Has anyone figured out how to block specific incoming phone numbers on the Priv? It's supposed to be a basic android marshmallow function. It does not appear to be part of the BlackBerry Priv version of marshmallow.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Priv
    05-20-16 02:46 PM
    Use an app......lol

Posted via CB10
    05-20-16 02:50 PM
    Found out I can add the number as a contact and then choose the "Send Calls to Voicemail" option. Such an inelegant solution. But will do for now....I don't want to use an app for this.
    05-20-16 02:57 PM
    It's been a feature for as long back as KitKat. The exact method is different from each OEM, but it's similar. Typically though, it's accomplished by going into your phone app and looking at your recent calls. Tap on the call that came in and that you want to block. At the top right corner you should see either a "More" or a "3 Dot" icon for options. From there you select "Block", "Add to block list", or "Reject calls" (depending on the Android OEM). It may be different for the Priv, but something similar should work as it's an Android feature.
    05-20-16 03:22 PM
    It's been a feature for as long back as KitKat. The exact method is different from each OEM, but it's similar. Typically though, it's accomplished by going into your phone app and looking at your recent calls. Tap on the call that came in and that you want to block. At the top right corner you should see either a "More" or a "3 Dot" icon for options. From there you select "Block", "Add to block list", or "Reject calls" (depending on the Android OEM). It may be different for the Priv, but something similar should work as it's an Android feature.
    I looked all that up on the internet before posting. Could not find any such option on my Priv running 6.0.1. If you find it, then please share it. Would be greatly appreciated.
    05-20-16 03:27 PM
    I looked all that up on the internet before posting. Could not find any such option on my Priv running 6.0.1. If you find it, then please share it. Would be greatly appreciated.
    I'll reach out to some people I know using the Priv. I couldn't imagine why that feature would be removed. [edit] Unless it's a result of BB devices supposed to be Enterprise devices that shouldn't be able to block calls. But I'd like to think that was a toggle feature that wouldn't apply to consumer purchased devices.
    05-20-16 03:30 PM
    I'll reach out to some people I know using the Priv. I couldn't imagine why that feature would be removed. [edit] Unless it's a result of BB devices supposed to be Enterprise devices that shouldn't be able to block calls. But I'd like to think that was a toggle feature that wouldn't apply to consumer purchased devices.
    Thanks Denver.....I appreciate your help.
    05-20-16 03:33 PM
    I'll admit that often I'm spitballing in this forum. I basically know what stock Android offers. I'm just curious if perhaps BB made their own custom Phone/Dialer app that doesn't have all the same features yet. That's just a shot in the dark though. I could very well be wrong. I'd like to think that if BB had their own Phone app, that it'd be listed with their other custom apps.
    05-20-16 03:42 PM
    This has been discussed in other threads (though not sure where). You have to add the number as a contact and then block the contact.
    05-20-16 03:43 PM
    This has been discussed in other threads (though not sure where). You have to add the number as a contact and then block the contact.
    See post number 3, above.....was seeking a solution other than that one.
    05-20-16 03:48 PM
    I'm curious, why do you not want to use a call block app?
    A good one will not only block the calls you input but also the telemarketers and scamsters, (most of them anyway).
    05-20-16 05:03 PM
    I just use the contacts way. Except I make a single contact named Blocked and just add all numbers I don't want to answer to that contact name.
    FF22 likes this.
    05-20-16 11:25 PM
    I just use the contacts way. Except I make a single contact named Blocked and just add all numbers I don't want to answer to that contact name.
    I started doing that too. Up to three numbers now. Is there a limit to numbers per contact?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Priv
    05-21-16 07:52 AM
    I'm curious, why do you not want to use a call block app?
    A good one will not only block the calls you input but also the telemarketers and scamsters, (most of them anyway).
    I'm new to my Priv and Android, and we know there are no shortage of crap apps out there.

That in mind, can you recommend a call blocker for the Priv that's worth the coin (know "free" apps come with unwanted strings)?
    06-25-16 02:08 PM
    I use drupe dialer

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    jegs2 likes this.
    06-25-16 06:32 PM
    I use drupe dialer
    Looks like a free app. What's the catch?
    06-25-16 06:48 PM
    Set up a contact called Spammer, add numbers to it, set ring tone to silent and/or hit dots and set "all calls to voicemail"

Done.

06-25-16 08:48 PM
    Set up a contact called Spammer, add numbers to it, set ring tone to silent and/or hit dots and set "all calls to voicemail"
    Already did that, but it's a partial solution: Still get spam in my voicemail.

Would rather avoid that.
    06-25-16 09:06 PM
    Reject calls will dump to vm. To do what you want it has to answer and then immediately hang up.

06-25-16 09:12 PM
    Reject calls will dump to vm. To do what you want it has to answer and then immediately hang up.
    Roger that, and I'd imagine there's an app out there for that, though there is no shortage of an abundance of either crap apps, or those that possess hidden fees or a plethora of ads to help them pay their bills.

Thus, I'd prefer a reputable paid app designed to blacklist spam callers.
    06-25-16 09:16 PM
    Found out I can add the number as a contact and then choose the "Send Calls to Voicemail" option. Such an inelegant solution. But will do for now....I don't want to use an app for this.
    I add them to a contact called "Do Not Answer" and send that contact straight to voicemail. I have close to 20 numbers on the contact and haven't reached a limit yet.
    06-25-16 10:34 PM
    I'm new to my Priv and Android, and we know there are no shortage of crap apps out there.

That in mind, can you recommend a call blocker for the Priv that's worth the coin (know "free" apps come with unwanted strings)?
    I'm using Mr Number, haven't tried any others. It only asks for permissions that it actually needs, (started using it pre Marshmallow).
    Can't remember if paid or not, if so, in the .99 to 1.99 range. There are some unobtrusive adds, but only in the app it's self, and only when open.
    A lot of the common telemarketer #'s are already in it, along with descriptions and comments for those numbers. You can add your own description or comment and it go's into the data base. I guess it would be called crowd sourcing.

The only drawback, if you consider it that, is the phone will ring once, most of the time, before being blocked. I kinda like it, cuz I know a call has been blocked, and I can check it at my convenience. This was very comforting at first, before I learned to trust the app.

So thats my recommendation, I'm sure there are other good ones out there. I'd attach a screen shot, but I'm still in bathrobe, drinking coffee and phone is still on charge.

BTW, Play Store lists the permissions that an app asks for, look at those before deciding to try one. If, say, a call block app is going to ask for access to your camera and location - STAY AWAY!
    jegs2 likes this.
    06-26-16 09:56 AM
    Thanks @Wezard

Looks good, and am trying it out.
    06-26-16 02:28 PM
    Reading the thread, using the solutions provided (some of them don't even exist on this Marshmallow)...
    I want a simple way to send a contact to voicemail at all times. How can I do that?
    06-27-16 08:48 AM
    Reading the thread, using the solutions provided (some of them don't even exist on this Marshmallow)...
    I want a simple way to send a contact to voicemail at all times. How can I do that?
    Open the contact, hit the three dots, check the "all calls to voicemail" box.
    06-27-16 08:57 AM
32 12