1) It look like it is more complicated to switch keyboard languages on Priv than it is on the Passport from watching the video and reading some threads, though it does look like Hebrew is available. On the Passport you just touch the world picture on the bottom of the screen.

2) Can I delete the google search bar on the screen? Actually, can I delete almost ALL the google apps except the store and just use the BlackBerry apps?

3) Can you use custom ringtones for calls AND text for your contact lists like you can on the Passport?

Ok, can't find where to say thanks Lincoln, so I guess I'll just edit the question to say thank you! Love my Passport, but it's been acting a tad weird lately. Thought I should start thinking about a replacement. Thank you so much!
    Last edited by casscowgirl; 03-05-17 at 07:01 PM.
    03-05-17 06:47 PM
    To answer those questions.
    1) yes it is harder but is possible
    2) yes you can delete search bar just like any app
    3) yes you can have custom ringtones.
    Wezard and casscowgirl like this.
    03-05-17 06:50 PM
    1) It look like it is more complicated to switch keyboard languages on Priv than it is on the Passport from watching the video and reading some threads, though it does look like Hebrew is available. On the Passport you just touch the world picture on the bottom of the screen.

2) Can I delete the google search bar on the screen? Actually, can I delete almost ALL the google apps except the store and just use the BlackBerry apps?

3) Can you use custom ringtones for calls AND text for your contact lists like you can
    on the Passport?
    1:
    I haven't used this feature. According to a description in the keyboard settings you can hold the spacebar to switch languages.
    2:
    You can't delete many (all?) Of the pre-installed Google apps. You can disable them though. When disabled they are like they are deleted, except they still take up a bit of space on the device.
    The Google search bar is actually a widget shown on the launcher. It can easily be removed from from the launcher.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-05-17 06:59 PM
    NOW the quick reply shows up! Yeesh, sorry! Thank you!
    03-05-17 07:02 PM
    1) When you are using the virtual keyboard, you can switch to Hebrew as simply as a swipe on the spacebar. Swipe right, and the virtual keyboard is Hebrew, swipe left, and switches back to English.

On the physical keyboard, you can either touch the keyboard icon on the screen (it's not a globe on the Priv.), or you can hold down the spacebar for a second or so, and a "Change Language" window pops up. Select the language you want, and done.

IMO, It is as good or better.

2. Yes.

3. Yes.
    casscowgirl likes this.
    03-06-17 10:53 AM
    You're all right, switching languages IS easy! Adding one wasn't bad either. I deleted or disabled most of the google stuff. But you can NOT have custom notifications for TEXT messages like you can on the Passport. Which is bad for me because there are a couple people that if they text I really do need to know it's them and reply asap. Most others can wait for a few minutes till I can get to it. Actually the Priv seems to be coming up short in a LOT of areas compared to the Passport, but I'm trying to sort them.
    04-21-17 03:23 AM
    Have you tried a different SMS app?
    Wezard likes this.
    04-21-17 05:54 AM
    I believe both Yaata and Textra , SMS apps support custom ring tones for different contacts. Yaata announces incoming texts by senders name into my bluetooth headset. so I don't bother with custom tones.

Can you deposit checks into your bank with the PP? That was one of the biggest reasons I went to BlackDroid, and the Priv.
    FF22 likes this.
    04-21-17 07:18 AM