On Play store a new update for camera: added a torch for take pict.

Posted via Priv
    09-23-16 12:21 PM
    That came up on mine last night. Updated but haven't tried it yet.

"If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong"
    09-23-16 01:44 PM
    Curious to hear how people enjoy that feature. Might be helpful in some situations where the flash is overpowering, like taking pictures of objects close-up in lower lighting conditions. Torch operates at a lower current than the flash.
    09-23-16 03:19 PM
    I got the update and look forward to trying it out.

Posted with my PRIV via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-23-16 03:37 PM
    Curious to hear how people enjoy that feature. Might be helpful in some situations where the flash is overpowering, like taking pictures of objects close-up in lower lighting conditions. Torch operates at a lower current than the flash.
    Now, I am still in the dark as to where the setting is to activate the flashlight with the camera on. Do shine some light on the subject. It is probably hidden in plain sight.

andy957 likes this.
    09-23-16 03:44 PM
    Yes, don't quite get it here neither

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-23-16 04:37 PM
    Nevermind, edited my previous post. Found it under flash menu

Sigewif likes this.
    09-23-16 04:38 PM
    Now, I am still in the dark as to where the setting is to activate the flashlight with the camera on. Do shine some light on the subject. It is probably hidden in plain sight.

Ok, I found it. It was indeed hidden in plain sight: next to the flash icon with the camera flash open. This will be fun to try. Maybe we can post some of our results.

FF22 likes this.
    09-23-16 07:33 PM
    Wow, what a cool addition to the camera . The picture of the flower is taken using the flashlight. I went outside tonight and found one of the mini sunflowers still in bloom. Initial impression: this is a great feature that I didn't know I needed, and will probably consider essential once I have been using it for a while. I got outside and it was very dark. I switched on the flashlight in the camera. I could see what I was going to photograph before taking a picture. Posted here. Then I turned it off to use the regular flash. I could not see the subject because it was so dark. When I took the photo it took longer and also turned out a different hue of yellow. Not as bright. (See the next post)

Attached Thumbnails Camera app update 9/23-37361.jpg  
    Last edited by Sigewif; 09-24-16 at 02:52 AM.
    Ethynil likes this.
    09-24-16 02:34 AM
    This pic is the same flower as above with the regular flash.
    I tried this twice with similar results. Disclaimer: I didn't really "focus" on the focus for these. ;-)
    Attached Thumbnails Camera app update 9/23-37360.jpg  
    09-24-16 02:35 AM
    Would it be possible to have manual settings for the torch to change its intensity in the future?
    09-24-16 02:44 AM
    Would it be possible to have manual settings for the torch to change its intensity in the future?
    You can still swipe to the right to darken the the pic and to the left to make the pic brighter. I just started trying it out tonight and didn't do so much with the settings yet.

09-24-16 03:00 AM
    I want the green focus point ring to be visible at all times regardless of whether I'm using touch focusing or not. This will assist with confirming when focus has been achieved and that I have what I want as the prime focal point. Depending on the circumstances it can be fiddly to use touch screen focusing.

Being able to have the torch on while taking a photograph is a useful addition to have and at times a handy alternative to using the flash. Other than that the update is pretty thin as far as I can see.

HDR mode needs to have wider exposure bracketing. I find shadows are still dark on the BlackBerry camera and show little evidence of being HDR photographs compared to those taken on my full size cameras. Time lapse capability would be some good functionality to throw in and toy around with as would some decent long exposure shutter speeds of several seconds or more being added to manual mode. Manual setting are more often used when taking photographs outside of normal "auto" parameters, so BlackBerry please allow settings outside of normal "auto" parameters. Video frame rates more suitable for those of us living in PAL regions (25, 50 fps) would also be a good addition when it comes to comprehensive specifications.
    09-24-16 05:48 AM
    (...) decent long exposure shutter speeds of several seconds or more being added to manual mode. Manual setting are more often used when taking photographs outside of normal "auto" parameters, so BlackBerry please allow settings outside of normal "auto" parameters. Video frame rates more suitable for those of us living in PAL regions (25, 50 fps) would also be a good addition when it comes to comprehensive specifications.
    I think @smcv said in some topic that the shutter speed is limited by hardware to around 600 ms.

EDIT: Here's the post: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...l#post12585455
    It's actually 657ms or so, but that is not much more than 1/2, so we decided to keep it clean.
    The reason it cannot go any higher is due to hardware limitations on the camera sensor (the line-count register is 16-bits wide)
    09-24-16 06:01 AM
    Guys please post your feedback, it is only fair that to answer with the same courtesy that smvc always had with us..

I have taken a couple of shots in semi-dark conditions

Attached Thumbnails Camera app update 9/23-10715.jpg  
    09-24-16 08:20 AM
    Taken with light on.
    Attached Thumbnails Camera app update 9/23-10715.jpg  
    Last edited by DavideaNY; 09-24-16 at 08:32 AM.
    09-24-16 08:21 AM
    This is with Flash on

Attached Thumbnails Camera app update 9/23-10712.jpg  
    09-24-16 08:23 AM
    Unfortunately the CB app compresses the pictures and reduces the differences, however with Flash (contrary to what I was expecting) the color resulted warmer and obviously the light is stronger and more focused while with light on in this particular shot I got a cooler color and a more uniform distribution of light

Last edited by DavideaNY; 09-24-16 at 06:47 PM.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-24-16 08:37 AM
    I agree! Significant improvement of quality...fine job!
    09-24-16 10:44 AM
    Great feature: torch doesn't "flash" away the foreground details in lower warm light but not too dark situations and preserves the mood.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-24-16 01:04 PM
    Is there any documentation like a user guide from BB on how to use the camera, including these new features? I am sure I'm not taking advantage of all the features.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-24-16 10:57 PM
    Is there any documentation like a user guide from BB on how to use the camera, including these new features? I am sure I'm not taking advantage of all the features.
    Open camera app hit three dots setting choose help and feedback
    09-24-16 11:11 PM
    Welcome addition.

*BlackBerry*Priv  Marshmallow AAG111 on Etisalat 4G Network
    09-24-16 11:22 PM
    Pictures taken at dusk. I will have to do separate posts because they don't always post properly in the same post.
    1. No light or flash

Attached Thumbnails Camera app update 9/23-37375.jpg  
    09-24-16 11:43 PM
    2 this is with the regular flash. This makes the background darker than the next one.

Attached Thumbnails Camera app update 9/23-37376.jpg  
    09-24-16 11:44 PM
32 12