I have been experiencing battery drain on my Priv from the blutooth so I removed the saved devices and turned it off but it keeps coming back on by itself. What am I missing?

Posted via BlackBerry PRIV
    05-31-16 08:15 AM
    I have been experiencing battery drain on my Priv from the blutooth so I removed the saved devices and turned it off but it keeps coming back on by itself. What am I missing?

1. Maybe you have some apps that have permissions that allow them to turn Bluetooth on/off.
    2. Maybe you have NFC tags? These can be embedded in devices like bluetooth speakers and other things, or just stuck on a surface, or a freebie object you got from a trade show or music festival. These NFC tags can turn Bluetooth on and off.
    FF22 likes this.
    05-31-16 08:40 AM
    1. Maybe you have some apps that have permissions that allow them to turn Bluetooth on/off.
    2. Maybe you have NFC tags? These can be embedded in devices like bluetooth speakers and other things, or just stuck on a surface, or a freebie object you got from a trade show or music festival. These NFC tags can turn Bluetooth on and off.
    Hummmm.

Any popular apps you can think of that would do this?

I thought it must be an app I have that was doing it.

Last edited by koool1; 05-31-16 at 01:44 PM.
    05-31-16 09:10 AM
    Hummmm.

Any popular apps you can think of that would do this?

I thought it must be an app I have that was doing it.

Try settings>apps>permissions you should be able to see what has permissions. Then you can decide what to do about it.

Also, you could try for a few days not to leave NFC turned on, to see if it's being turned on by an app that uses that.
    06-03-16 09:30 AM