Hi everyone. I am having an issue with my Priv (it started randomly this morning). I noticed that my down volume button wasn't working this morning (it worked fine up until today). So I tried to restart it in hopes that a reboot would fix the issue. However, when I tried to restart it, the Bootloader menu popped up and when I tried to use the volume up and down buttons like it said today select an option, nothing happens. I had to put the phone in to Safe mode in order to be able to use it. Any help in figuring out what happened and how to fix it? Thanks in advance.
    12-05-16 10:12 AM
    A quick Google search shows that you're not the first person to have this problem:
    https://www.google.ca/webhp?sourceid...loader%20stuck

Here's some suggestions from the BlackBerry site:
    http://helpblog.blackberry.com/2015/...to-reset-priv/
    https://supportforums.blackberry.com...e/td-p/3168985

I'd also check to make sure your volume buttons aren't getting stuck in the down position.
    12-05-16 10:24 AM
    A quick Google search shows that you're not the first person to have this problem:
    https://www.google.ca/webhp?sourceid...loader%20stuck

Here's some suggestions from the BlackBerry site:
    How to reset PRIV by BlackBerry | Inside BlackBerry Help Blog
    https://supportforums.blackberry.com...e/td-p/3168985

I'd also check to make sure your volume buttons aren't getting stuck in the down position.
    Thank you for your response. I have already tried the options to reset above. I also already made sure that the buttons weren't stuck. The only option that I have not tried is backing up everything (that I can access on my phone since it is in safe mode) and wiping and reinstalling Marshmallow. I've only had my Priv since August and this is the first time that I've had an issue like this. I guess once I get home from work I'll try to give BlackBerry Support a call since that is what is suggested in the other links that you listed.
    12-05-16 11:01 AM
    Your Android OS settings and apps from Google Play should have automatically been backed up to Google Drive, so that will help if you have to start again with a clean system. You may also be able to backup some app settings to Google Play.
    12-05-16 11:15 AM
    Your Android OS settings and apps from Google Play should have automatically been backed up to Google Drive, so that will help if you have to start again with a clean system. You may also be able to backup some app settings to Google Play.
    I would open settings in the Google Drive app and look into Manage Backups to see which apps are actually backed up. You would be surprised to see how few are backed up.
    12-05-16 11:34 AM
    Thank you all for responding. I tried to screenshot just to see if the volume button worked at all...it doesn't. It seems as if it's broken. I guess I'll have to go to Verizon to see what they can do to help me. I justice hope that I don't lose everything (this is my first time using an Android device). I have no idea how to backup all of my stuff since there is no device manager (that's the one thing that I do not like about the phone so far).
    12-05-16 11:43 AM
    I would open settings in the Google Drive app and look into Manage Backups to see which apps are actually backed up. You would be surprised to see how few are backed up.
    Most app settings are not backed up, but Google Play has a record of all the apps you installed yourself and that simplifies the process of rebuilding what you had before after a fresh install.
    12-05-16 11:56 AM
    So the replacement Priv arrived last night but I wasn't able to switch over to it because it was late. I now have another issue. I randomly rebooted my phone and now my volume button works fine (or so it seems right now). Should I go through with putting all of my data on the replacement and shipping my phone back to prevent this issue happening again? Thoughts?
    12-07-16 02:57 PM
    At least try out the new phone and play around with it a bit before you decide. If there are no issues with it, then try switching over to it. You can always go back to the old one.

And you want to be sure the volume button problem doesn't come back, which it might do.
    FF22 likes this.
    12-07-16 04:45 PM
    I am a huge blackberry fan and using blackberry since interface was windows and then pearl series. Right now I am using blackberry priv. From the beginning it was working flawlessly. I am running marshmallow 6.0.1.
    1. Firstly about a month ago. I plugged my earphones and it's media sound was stuck on 46% .. I couldn't control it in any case. I couldn't raise up the volume neither turn it down. And I'm still facing it.
    2. Secondly about 2 hours ago I felt like my volume down button was not responding. I thought I was a hardware problem but it is not similarly to the post. I reset my phone and it was stuck on boot menu, where I am recommended to use volume keys to control but still phone isn't responding. I am using it on safe mode.
    Now I'm getting really frustrated about my device. kindly help me out as I only find online support regarding PRIV on this forum.
    ...Peace...
    08-09-17 03:28 PM
    Hey there @Nephthys.
    I'm having exactly the similar problem.
    Really frustrating. I just wanted to ask that if any technical support helped ? Or it is a hardware issue
    08-11-17 09:50 AM
    Hello guys. I'm also inside bootloader menu loop now with my dtek60 after flashing with last available autoloader AAL158.
    Blackberry support dont give any answer. ADB driver dont work. I'm happy with the device, just need alternative autoloader.
    12-14-17 06:16 AM
    I'm having the same problem. did you find a solution
    12-18-18 07:17 AM
    Guys, I FOUND A SOLUTION!

Recently, I had the same problem with my BB priv. Volume down button was everytime pressed. My telephone got looped and entered the bootloader. I had purple LED light. I coudnt do anything. The problem with the buttons started suddenly - there was no reason to work like that. My phone wasnt hurt, did not fall down. I tried everything, believe me. I've been milion times in bootloader mode, safe mode, nothing helped. Strange thing was that buttons were working fine... I mean, when i pressed it i heard and felt "CLICK" sound. Finally i decided to take off the framework. I cleaned the buttons but the problem wasnt solved. My uncle who is repairing telephones told me that my blackberry gotten wet inside (sometimes i was using my phone outside when was raining, snowing). Button volume down was kinda like rusted and that's why it was always pressed. All I had to do is scratch off this. My volume down button is not working because of that but atleast i got my BB priv back! Also, if u dont want to lose your volume down button like me, you can buy this part of blackbeery and install it in service:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Keyb...AbTest=ae803_3

I chose cheapier version of repair lol. But is working. Please copy and paste this post to other topics with the same problem Sorry for my english, is not my primary language. Best wishes from Poland!
    01-28-19 02:09 AM