Can you uninstall Google playstore and Google services on the Priv as you can uninstall the BlackBerry specific apps on the Priv

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 11:10 AM
    Even if one could, what would be the point in buying a Priv and uninstalling those things? Why not just get a Passport, Z30, or a Classic instead and install Snap?

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 11:13 AM
    Even if one could, what would be the point in buying a Priv and uninstalling those things? Why not just get a Passport, Z30, or a Classic instead and install Snap?

Posted via CB10
    Well, those devices are not Priv.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 11:17 AM

Posted via CB10
    Android is supposed to be an open OS so I should be able to add and take away and disable whatever I want to. Maybe I don't want a passport or a z30 or snap maybe I really want a Priv because I like everything about it. Maybe I don't need that many apps. Android is just and OS. Just because you buy and Android phone does not mean you must want or have 100 apps installed. The option is there. I just want to know would I be able to disable these other Google Apps and run my priv with only the blackberry apps enabled

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 11:38 AM
    Preinstalled apps can be removed but some system apps like Google Play can only be disabled, not removed.
    11-14-15 11:40 AM
    I just want to know would I be able to disable these other Google Apps and run my priv with only the blackberry apps enabled...
    FYI...

These very BlackBerry apps will be updated only* via the playstore & that needs a google account.

You could set up a dummy account just for the above.

* other longer, convoluted & silly way is the one being used by non Priv owners to run BlackBerry apps on their androids...

 Q5 / Z30
    11-14-15 12:12 PM
    Android is supposed to be an open OS so I should be able to add and take away and disable whatever I want to. Maybe I don't want a passport or a z30 or snap maybe I really want a Priv because I like everything about it. Maybe I don't need that many apps. Android is just and OS. Just because you buy and Android phone does not mean you must want or have 100 apps installed. The option is there. I just want to know would I be able to disable these other Google Apps and run my priv with only the blackberry apps enabled

Posted via CB10
    Android is "Open Source", doesn't mean you can do whatever you want with it. It's known to be the most customizable OS, but it has been getting tighter in what you can do with in with each update
    11-14-15 12:18 PM
    Preinstalled apps can be removed but some system apps like Google Play can only be disabled, not removed.
    I was playing with a priv yesterday, google maps and hangouts for example can only be disabled as far as I can tell.

Can't be removed or deleted.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-15 11:58 PM
    If you want a really fancy paperweight then go for it
    11-18-15 12:00 AM