So I am planning to buy a priv coming from Q10. Now from what i heard, priv has bugs, it gets warm to overheat at times and front camera is pathetic
    Other than camera, does the bug issue and overheat issue exist? Need honest review before spending $700 on this phone.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-16 02:08 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-user-1054009/

Link to my opinions on it after a month.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-10-16 02:17 AM
    Hi ! Fahad , I am using the Priv since last 30 days . The device shall ask for the update once the update happens all issues are resolved . I have not experienced any overheating issue . The front camera is only 2 MP and picture quality is average . The rear compensates for the poor front camera . The rear camera picture quality is superb .
    All in all a good device IMHO.
    02-10-16 02:27 AM
    In all honesty save your $700. If you want a blackberry get a Passport or a Z30. If you want Android get a Samsung or a nexus. The priv is just lipstick on a pig.
    02-10-16 02:31 AM
    I have had a Priv since November. I don't use it as a Primary device but I have configured my emails on it (as well, along with my trusty Classic).

Also, to be noted, I am NOT an APP junkie and AVOID installing third party apps as much as I can.

THAT out of the way, the only time my device 'heated' up was during the initial set up. Never since.

Just to point out, the overheating isn't the ONLY bug. The phantom notifications etc are more serious issues (in my view). There are a lot more issues with the device which are rather well documented throughout the forum.

Since you use the Q10, you are likely to be a bit disappointed with the HUB on the PRIV.

The camera is fine (some thing that people tend to forget - this is a PHONE that also has a camera. With the way some people / reviewers react is as if they want a CAMERA which has phone functionality).

All the best.
    02-10-16 02:48 AM
    I have not had many problems with the PRIV.
    The heat was vet bad with the initial setup but has not been much of a problem since.

The hub is not as good as the Q10 and is a bit of a disappointment.
    Never use the front camera so I can't comment on that.
    > have to say though overall I think this is one of the best phones I have had.

02-10-16 03:30 AM
    Go to a forum for any phone and you will see a lot of problems. Don't make your decisions based on the complaints you see on a forum, people with problems are a lot louder than the happy people.

If you want Android and a physical keyboard, this is the only decent option. If you value something else more, let us know and we can more accurately recommend another Android phone.
    dhack21 likes this.
    02-10-16 03:44 AM
    In all honesty save your $700. If you want a blackberry get a Passport or a Z30. If you want Android get a Samsung or a nexus. The priv is just lipstick on a pig.
    Had a z30 for two years, the priv blows it away. Don't give him bad advice

02-10-16 04:32 AM
    Get a Priv, the heating issues are there in the initial setup and if you really push the phone with games, but that is true for most Android phones. No bug issues. Great phone

Holted likes this.
    02-10-16 05:23 AM
    Had a z30 for two years, the priv blows it away. Don't give him bad advice

I don't think it is bad advice what said is true the priv is android phone with some blackberry apps installed what makes it stand out from all the other android phones is the pkb....
    02-10-16 05:55 AM
    I have had the Priv since the device launched and no major issues, I had to send it back because of a software bootloop issue, but not a big deal. No creaking or overheating issues on my device. So far, the more I use it, the better I like the device.
    02-10-16 05:57 AM
    So I am planning to buy a priv coming from Q10. Now from what i heard, priv has bugs, it gets warm to overheat at times and front camera is pathetic
    Other than camera, does the bug issue and overheat issue exist? Need honest review before spending $700 on this phone.

Posted via CB10
    the camera is very good on the priv much better than any other blackberry phone up to date the screen is also very good ,I found the pkb ok but not as good as q10,passport or classic they beat the priv imo...I think you may be best getting the priv and give it a go and see how you get on
    02-10-16 05:58 AM
    Priv has more potential to evolve since blackberry 10 development is all but gone so yes, choosing a z30 instead is bad advice.
    I'm sure blackberry 10 will still be alive for years but so is winxp.

So would you rather use the former or latter?

Posted via my Android Powered Blackberry Priv
    02-10-16 06:07 AM
    Thanks for your feedback. I will like to know that compared to Q10, where does priv keyboard stand? Are the buttons smaller? I do love physical keyboard so if i buy priv, i will be using that.
    Secondly my other option is s6 edge plus. It has more edge functionality with a better camera. It lacks the hub and productivity edge function but i heard that calender, hub and priv launcher can be ported on latest android phones.
    I do want a good camera, apps usage but above all since i used the hub, i need that. Hub is the only reason i am thinking to buy priv or else i would had bought edge plus.
    Lastly here where i am buying priv, there is no option of return back as bb does not officially sell here. I bought a Q10 and 6 months down i had sensor issues forcing me to pay for repairs. So i cant return if priv is damaged.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-16 07:00 AM
    The hub is definitely not as good as bb10. But it is improving with each update. It took me about 5 days to adjust to the keyboard coming from a Q10. The keys are much flatter and do not feel as responsive but are similar size (I prefer the Q10 keyboard for straight typing)
    The capacitive kb is awesome after the Q10 but if you have not used a passport it will take that bit to get used to.

02-10-16 07:27 AM
    buy it try it out for 3 weeks if you dont like it send it back nothing lost, the last thing you want is for your return period to be over and then get stuck with a phone you dont like
    02-11-16 03:25 PM
    I have had the Priv since the device launched and no major issues, I had to send it back because of a software bootloop issue, but not a big deal.

how can this not be a big deal? a simple software update completely crashed your phone. what if it was the only phone that one used for work and what not and this happens then what ? dont know if bb has addressed this issue but ive seen quite a few people deal with this as well any idea how to get out of boot loop ?
    02-11-16 06:11 PM
    I have had the Priv for two weeks and it is very good. I had heat and battery issues but once you learn how to configure the settings you are good to go.

The Hub is not the same as BB10 but it is pretty good. There is a learning curve but there was a learning curve with BB10 as well.

What I do miss is the File Manager and Blend. I have to believe sooner than later they will be available.

Get the Priv and keep an open mind. Change is good!

tx ram likes this.
    02-11-16 06:34 PM
    Bought one had issues, returned it for another worked pretty good for about two weeks then that one started to have random issues.

Priv just has way to many issues and priced way to high.
    its an android phone that blackberry has tried to add BlackBerry features.
    Which creates to much confusion for the operating system because it's android and Google with blackberry trying to override it and make it a blackberry, just doesn't work.

Which I think is the cause of a lot of the software problems
    This is my opinion

Returned it and got an iPhone 6s, it works no issues great consistent battery life. other than email sucks which I think I found an app that has fixed that. And I miss the flick typing on blackberry

Still have my BlackBerry z30 that I play with on WiFi

Posted via CB10
    02-11-16 07:26 PM
    The PRIV works perfectly fine. I've owned mine since day one of launch and it has no problems.

The only problem is people's attitude towards the change to Android and the learning curve they're experiencing. It is almost like people try it, immediately look for differences, then complain that the device is somehow not good as a result of the many differences.

Anybody with an open mind who tries the PRIV seem to really like it.

I'm a hardcore BlackBerry fan and came directly from owning every BlackBerry 10 device to the PRIV and although it is different, it is actually an awesome device.

I am addicted to it and have a tough time putting it down.

Bfalcon1, kidmac13 and Holted like this.
    02-11-16 07:50 PM
    Is Android the reason the PRIV is so awesome to me? Nope, it's BlackBerry that makes it awesome. The hardware is absolutely fantastic and there is literally nothing else that comes close.

It's not even the specs, it's the combination of a few key things. BlackBerry, design, guts, glory, courage to innovate. Only BlackBerry could come out with such a splendid experience.

I don't care that there are higher spec'd Android devices out there, the specs are not what makes the PRIV so special as the best Android device available today.

BlackBerry is the only company I trust to build an Android device worth using.

crackhd999 and tado261 like this.
    02-11-16 07:55 PM
    Yeah. Agreed. The hardware is really awesome, and the I've got no issues wit the software.

Battery gets me through the day easy

02-11-16 07:59 PM
    I do not see any innovation from the vast majority of Android OEMs, then BlackBerry comes along and creates the best Android device ever built, for many many reasons.

david7saad and Bfalcon1 like this.
    02-11-16 08:04 PM
    I love my Priv but the heat issues are very real. You can control it somewhat but it remains a very real issue even then.
    02-11-16 08:28 PM
    Yesterday I was seeing a youtube clip, test and review of priv and the blogger was playing a game which was causing some hang up. Never the less I have decided, hub is what i want. Waiting for one final thing then hopefully will go and buy.
    Can someone post an update review of priv since its updates were released. Michael clewley told me that all these bugs have been fixed. Need to know exactly what was fixed

Posted via CB10
    02-11-16 10:58 PM
87 123 ...