Ever since BlackBerry decided that it was a good idea to remove the USB MASS Storage mode with the introduction of Marshmallow, I daily have to manually eject the Memorycard (SanDisk 200GB), put it in an adapter, and connect it to my PC for my purposes.

It really bothers me that I get this: "This SanDisk SD Card is corrupted" nonsense on every other occasion.
    Bug: Memorycard(s) gets corrupted after almost each eject (even if safely removed)-.jpgBug: Memorycard(s) gets corrupted after almost each eject (even if safely removed)-b.jpgBug: Memorycard(s) gets corrupted after almost each eject (even if safely removed)-c.jpg

I need to format the card every time for it to work again and lose time copying my back-up to it again.
    Bug: Memorycard(s) gets corrupted after almost each eject (even if safely removed)-1.jpgBug: Memorycard(s) gets corrupted after almost each eject (even if safely removed)-2.jpgBug: Memorycard(s) gets corrupted after almost each eject (even if safely removed)-3.jpgBug: Memorycard(s) gets corrupted after almost each eject (even if safely removed)-4.jpg

- I tested various (new) Memorycards and different brands. Issue remains.
    - It makes no difference if I simply eject the card using the small pin or if I do it the proper "safe" way by ejecting via storage & USB.
    Bug: Memorycard(s) gets corrupted after almost each eject (even if safely removed)-screenshot_20161005-004701.jpg
    -Sometimes I get the "Repair this card" notification on my PC. Sometimes not. Also annoying.
    -Both times, every other time I get this "corrupt" notification after placing back the SD Card into my phone.

Funny thing though is that I believe the software inside the Priv lets it think the SD Card is corrupt (bug), since when I simply put the SD Card in the adapter again: I can see, use, read, copy ALL Files.

This "corrupt card" notification used to be a bit less frequent, but nowadays it's jackpot every other time I place back the card into my phone after ejecting it the "wrong" way or the proper "safe" way via "Settings> Storage & USB".

It's time consuming process.

Not only did I not have to take out my SD Card when I still used my Bold 9900 (USB MASS Storage mode), every time I took out the Memory card and placed it back: BOOM! It worked again without getting a corrupt card notification.

Any ideas?
    10-04-16 06:18 PM
    Are you ejecting it from the PC before you remove it? If not and there is an open file on the card (and the OS can cache file handles !) you can get this.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-04-16 06:26 PM
    Are you ejecting it from the PC before you remove it? If not and there is an open file on the card (and the OS can cache file handles !) you can get this.
    Yes always. Right-click---->eject.
    And that's what bothering me the most. Ejecting the card in the proper "safe" way on both the Phone/PC doesn't make any difference! It's "French roulette" regarding what will happen.

BTW: I also tested it by just pulling out the memory card adapter out of the PC without safely ejecting in the proper way. Both times I almost always get this stupid "corrupt card" notification when putting the card back into the phone.
    10-04-16 06:32 PM
    To get your PRIV to talk to your PC download and install drivers from BlackBerry website and then when you plug in PRIV you have to use the notification to switch the mode from charging to file transfer. Leave the memory card in the phone.
    10-04-16 06:59 PM
    I had the exact same problem when removing my 128gb card and reading in the computer. I had to reinstall 30 plus gb of music data and photos after safely ejecting my card to read in the computer. When installed if the card was mounted all apps would run slow and crash and the camera wouldn't run, It would not even run in safe mode but would run fine as long as the card was not mounted. Each time I had to reformat the card on the computer and the reinstall the data. Reformatting the card on the phone would not work and yes I have the latest EXfat driver on my phone.
    10-04-16 07:26 PM
    Yes always. Right-click---->eject.
    And that's what bothering me the most. Ejecting the card in the proper "safe" way on both the Phone/PC doesn't make any difference! It's "French roulette" regarding what will happen.

BTW: I also tested it by just pulling out the memory card adapter out of the PC without safely ejecting in the proper way. Both times I almost always get this stupid "corrupt card" notification when putting the card back into the phone.
    What sort of card?

I have a Sandisk card in my Priv, eject it fairly frequently to update it on my PC, and have never had the phone garf when I reinsert it.
    10-04-16 08:09 PM
    Yes, what brand of card are you using?

10-04-16 08:27 PM
    I'm having the issue with a Patriot 128Gb class 10 UHS-I. It starts out working fine in the phone but when removed and reinstalled it works terribly in the phone but flawlessly in the computer until reformatted on the computer and all contents put back on. It's a real pain
    pomidor likes this.
    10-04-16 09:48 PM
    I'd Venture a guess that all of you having issues with the SD card has to do with the brand of the card.

FF22 likes this.
    10-05-16 01:48 AM
    To get your PRIV to talk to your PC download and install drivers from BlackBerry website and then when you plug in PRIV you have to use the notification to switch the mode from charging to file transfer. Leave the memory card in the phone.
    My Priv talks to my PC lol. No need for drivers.
    File transfer (MTP) is garbage for dozens and dozens of reasons. For instance, when plugged in to PC, one can't even rename files on the memorycard without permanently freezing everything, creating new folders on memorycard: No; opening and then working on documents and then saving documents on the Memory card: all: no etc. etc. Deleting whole folders often makes the MC "corrupt" again. Organizing the stuff on the MC is a hell if not ejected and connected via a MC adapter. What's the point of a phone with a MC, if MC's aren't user friendly with either the OS or the device. People always tend to confuse MTP with UMS.

I had the exact same problem when removing my 128gb card and reading in the computer. I had to reinstall 30 plus gb of music data and photos after safely ejecting my card to read in the computer. When installed if the card was mounted all apps would run slow and crash and the camera wouldn't run, It would not even run in safe mode but would run fine as long as the card was not mounted. Each time I had to reformat the card on the computer and the reinstall the data. Reformatting the card on the phone would not work and yes I have the latest EXfat driver on my phone.
    You say you "had" the same problem. Are you bypassing ejecting it all together now or do you still encounter issues on a daily base?

What sort of card?

I have a Sandisk card in my Priv, eject it fairly frequently to update it on my PC, and have never had the phone garf when I reinsert it.
    It says in the first sentence of the OP and in all the screen shots. Currently: SanDisk 200GB.

Yes, what brand of card are you using?
    Same answer as here above.
    But like I also mentioned in the OP. It does not make any difference which brand I try. Issues of corrupted MC's remain.

I'd Venture a guess that all of you having issues with the SD card has to do with the brand of the card.

No, it doesn't. Like I said in the OP. Tried various (new) MC's and various brands.

BTW, when I still had Lollipop with BB's USB Mass storage, none of this nonsense occurred.
    What irritates me is that "safely" ejecting the card does not prevent that MC's get corrupted and need reformatting every other time like RaycinSS already mentioned.

I seriously tend to think MC's are just not really compatible with MM and only work best with UMS. Let's hope BB will bring this back when Nougat gets released and if not, that they at least find out why MC's get corrupted so often even when "safely" ejecting the MC.
    10-05-16 11:38 AM
    Fair enough, I haven't had your problems but can understand your frustration.
    10-05-16 12:50 PM
    I had problems with my memory card yesterday, just got an update for bb xfat and it's working again.

10-05-16 01:01 PM
    I just had this occur with my Sandisk card IN THE PHONE (can't implicate the PC here), but I suspect the card is going bad. It won't be the first or last time.... I'm going to reformat it and then run a full block test on it, and I suspect I'll be ordering a new card tomorrow.
    10-05-16 02:13 PM
    I just had this occur with my Sandisk card IN THE PHONE (can't implicate the PC here), but I suspect the card is going bad. It won't be the first or last time.... I'm going to reformat it and then run a full block test on it, and I suspect I'll be ordering a new card tomorrow.
    LOL I told you so, something fishy going on on how the OS handles Memory cards (even though it occurred to you in the phone). It's not your Memory Card. If it will work then, it surely is nothing but coincidence. I tested it using various Memory Cards of various brands. Issue of frequent corrupted MC's remain. I actually currently use 3 x 200 GB SanDisk Memory cards that in rotation (they are not from the same batch). Surely, it would be too much of a coincidence if all 3 were to be faulty cards.

I had problems with my memory card yesterday, just got an update for bb xfat and it's working again.

Yes, I wonder what this update is all about.
    Before updating, I "safely" ejected the MC and copied some new songs and a couple of folders with photos on it and "safely" removed the MC from my PC. I placed the MC back into the phone, and well, it needed formating again LOL.
    I then all of a sudden noticed this new update and well, let's see if it tackles this pesky MC "bug"

Bug: Memorycard(s) gets corrupted after almost each eject (even if safely removed)-screenshot_20161005-230223.jpg
    10-05-16 04:15 PM
    Uh, don't be so sure. I've had a number of these cards go back in various applications -- granted, most are rather more-serious in their use (e.g. in a RaspBerry Pi) but they DO fail, and this one dates back to my Passport.

It'll take a good 4+ hours for me to do a full write test on all the blocks (in my Unix server) which I will do sometime over the next few days. I've never had a problem with the card in my Priv before, and I very much doubt it would have magically shown up now after nearly a year of flawless operation if it was a driver issue.
    10-05-16 06:02 PM