Anyone else having trouble receiving MMS text messages? I get "Couldn't download, message expired or not available" error. From iPhone to my Priv. Can not send either. Says, "Not sent. Touch to try again".

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my BlackBerry Priv
    11-07-15 12:02 PM
    Anyone?
    11-07-15 01:08 PM
    Your APN/MMSC is wrong for MMS. Check it with whatever your carrier needs.
    11-07-15 01:58 PM
    Your APN/MMSC is wrong for MMS. Check it with whatever your carrier needs.
    Could you elaborate a little more? Where do I find the settings for that? Or do I need to call my carrier?
    11-07-15 02:00 PM
    Could you elaborate a little more? Where do I find the settings for that? Or do I need to call my carrier?
    What carrier are you using?

An is under settings > wireless networks , click on more � cellular networks, access point names.

If you tell us your carrier it'll be easier to tell you what should be there

Posted via BlackBerry Priv
    11-07-15 02:04 PM
    Mine works fine.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-07-15 02:05 PM
    Bell Mobility
    11-07-15 02:05 PM
    This is what I have:
    Attached Thumbnails Can not receive MMS pictures via text message-1446926924772.jpg  
    11-07-15 02:08 PM
    I just tried it and it works as expected. As others have suggested check your carrier settings and your voice/data plan to ensure MMS is included.
    11-07-15 02:12 PM
    Anyone else having trouble receiving MMS text messages? I get "Couldn't download, message expired or not available" error. From iPhone to my Priv. Can not send either. Says, "Not sent. Touch to try again".

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my BlackBerry Priv
    This exact thing happened to me last night. This morning I noticed camera app still was trying to send. I rebooted phone and updated all blackberry apps and all good now. Not sure if any of that is what solved it or was just a glitch.

Posted w/ Priv
    11-07-15 02:13 PM
    If you haven't already, restart your phone. Happened to my S6 a couple times.

11-07-15 02:14 PM
    Can you check what you have in there, just click on it and it should open the details

Posted via BlackBerry Priv
    11-07-15 02:23 PM
    Reboot seems to have worked! Should have tried that before. Thanks guys.
    11-07-15 02:23 PM
    OK I just turned off WiFi on both my wife's iPhone and my Priv and I was able to receive pics from her,weird it don't seem to work on wifi!

Posted via my awesome BlackBerry Priv powered by Android!
    11-07-15 02:27 PM
    Messaging with Android acts up at times when both WiFi and the carrier signal are on. Noticed that on my S6 as well. Maybe an android guy can shed some light here.

11-07-15 02:33 PM
    Messaging with Android acts up at times when both WiFi and the carrier signal are on. Noticed that on my S6 as well. Maybe an android guy can shed some light here.

I haven't had that issue with my Moto X Pure Edition. I never turn off WiFi or mobile data. Both are always on.
    11-07-15 02:44 PM

Yep.

Here's the deal -- your carrier won't take an MMS from other than your phone's internal NAT'd IP address. MMS is actually delivered over what amounts to a bastardized http connection. The reason it won't take one from outside their network ought to be obvious (massive spam potential!)

So what happens here is that when you're on both WiFi and Cell networks MMS is supposed to route over the cell connection even though everything else goes over Wifi. Well, Android is a bit cracked in the head sometimes and gets the connection handles wrong.

When you receive a MMS what actually happens is you get a "trigger" message that's a SMS, but you never see it. The phone's SMS handler gets it and triggers a "pull" against the carrier's MMSC. If that connection attempts to go out over the WiFi link rather than the cell it fails. BTW this gets really fun with certain CDMA carriers as the protocol for them is a bit.... odd. (Sprint-cough-VirginMobile-cough-cough-cough!)

The same thing happens, incidentally, if you engage a VPN on BB10 over Cell. BB10 should be smart enough to route the MMS outside of the VPN (which it certainly can do) but it isn't, and as such all MMS fails while the VPN is up against a cell connection.

I filed a bug report on that roughly two years ago and it remains un-fixed in BB10, incidentally.. :-)
    amkde, 63MM and jgreenholtz like this.
    11-07-15 02:51 PM
    Having a similar problem on AT&T with a carrier phone. I checked the APN settings and they are all correct. The messages show up in the individuals thread who sent it, not the groups, and then when I tap to download the MMS message it either fails or times out. Restarting & turning of WI-FI did not help. Any other suggestions?
    11-07-15 04:04 PM
    Make sure cellular data is on for both devices.

11-07-15 04:21 PM
    Having issues with all mms. Pictures arrive ok, but some messages don't show up. It's pretty finicky. Wonder if I should just start with a brand new SIM card. Rebooted and issue is still there

11-07-15 04:23 PM
    Cellular data is on. Now images will not send in group MMS. Another restart did not help.
    11-07-15 05:40 PM
    Update: installed an app called Textra and now everything is working as long as I use that app as my default SMS app
    11-07-15 06:55 PM
    Go to your phone dialer and type in *#*#4636#*#* that will bring up the testing screen. Scroll down to SMSC and the line next to it will probably be blank. Hit the refresh button next to the blank line and it will fix the problem. It just worked for me and now picture messages are working.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for The Priv
    Mike Pelini and nward2010 like this.
    11-07-15 10:23 PM
    Appears my success was short lived. I can send MMS fine but am receiving them only sporadically. I have tried rebooting, removing the sim card, and manually entering the APN settings. Any other suggestions?
    11-08-15 02:33 PM
    I just shut off enhanced services. We will see if this helps. It seems to correct some issues that other people were having.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for The Priv
    11-08-15 08:19 PM
45 12