I have been using Evernote in the past on BB10 (and a Priv now), together with two mac desktops and an iPad. That worked pretty good, but now Evernote has made the decision to ask $4 a month if you use it on more than two devices.
    Luckily, my email provider (fastmail) has built-in notes support. This works great on iPad an mac, but the Blackberry Notes app (on Android) does not seem to work with IMAP notes. Is there a lean&mean IMAP notes app available, or is there a workaround to use Blackberry notes?
    The Blackberry Notes for Android app does make it possible to enter all the IMAP details of my fastmail account, but it gives an error, stating" duplicate account already used for mail".
    jegs2 likes this.
    06-29-16 02:56 AM
    This is really disappointing from Evernote. BlackBerry should develop a cross-platform solution.
    06-29-16 07:44 AM
    I still don't understand why people think they deserve **** for free.
    06-29-16 07:48 AM
    I deleted all my devices from my Evernote account to start fresh, but Evernote integration with Remember in BB10 still seems to be working on my Q10 without counting against the limit.

Posted from my Q10 via CB10
    06-29-16 07:51 AM
    I still don't understand why people think they deserve **** for free.
    I agree with you, but going from 'Free' to $4/month is probably a bit much for most people who are used to the current app economy.

A small annual fee would have been smarter on their part, and for people who are power users of Evernote, the $4 may be acceptable too. We'll see. I have a feeling this fee may go away in a few months/years, just like the WhatsApp fee disappeared.
    jegs2, MehdiQ and Nguyen_Bac like this.
    06-29-16 07:54 AM
    I've moved to OneNote. It works on Windows, Web, Android, and iOS. No BB10 app though. Seamless syncing and it is free.
    john_v, TgeekB and Tsepz_GP like this.
    06-29-16 07:57 AM
    What is Evernote Function ? Why do any of you use it?

Business is still business, gotta make money

No Shade Just Light!!! Z30 10.3.2.2639
    anon(9742832) likes this.
    06-29-16 09:07 AM
    Because it has been free for so long and other note apps are also free?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    daynebca likes this.
    06-29-16 09:13 AM
    I use Evernote but am not a heavy user of it. Maybe this will help. https://blogs.office.com/2016/03/11/...onenote-today/
    lamnguyen2020 and j21jam6 like this.
    06-29-16 09:29 AM
    So essentially, Evernote is just a note app? Like remember app on BlackBerry is the gist I'm getting here.

So is Evernote an app that connects to Email

06-29-16 09:45 AM
    So essentially, Evernote is just a note app? Like remember app on BlackBerry is the gist I'm getting here.

So is Evernote an app that connects to Email

Evernote is cloud-based. Meaning it can sync your notes across devices. You can also access your notes online via a web browser.

06-29-16 09:55 AM
    I use Onenote and it works great for me. I am an author and I use it to store and move projects like books and other items around depending on where I am and what I am using. I paid for it but now it is free but it is still a great program and getting better.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-16 10:12 AM
    Evernote is cloud-based. Meaning it can sync your notes across devices. You can also access your notes online via a web browser.

Copy that, thanks for the information. I've always deleted the app, never had a use for it and didn't know what it was for

06-29-16 10:38 AM
    I've paid for Evernote along with any other app that I benefit from. Evernote is the king of note management, I use it across platforms and across my work group along with Wunderlist all synced together with gsyncit. If you use it, pay for it.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    TCB on Z10 likes this.
    06-29-16 12:05 PM
    There is an app called imapsnote2 on the play store. Though it seems to have a "meh" rating.

As others have recommended, OneNote might be a better solution to replace Evernote instead of imap notes. Or if you don't have an aversion to using Googles services, Google Keep is pretty decent.
    06-29-16 12:40 PM
    I've moved to OneNote. It works on Windows, Web, Android, and iOS. No BB10 app though. Seamless syncing and it is free.
    Agree with this. Bye bye evernote. Hello OneNote.
    Something to help the transition for others.
    https://www.onenote.com/import-evernote-to-onenote
    Matt J, JRF_1986 and TgeekB like this.
    06-29-16 02:11 PM
    I agree with you, but going from 'Free' to $4/month is probably a bit much for most people who are used to the current app economy.

A small annual fee would have been smarter on their part, and for people who are power users of Evernote, the $4 may be acceptable too. We'll see. I have a feeling this fee may go away in a few months/years, just like the WhatsApp fee disappeared.
    Reminds me of how Netflix alienated customers a few years back, when greed got the better of them.
    06-29-16 03:46 PM
    Agree with this. Bye bye evernote. Hello OneNote.
    Something to help the transition for others.
    https://www.onenote.com/import-evernote-to-onenote
    Thanks for the link. Goodbye Evernote. Hello OneNote.
    06-29-16 03:55 PM
    Google keep is where it's at perfect app and you can share
    06-29-16 08:25 PM
    Shouldn't this be in the 3rd party apps forum? It's not Priv-specific.
    06-29-16 08:58 PM
    Reminds me of how Netflix alienated customers a few years back, when greed got the better of them.
    Yup and they alienated even more customers with geoblocking of VPN and DNS services. I said bye to Netflix while ago and hello to Amazon Prime and Kodi Jarvis.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-16 11:25 PM
    I use Evernote but am not a heavy user of it. Maybe this will help. https://blogs.office.com/2016/03/11/...onenote-today/
    Thanks

Posted one-handed via Priv
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    06-30-16 03:30 AM

I agree that the $4/month fee is much for the current app economy but:
    • Evernote is basically a productivity tool. I consider coffee a productivity tool and I pay on average $1 per day ($20/month minimum). I could survive without coffee for 1 day, but if I rely heavily on a note taking app for business, I'd be in a lot of trouble without it;
    • I've tried Evernote and it doesn't suite me, but I can see its strenghts. IMO it's the best cross-platform note taking app on the market - with advanced features so I'm not talking about Google Keep. I've tried OneNote but it didn't work as well on all devices as Evernote did (BB10, Android, OS X in my case). Maybe OneNote picked up the slack since I've tried it, but I don't think I'd switch my workflow after years of using Evernote. At this price, I'd probably loose more money by migrating the data and trying to adapt to the new workflow.
    • I prefer using apps that cost money and not sell my data to 3rd parties than free apps that do.
    06-30-16 05:04 AM
    +1 for Google Keep

Does the job for me, but then I'm not a 'power' user
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    06-30-16 07:08 AM
    I liked Evernote because it was available on all my devices (Android, Windows, BB10 and iOS), and Google Keep wasn't. OneNote seems to be a good option although I haven't tried it yet. Although it doesn't surprise me that they'd want to try and make some money off. I also wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft started to charge, kind of like what they did with OneDrive.
    06-30-16 09:59 AM
71 123