Android allows some bloatware to be disabled if the user doesn't plan to use it. Will the Priv allow this too?
    11-06-15 06:09 AM
    Bloat is not native within android. OEMs are the ones that add their take/spin on android as well as the carriers you buy from and add all the bloat. You should have seen the crap that was on my samsung.

Usually a lot of the stuff that's installed can be disabled but not deleted. While I am a big fan of android, this has always been a huge disappointing point for me. Of course that has been the case for all phones and operating systems except apple in recent history

I'm also interested to see if blackberry will allow the deletion of their own apps.
    11-06-15 06:35 AM
    It's not a SAMSUNG so the only "BLOATWARE" would be considered the Blackberry apps that are added. It is the phone manufacturer that adds "BLOATWARE" not the OS lol

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 06:58 AM
    Google also adds bloat. E.g., Google Play Movies, Google Play Books, etc. But those are always disableable.
    11-06-15 07:14 AM
    Google also adds bloat. E.g., Google Play Movies, Google Play Books, etc. But those are always disableable.
    Yep. those are the ones I'm speaking of. As far as I am concerned they are bloat since I don't use them. And I know I can disable them on my LG G4 but I am thinking with BB's "security" does it allow disabling built-in Android apps. I'm not referring to carrier bloat
    11-06-15 10:22 AM
    Yep. those are the ones I'm speaking of. As far as I am concerned they are bloat since I don't use them. And I know I can disable them on my LG G4 but I am thinking with BB's "security" does it allow disabling built-in Android apps. I'm not referring to carrier bloat
    You can still disable pre-loaded apps
    11-06-15 10:26 AM
    Just go into the Settings, choose Apps, choose All and then select the app you want to disable. If it allows you to, you'll see the option to do it and then you'll have a new tab for disabled apps to see which ones are disabled. I usually disable the Google apps I don't use which are quite a few.
    11-06-15 10:30 AM