I would like to use Smart Lock when in the same vicinity as my PC but do not want to use the geolocation feature as I very seldom use the GPS on the phone. I am unable to use smart lock with my WiFi (which wouldbe ideal) so have been able to pair my Priv with my Windows 10 PC. So far so good.
    Unfortuantely I have been unable to find out how to conenct the Priv and PC even though they are "paired" - any advice on how this can be done?

I am using a Broadcom BCM20702 Bluetooth 4.0 USB Device if it makes any difference.

I don't have any experience with NFC devices so if the BT is not an option, is there an NFC "device" that I could obtain to use?

Thanks for any help.
    03-02-16 03:30 PM
    Same problem. I am trying to use my Windows 10 laptop via Bluetooth for a Smart Lock. My Priv and Laptop are paired, but it won't let me use the laptop as a Smart Lock. I hope someone can help.
    05-16-17 10:56 AM
    Same problem. I am trying to use my Windows 10 laptop via Bluetooth for a Smart Lock. My Priv and Laptop are paired, but it won't let me use the laptop as a Smart Lock. I hope someone can help.
    It can't work. Smart Lock requires a Bluetooth device that is constantly connected, such as a BT headset, speakers, AV receiver or car radio, a smartwatch or something like that.

I've tried doing the same. If you start sending a large enough file over BT, your PC will be listed under Smart Lock and you can select it, but once the transfer ends, the connection is no longer active and then you realise that all that effort was in vain.

If it's of any help and you have any interest in smartwatches, I can tell you that it works beautifully with both Samsung Gear S3 and Gear Fit2.
    05-16-17 11:22 AM
    It can't work. Smart Lock requires a Bluetooth device that is constantly connected, such as a BT headset, speakers, AV receiver or car radio, a smartwatch or something like that.
    That prob explains why I've never gotten my Garmin Vivofit to work as "trusted", it only syncs manually.
    05-17-17 05:51 PM
    My Privs are both paired to my cordless phone that has bluetooth. So, when I'm home, they see that cordless phone and remain unlocked (except when removed from a charger in which case I still have to unlock them).
    05-17-17 08:24 PM