My priv that's running MM is draining my battery... My phone used to last all day... Now I'm lucky if I get 4-5 hours... Ever since MM upgrade it's been horrible... Updated last night to recent MM update... Still having this problem.... Any help?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-08-16 08:19 PM
    Suggestions from some are to wipe the phone and reload the OS. A pain as you have to backup and then restore a lot of files.
    06-08-16 09:35 PM
    06-08-16 09:38 PM
    No one at BlackBerry is admitting any problem. It's frustrating. I've spent hours on the phone and they tell me they have never seen this before , yet I see it in Forums all the time. Maybe switch phones. Samsung does not seem to have these issues

06-08-16 09:40 PM
    Yup I had enough... I'll let someone else stress about all these issues... Planing on selling device for a Samsung....

06-08-16 09:50 PM
    My phone was wiped and reloaded. Updated to the new software. Battery lasted 3 hours.... kept it on the charger at my desk all day and couldn't get it past 40%. Sim card back in old faithful. My Z30 never let's me down. The PRIV sucks..... if it wasn't for the camera......

Posted via CB10
    06-08-16 09:53 PM
    I had the same problem and remove gas buddy and a few other apps. Also installed and ran CM Lite to clean house now everything this is functioning great. Don't always blame BlackBerry for ****ty apps.

FF22 and JM_forfun like this.
    06-09-16 08:27 PM
    I have the same issue and haven't identified what app is causing it. I only use Bluetooth for connecting to my Garmin fitness tracker so I just turn BT off and on manually.

I have experimented with leaving BT on overnight and it uses about 350mAh or 8-9% of battery by the time I leave for work (that is over an eight hour time span). In comparison, on my Nexus 5, BT has never used enough battery to even show up on the list
    06-10-16 01:56 PM
    Hey 2FunR1 and val_lixembeau.. as sshabbs has asked, do you have GasBuddy installed? If so, uninstall that app and see if that has any affect on your device performance.
    06-10-16 02:58 PM
    It's not Garmin connect. It used to be, but I helped them find and kill that problem.

If you have GasBuddy on the phone remove it. It is known to do this. There are probably others.

You can't blame blackberry for bad apps. I have no drain problems with MM.

06-10-16 08:10 PM
    Today, with about 30 minutes in the car holder on witless charge. This is my typical battery performance on MM.....

Attached Thumbnails Bluetooth draining battery MM-10120.jpg  
    06-10-16 08:11 PM
    Had the same issue too. Battery consumption with MM is much better than before until one day I forgot to turn off bluetooth, took me a while to figure out it's because of bluetooth.
    Now I switch to wired headphones.
    06-11-16 05:11 AM
    Chances are it's not a PRIV issue, but an Android issue. Lots of issues with Bluetooth causing wakelocks on devices with apps that are poorly written.

Give this thread a read:

Bluetooth causing wakelock? | Huawei Nexus 6P

I had the same problem. Battery was flying down fast like a mofo even though I was doing nothing. Battery stats showed Bluetooth as the offender. Took me a while to find it but GasBuddy was the app that was causing the wakelock. Bluetooth is a permission you can't remove from an app and I have no idea why GasBuddy needs it but once i removed it, issue was gone.
    Jerry A likes this.
    06-11-16 07:34 AM
    Gasbuddy doesn't need it; it is trying to USE IT to get data to SELL.
    06-11-16 08:14 AM
    It's not Blackberry, or the Priv, I haven't turned BT off in months.
    Sometimes it shows BT as 1% of battery usage, mostly it doesn't even show.

-- EDIT

Go into Settings - Location - then triple dot menu on top right, turn wifi and bluetooth scanning OFF and see what happens.
    Make sure your BT device(s) are set up properly before doing this..

BTW, I'm on the 2nd Marshmallow version and haven't had problems with BT since phone was released.

-- 2nd Edit
    Did some reading on the link posted 2 posts above and a bit more research.
    Apparently there are boatloads of aps that will cause a wakelock with bluetooth, most of which have no reason to even access bluetooth. Way too many to list here, and most I've never heard of. It's affecting pretty much all the android devices if you happen to download one.
    Unfortunately the permissions setting under Marshmallow don't include anything for Buletooth, quite a major oversight.

So go get your Samsungs, or whatever, but if you install the same apps and all other settings are the same, you'll still have the bluetooth eating up your battery.
    Last edited by Wezard; 06-11-16 at 09:06 AM.
    06-11-16 08:21 AM
    Did some reading on the link posted 2 posts above and a bit more research.
    Apparently there are boatloads of aps that will cause a wakelock with bluetooth, most of which have no reason to even access bluetooth. Way too many to list here, and most I've never heard of. It's affecting pretty much all the android devices if you happen to download one.
    Unfortunately the permissions setting under Marshmallow don't include anything for Buletooth, quite a major oversight.

So go get your Samsungs, or whatever, but if you install the same apps and all other settings are the same, you'll still have the bluetooth eating up your battery.
    Exactly. It's an interesting read for sure... was driving me nuts for days. Frustrating.
    06-11-16 09:25 AM
    Put your phone in safe mode. This will stop any app except the core apps from working. From there you'll know if it is an app or the phone. When mine did this, I found email was sncning 100% of the time and draining the battery.

06-11-16 09:37 AM
    Android is great because of all the apps!

Android is terrible because of all the apps!
    06-11-16 10:08 AM
    Quitter, despite everyone here telling you its not a BB issue, you still wanna quit ? check the forums, Samsung also have their fair share of problems and issues ! remember the grass is not always greener.
    06-12-16 05:02 AM