So I own every single blackberry device currently available excluding the z30( passport came out just in time) and I've got to say having never used an android device...it is by far the most unnecessarily complicated OS I have ever seen. Widgets and all this stuff is great! But when I simply want to change my BBM display pictures do I have to go through 10 different steps. Must I constantly remind myself to close all the apps I was in? Must Google become some omnipotent entity invading my life. Must I be connected to everything like some matrix esq digital umbilical cord ?

Now my issues is a combination of device vs OS...I currently dealing with FFC green screens, extremely hot device, a battery that won't last more than 5 hours standby and the list goes on. I'm realizing I have no use for the keyboard at all as the on screen keyboard is way better 10 fold. I'm currently typing this on my classic and it feels like home.

I applaud blackberry for its attempts to get in on the market, but BB10 was and is hands down the most functional OS I have ever seen and used. It is precise in its simplicity and a perfect mesh between function and quality.

This is my rant...Please excuse it as I am feeling a bit dePRIVed ...

Posted via CB10
    11-22-15 08:27 PM
    5 hours standby? It's more like 5 days...also, there are multiple topics about fixing the other issues you mentioned.
    11-22-15 08:38 PM
    How long have you had the device? It has taken more than a week for my Priv to settle down. The battery has improved and it doesn't get nearly as warm as it used to.

Also, Android surely is no BB10, so it will seem more complicated at first. I'm finally finding my way around all the menus and settings, so I'm really starting to appreciate all the customization Android has to offer.
    ce71 and Johnnywrx like this.
    11-22-15 08:42 PM
    OP, how many days are you using the phone? Did you manually update the apps and let it settle for a few days before posting that you are dePRIVed?

"But I say this to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you;" - Matthew 5:44
    11-22-15 08:45 PM
    You have not given any attention to the forums here to help with battery life and everything else. Go look on home screen to help as well.
    Love my Priv. Never hot and all day battery with heavy use.

Posted from my Priv!
    11-22-15 09:56 PM
    It's funny how everyone rants about fixes and give it time. They just don't get it. Bb10 is better. Androids like...this disease. Kinda like herpes. It doesn't kill you but it does make your life more difficult. Medicine can help it for a quick fix but it doesn't compare to just not having caught it. And it's embarrassing as well, you don't go around telling everyone you've caught herpes.

Blackberry was kind of this little hole in the wall restaurant. It had all the right food and drinks you and apparently only a select group of people understood and liked. Sure this restaurant could have its downfalls. For the most part it just always hit the right spot though, almost like the servers and chefs could read your mind. Android is like a chili's. Man you could get a good dish at chili's, you can even eat cheap. And service can be horrible because who cares right? If it is they'll just comp your meal. They have so much money and so many people coming in they don't care about you, not your individual needs. They care about the whole of all the idiots and drones feeding them money for nothing short of mundane food and drinks.

Ugh.....

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    andy957 likes this.
    11-22-15 10:03 PM
    My PRIV is as close to perfect as it could be. Doesn't get hot, always works, I do a lot of things with it and the battery is awesome.

11-22-15 10:10 PM
    I have been user for BlackBerry since OS7 days and I have been using bb10 which was safe haven for me and I was so happy when BlackBerry improved it's BB10. I also was an android user for some time and the reason I left android was the email, contacts, keyboard, calendar, it was all mess. Now I'm using the Priv with BlackBerry addons and I love the phone. Yes, it's not like BB10 and it's different but I got used to it within the first few days specially if you take time to explore and understand how everything works on it. It will make your transition to the Priv much simpler and faster.

Norg likes this.
    11-22-15 10:13 PM
    Decades of research went into everything BlackBerry 10 is, so it would feel like it's reading your mind in many ways, Ha! BlackBerry 10 is a fantastic OS. I'm also impressed with the PRIV as it is WAY better than I thought it could be. Of course it's not BlackBerry 10, nothing is BlackBerry 10, but it's still great. I'm having fun learning how to use it as efficiently as possible. It's pretty exciting actually!

11-22-15 10:14 PM
    Its also very comforting to be able to try something totally new, without having to leave BlackBerry to do it. It's all about BlackBerry for me. I want to always have BlackBerry hardware for my smartphones.

11-22-15 10:17 PM
    OP...I hear ya. You have the right to your opinion and I won't knock it. That said, some posters have a point that there are fixes for some of the issues you bring up. I just don't understand why out of the box this device seems to be very complicated. I can only base this on posts throughout the forums as I haven't switched yet, and may not. If you give it time, good luck. If not, that's your business for sure.
    11-22-15 10:20 PM
    When people had to jump from bb7 to bb10, this occurred too. Just because out if the box it is different doesn't mean the products is bad. If you are uncomfortable with change stay with whatever you have now. All I see here is another thread trying to be clever with the name. Got that off your chest? Great, go to whatever made you happier and move on.
    11-22-15 10:26 PM
    11-22-15 10:51 PM