I called today about some of the issues my z30 has had since OS update. I mentioned to the woman who seamed knowledgeable and husband still used BlackBerry for work if she has heard of the new BlackBerry Priv coming soon? She had not heard BlackBerry was building any Android phone but proceeded to look it up online. She seamed quite amazed said she was due for an upgrade soon and might just wait.

My point was she hasn't even heard anything about BlackBerry with an Android phone. Goes back to promoting and BlackBerry stinks at that. Everyone in America should know that BlackBerry is back but looks like it's only us that know.

How is BlackBerry gonna hit the masses if the masses don't know they even exist?

Posted via CB10
    Deanig_12 likes this.
    10-26-15 12:43 PM
    This is the same old thing. Verizon does not support BlackBerry and when the Priv debuts you are lucky if you even see one in the stores. They know nothing about them and never have any information. BB has done nothing to advertise the Priv. We only know because we are HERE.
    00stryder likes this.
    10-26-15 12:57 PM
    I'm getting skeptical of a Verizon launch of the Priv. Maybe we'll see one in first qtr 2016 if Verizon sees demand from its business client base and sells a SE version exclusive to them. Lets hope so. Will keep rocking the Z30 until then.
    baspeed likes this.
    10-26-15 01:10 PM
    I don't care when Verizon officially launches the Priv as long as a CDMA variant of the phone is announced. I have an upgrade available but will purchase outright as long as it is confirmed it will work on VZW.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 01:18 PM
    In all fairness, i am only aware of the Priv because i was following BB and was interested in this company for quite some time now. i had little knowledge of Nexus 6p, or the MotoX or the Blackphone..and i only knew about those because i am shopping for a new phone.
    so if the general public is not aware of the PRIV, is doesn't mean it won't sell well.
    As for Verizon or Rogers employees etc...it all depends really on how much info they get from their companies and how much they are supposed to give out. If the phone is being carried by Verizon, then for sure they will know about it and push to sell it once released.
    10-26-15 01:29 PM
    I'm convinced BlackBerry doesn't want to succeed with phones. If they did they'd MARKET THEM.

Posted via CB10
    baspeed likes this.
    10-26-15 02:33 PM
    Is this possible?

I don't care when Verizon officially launches the Priv as long as a CDMA variant of the phone is announced. I have an upgrade available but will purchase outright as long as it is confirmed it will work on VZW.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 05:23 PM
    From my understanding with new US laws, they can not restrict you from bringing your own device if it works on their network. So why doesn't Blackberry just release the Priv CDMA version for direct buying? Verizon is dragging their arse on anything Blackberry, and I have lost faith in them as a carrier for having the best phones.
    10-26-15 09:11 PM
    I'm convinced BlackBerry doesn't want to succeed with phones. If they did they'd MARKET THEM.
    They're pulling a George Costanza. Doing the opposite of what their instinct tells them...

MO3iusONE likes this.
    10-26-15 09:16 PM
    From another thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...016-a-1044601/

I had an old Email conversation with the director of Ecommerce for BlackBerry from waaaay back at the launch of the Passport. She was very helpful in explaining the fiasco know as the Passport launch. I figured I would try my luck at getting a real answer from her concerning the Priv launch. I basically said that I was interested in buying the STV100-2 and was wondering how I could go about specifying that model # when I ordered from shopBB. And her response was ...

"STV100-2 is the Verizon model of the phone. Verizon won't be launching until early 2016. Hope this helps."

I don't know about you but I take this as confirmation that Verizon is getting it.
    10-26-15 09:34 PM
    I called today about some of the issues my z30 has had since OS update. I mentioned to the woman who seamed knowledgeable and husband still used BlackBerry for work if she has heard of the new BlackBerry Priv coming soon? She had not heard BlackBerry was building any Android phone but proceeded to look it up online. She seamed quite amazed said she was due for an upgrade soon and might just wait.

My point was she hasn't even heard anything about BlackBerry with an Android phone. Goes back to promoting and BlackBerry stinks at that. Everyone in America should know that BlackBerry is back but looks like it's only us that know.

How is BlackBerry gonna hit the masses if the masses don't know they even exist?

Posted via CB10
    One front line employee? Now that's solid data. There are nda's in place for the love of god.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 10:04 PM
    Is this possible?

Posted via CB10
    If the CDMA variant is available it will work on Verizon. I know some say the IMEI is blocked if not registered with VZW but I've seen otherwise in person and via friends.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 10:45 PM
    You missed the point even though I mentioned it twice and now three times in this thread. The point was neither her nor her husband who loves BlackBerry and still uses one have heard anything about a new BlackBerry running Android.

That was my point....hardly anyone knows except us BlackBerry people it's coming. Spread the word.

Word

One front line employee? Now that's solid data. There are nda's in place for the love of god.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    10-27-15 05:56 AM
    Called Verizon Wireless-img_20151030_083251.png
    Called Verizon Wireless-img_20151030_083251_edit.png

Posted via CB10
    10-30-15 07:40 AM