Does anyone have specific good or bad experience with their devices coming from either of the two?

If I buy on Shop.BlackBerry it comes with a free leather flip case and with a USB charging dock.

But I have heard Amazon's customer service is much better than Shop.BB (DigitalRiver) so I want to make sure when I receive my device that I won't have any issues getting a replacement if it doesn't come in perfect condition. Or returning it if I do not like it or have problems.

Thanks, any advice is appreciated.

 BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion 
    01-01-16 11:43 AM
    If it weren't for the freebies from shopblackberry, I would absolutely recommend going with Amazon for speed and ease of return.

However, the bundle makes a tougher decision for sure. If all goes well, then it might be worth risking it.

Posted via CB10
    John Doe99 and Jonneh like this.
    01-01-16 11:50 AM
    Honestly, I've said this in a couple of other spaces, but I had a great experience on Swappa. I got it for $570 shipped with the sync pod, the headphones (original box and all included accessories), a blackberry car charger, a cheap case I don't use, and peace of mind. Another lucky user of Swappa picked one up a few days after my purchase and got just the Priv and a charger for $525. Unbelievable deals.

None of this will help if your focus is warranties/returns, though.
    01-01-16 12:06 PM
    Amazon. Really almost anyone other than DR
    01-01-16 02:39 PM
    Honestly, I've said this in a couple of other spaces, but I had a great experience on Swappa. I got it for $570 shipped with the sync pod, the headphones (original box and all included accessories), a blackberry car charger, a cheap case I don't use, and peace of mind. Another lucky user of Swappa picked one up a few days after my purchase and got just the Priv and a charger for $525. Unbelievable deals.

None of this will help if your focus is warranties/returns, though.
    How is Swappa with returns?

If the item is damaged?

01-01-16 02:40 PM
    How is Swappa with returns?

If the item is damaged?

https://swappa.com/faq/buy/not_as_ad...UvbUpU12184475
    You can read about their policy here.

Depending on the seller of the device, they may not accept returns. It will say that on their listing, however. You can choose not to buy from them, or leave them a comment telling them you are interested in purchasing but can not if they do not accept returns. It takes a click of a button to change their policy of returns.

The reason Swappa is superior over things like ebay and craiglist are because you can not sell a device that is broken/not working, and every listing goes through an ESN/IMEI check by Swappa staff first, and the user selling must upload a photo of the device, screen on, with their unique verification code written by it.

ShopBB and Amazon would have superior returns/warranty situations though. Swappa has a great business going for it, but it's still just a third party selling site like ebay.

TL;DR: "All seller return policies are based on the pre-condition that the device is received as advertised and in accordance with Swappa policies. No seller may deny a return / refund when not as advertised.

So Swappa does not define return policies, except in cases where what is delivered does not match what was advertised."
    01-01-16 02:50 PM
    I bought mine �30 cheaper from Carphone Warehouse and made up the difference buying the dock and case (but my choice of colour) from Amazon and had a few coppers change. I like the option of an easily accessible High Street retailer in case of a problem.
    2 days in and I will still be selling my much loved Passport.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-01-16 03:10 PM
    Does Amazon sell brand new devices? Or are they refurbished ones?

Posted via CB10
    01-16-16 07:45 PM