I used to leave my Bluetooth on all the time so that it would connect when I jumped into the car. It never caused a problem.

But since Marshmallow I've noticed that Bluetooth is my largest battery consumer. Anyone else notice this?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-31-16 01:42 PM
    Yes. I shut it off. Not sure why it does that but I can't find a solution.

Posted via BlackBerry PRIV
    05-31-16 01:55 PM
    Can't say I've noticed it draining more often than previously, but I still come from a time when leaving stuff on all the time did this exact same thing, so I'm still hardwired to turn stuff off when it's not in use :P But, it wouldn't be surprising, 6.0 brought with it some seriously massive changes to the bluetooth stack in Android, which actually has broken a number of apps, and fixing the problem has proven to be very difficult.
    05-31-16 02:55 PM
    Give the or some to settle

05-31-16 09:30 PM
    You on AAE570? Had the same drain but for the most part gone after AAF057 and AAF153.
    05-31-16 09:51 PM
    I'm on AAF153

06-01-16 04:44 AM
    Just a thought but a third party app might be at play here as some apps will connect themselves to BT and constantly perform searches which can drain the battery. Check the permissions on some of your installed third party apps to see if they have enabled BT..
    06-02-16 10:32 AM
    For those experiencing the issue, how were you able to deduce that Bluetooth is/was the culprit? Simple trial and error or were you able to see it listed somewhere as a high consumer of CPU time or watts? After the most recent MM update (the second push of MM that happened a couple days ago) my phone can't make it 4 hours and is always warm to hot. NOTHING else changed except the update. I just saw this thread and turned off Bluetooth and will report back if that helps. But I'd like to know if there's a 3rd party tool folks are using to get more granular info on CPU and battery use.

Thanks
    06-02-16 02:11 PM
    I just used the check battery level app and Bluetooth was at the top of the list.
    06-05-16 04:22 PM