9800!
    I had a Q10 also, and I loved its keyboard. I'm still not used to this one. But as you said, I'm willing to accept the change as well because the gains of everything else is too great. I also trust what others have said that it will take a couple of weeks whenever adapting to a new keyboard. And who knows, even if I don't completely, a successful Priv will probably lead to new pkb phones And because I've only used BB10 it is a steep learning curve for me as well that will take weeks. But it's worth it. And as someone else said so fittingly, it is part of the fun (if you let it be).
    CarGuy1368 likes this.
    11-08-15 12:19 AM
    I saw one in Rogers store today, the hardware looks and feels great. Don't have enough time to check out software in details but it was fluid.

The nearby Bell stores were all out of stock. One told me they had 12 and sold out in the first day, the other had 4 and sold out in hours. They will replenish their stock next Tuesday. This is Calgary Canada BTW.

All reps I talked to were positive about this phone. They are more knowledgeable about Android apparently, and all think this is better than BB10 phones in terms of functionality and the selling speed.

The one phone I played around didn't feel warm in hand. The keyboard feels thinner and smaller than my Passport but I don't think it will be a problem to adapt to it. The virtual keyboard felt a little weird initially, then I just started typing non stop and the auto-correct simply fixed all my typos and reminded me how good the VKB was.

Will wait until all dust settled before picking one up... hopefully the Sim is the same as Passport so I can kept both and swap them up from time to time.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    11-08-15 12:24 AM
    I like this phone
    11-08-15 10:40 AM
119 123 ...