As the title says.. can someone make a render of how he can envision the BlackBerry Slider with a Lollipop OS? From the homescreen to the Hub? Maybe swipe down from top to bring out Hub? Or an app to bring out Hub? Also maybe a Passport with Lollipop OS

Posted via CB10
    06-13-15 01:28 AM
    If it had android it wouldn't have the hub anymore.

Posted via CB10
    Joao Oliveira likes this.
    06-13-15 05:02 AM
    If it had android it wouldn't have the hub anymore.

Posted via CB10
    This right here would be a game changer.

An Android/BlackBerry Hybrid would be the best.

Android OS with the capability of still swiping up and to the right to get into the Hub...

Posted via the BlackBerry Passport. Follow me on Twitter @BlaisKL
    fadi.alsaidi likes this.
    06-13-15 09:57 AM
    This right here would be a game changer.

An Android/BlackBerry Hybrid would be the best.

Android OS with the capability of still swiping up and to the right to get into the Hub...

Posted via the BlackBerry Passport. Follow me on Twitter @BlaisKL
    This is possible with Android. Look at HTC for example, swipe all the way to the lest and you get a newsfeed with Facebook, Insta etc. So a hub shouldn't be out of the question

Posted via CB10
    fadi.alsaidi likes this.
    06-13-15 03:47 PM
    The next version of Android, android M is going to display 'Google Now' alerts when the user swipes left in the home screen. Look at some YouTube videos. But android with the BlackBerry Hub would be the best.

Posted via the amazing 'Red' BlackBerry Passport
    06-13-15 06:57 PM
    Yes it can!
    06-13-15 07:00 PM
    The "launcher" determines this and BB can design a customer launcher to make it look exactly like BB looks now. This is a launcher making Android work like Windows Phone.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...auncher8&hl=en
    06-13-15 07:02 PM
    I thought that "BlackBerry Experience Suite" NOT "BlackBerry Enterprise Server" was going to bring BlackBerry 10 features like HUB cross-platform just like BBM?

Posted via CB10 with my AT&T Classic
    06-13-15 07:11 PM
    I thought that "BlackBerry Experience Suite" NOT "BlackBerry Enterprise Server" was going to bring BlackBerry 10 features like HUB cross-platform just like BBM?

It will to Android and iOS, probably not Windows 10 however because BlackBerry like to be a few steps behind.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 10:53 AM
    The "launcher" determines this and BB can design a customer launcher to make it look exactly like BB looks now. This is a launcher making Android work like Windows Phone.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...auncher8&hl=en

Yep, the launchers even work on BB10. Here's one I have installed just for fun.

Can Somebody make Slider Render with lollipop OS?-img_20150615_003657.png

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 11:38 PM
    As the title says.. can someone make a render of how he can envision the BlackBerry Slider with a Lollipop OS? From the homescreen to the Hub? Maybe swipe down from top to bring out Hub? Or an app to bring out Hub? Also maybe a Passport with Lollipop OS

Posted via CB10
    Here's a fun idea, why can't blackberry make their own android based OS, much like samsungs touchwiz, or HTC Sense.

Many manufactures customise the aosp source code to suit thier needs. Like samsungs multi window and s-pen functionality.

Blackberry could easily port the entire user experience to an android rom. Easily, via a modular approach. In fact I suspect they are looking to do just this. BBM is already on android. The HUB functionality could easily be given the same treatment. They could theme the rom in thier own way.

So to answer your question, there is no need to make you a render of what it might look likee running Android M because the only phone that will be released with a clean android M ui will be the nexus line and maybe the cheaper android one devices.

An android powered blackberry will have a UI that looks unmistakeably like a blackberry

Posted via CB10
    vpblaze and SIR_LIL_SAINT like this.
    06-15-15 09:11 AM

Posted via CB10
    RWB3325 likes this.
    06-15-15 01:41 PM
    Here's a fun idea, why can't blackberry make their own android based OS, much like samsungs touchwiz, or HTC Sense.

Many manufactures customise the aosp source code to suit thier needs. Like samsungs multi window and s-pen functionality.

Blackberry could easily port the entire user experience to an android rom. Easily, via a modular approach. In fact I suspect they are looking to do just this. BBM is already on android. The HUB functionality could easily be given the same treatment. They could theme the rom in thier own way.

So to answer your question, there is no need to make you a render of what it might look likee running Android M because the only phone that will be released with a clean android M ui will be the nexus line and maybe the cheaper android one devices.

An android powered blackberry will have a UI that looks unmistakeably like a blackberry

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry struggle to find the resources to create tiny OS features on an OS they have already built.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-15 03:55 PM

For business and enterprise for a price. Not for the ordinary consumer by the looks of it. Also don't think HUB will run on Android as it does on BB10. That is simply not possible ATM. And may not be possible period. In the end, BB10 rules them all, and that is where BBRY should concentrate on. Android and iOS being very antiquated are trying to catch up to BB10 with dead end platforms.
    06-30-15 09:21 AM

Posted via CB10
    Android is garbage and full of security holes and runs like crap. Why on earth would BBRY bow down to such an awful OS? Stick to New tech, BB10 and continue development and updates. BB10 has limitless expandibility, Android does not.
    06-30-15 09:24 AM
    Android is garbage and full of security holes and runs like crap. Why on earth would BBRY bow down to such an awful OS? Stick to New tech, BB10 and continue development and updates. BB10 has limitless expandibility, Android does not.
    Quite the exaggeration there. If you have to bring down another OS to justify another's superiority, is it really superior or do you just want to believe it is?

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 04:17 PM
    Here it is.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Attached Thumbnails Can Somebody make Slider Render with lollipop OS?-1461.jpg  
    07-06-15 12:14 PM
    Here it is.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    The End

Posted via CB10
    07-06-15 04:07 PM