I've just uploaded version 1.5 to the alpha channel. Here's the change log:

Basically the biggest change is you can now see your call log, you receive a notification on your desktop when there's an incoming call, and you can end a call from the desktop client

Attachment 419484

After I hear word from a few of my testers I'll be able to make it available for everyone.

Cheers!
    Any change to the desktop client? Maybe I have an outdated link:

ToZ Inc.

It shows 1.4.0 or similar.
    03-15-17 11:27 PM
    The updated version is currently only available to alpha testers - this includes the updated desktop client. After I hear word from a few of my testers I'll be able to make it available for everyone.
    03-16-17 05:13 PM
    This is a great project. I am making the move to DTek60 mid next week from my Z30. I will be watching closely to see where this ends up. Blend will be missed

Posted via CB10
    04-08-17 06:31 AM
    Thanks @billsterjito I appreciate it I just released an update with phone logs and call notifications support. My next release will probably be a minor one (Bug fixes, performance improvements, and replying to messages from Windows 10 notifications).

If you folks know of any Android users who'd be interested in Fuse, please share, I'd appreciate the help in getting the word out!
    04-11-17 07:06 PM
    This is a great project. I am making the move to DTek60 mid next week from my Z30. I will be watching closely to see where this ends up. Blend will be missed

Posted via CB10
    I am staying with BB10 until the compromises are less for me. At this point I have more to lose than to gain BUT I am watching this thread closely.

Behold, my thumbs have spoken.
    04-11-17 07:32 PM
    Watching this too. Eventually, I'll be moving on from my Z10 to Android. BlackBerry or some other brand, I don't know yet.

But, I'll look into this when I do. Hoping for email to be included soon.

Joel
    FF22 likes this.
    04-11-17 08:03 PM
    I'm glad someone is working on a Blend alternative... unfortunately, without BBM it really isn't an alternative for me. But I will pass the word to others that may be able to do without BBM.
    04-28-17 11:46 AM
    Just an update on the current state of Fuse (Yes I'm still working on this, however I've been caught up with work recently)

The next version will have
    - Updated notification Toasts: They will now all invoke the application, have icons, and for Windows 10 allow replying via the toast
    - Minimize to tray functionality
    - Improved name display on incoming call notification
    - Some minor bug fixes + performance improvements

I've taken a look into integrating options for BBM, however at this point the closest I would be able to achieve is to mirror the user interface to the desktop. Unfortunately tighter integration is just not possible unless BlackBerry is willing to expose a developer API.
    00stryder and FF22 like this.
    05-11-17 07:20 PM
    Just an update on the current state of Fuse (Yes I'm still working on this, however I've been caught up with work recently)

The next version will have
    - Updated notification Toasts: They will now all invoke the application, have icons, and for Windows 10 allow replying via the toast

I've taken a look into integrating options for BBM, however at this point the closest I would be able to achieve is to mirror the user interface to the desktop. Unfortunately tighter integration is just not possible unless BlackBerry is willing to expose a developer API.
    Keep up the good work. All the best!
    05-15-17 11:38 PM
    Hi,

Thanks for this program.
    Will try it out with my Keyone.
    05-19-17 06:45 AM
    Thanks for the program. Just downloaded
    05-22-17 04:47 PM
    How well is this working for people who've been using it? I just got my KeyOne yesterday, but my work PC is Windows 7. I do have the option to do an upgrade-in-place on it to Windows10 -- but that's a fairly drastic disruption to my work setup when the absolutely only reason to do is so I could run this one program on it to access my new phone. Opinions?
    06-29-17 01:10 PM
    @neefer I am trying to fix any issues with windows 7 (Although I don't have direct access to it so testing takes time). I'm currently polishing off version 1.5.5 and hoping to release it within a few days.

Have you been having issues trying to use it with your Windows 7 machine?

I'm currently waiting for the KeyOne to become available unlocked in Canada - I plan on buying (and supporting it) 100%
    yvpan1 likes this.
    07-10-17 06:21 PM
    Thanks for the info Bart. No, I've not tried it on Win7 at all. I was under the impression that it was only available for Win10. If it can be installed on Win7, then I'll definitely try it. Should I wait until you release v1.5.5 and try then? Or try it tomorrow when I'm back in the office?
    07-10-17 06:26 PM
    It (theoretically) works on Windows 7, but I don't post it on the website because I don't want to be bombarded by people when / if it doesn't, once I know it works for sure I'll update the website.

Go ahead and try with the current version, if it doesn't work then send an email to [email protected], preferably with the logs from your phone, from C:\ProgramData\ToZ\Fuse, and a description of how it didn't work. That should give me a good idea of where to look.
    07-10-17 09:01 PM
    Well I tried, but hit a roadblock.

I was able to get it installed after Symantec to "allow anyway". But when I tried to run it, it needed a newer version of the .NET framework. So it took me to the Microsoft page to download it -- and I did so -- but whatever it ended up downloading was something that Win7 couldn't even identify, let alone run or install. Phooey. :-/

I'll install it on Win10 at home and at least give it a test drive. Worst case, I can just keep bringing both my KeyOne and Passport to work, tether my Passport to the KeyOne so it downloads my email during the day, and then continue to use Blend on my Win7 work PC. ;-)
    07-11-17 01:36 PM
    AirDroid already does all this and is quite polished. I appreciate the endeavor of the developer. Without Root we are limited but if any of these apps ever get access to the HUB Ill gladly pay for it and use it on the daily.
    07-11-17 01:46 PM
    Would not install for me - just sat there spinning on "waiting for connection" even though I have my IP address in top left corner...
    07-11-17 01:49 PM
    Sounds neat, there is no way I am using a Blend replacement that needs to route everything through Google account, so will wait out.

Posted via CB10
    FlashworksEdm likes this.
    07-11-17 01:51 PM
    @DetritalGeo What did you mean by that? None of your data goes through Google if using Fuse.
    07-14-17 07:51 PM
    @DetritalGeo What did you mean by that? None of your data goes through Google if using Fuse.
    Hey,

I meant that sounds good because all the others I tried (then deleted) required everything to be routed through the Google account.

Posted via CB10 on Cobalt Classic
    07-14-17 07:54 PM
    Hey,

I meant that sounds good because all the others I tried (then deleted) required everything to be routed through the Google account.

Posted via CB10 on Cobalt Classic
    Ah alright! Yes this is a Google-Free solution, I have no need for them at the moment
    07-14-17 09:20 PM
    Well I tried, but hit a roadblock.

I was able to get it installed after Symantec to "allow anyway". But when I tried to run it, it needed a newer version of the .NET framework. So it took me to the Microsoft page to download it -- and I did so -- but whatever it ended up downloading was something that Win7 couldn't even identify, let alone run or install. Phooey. :-/

I'll install it on Win10 at home and at least give it a test drive. Worst case, I can just keep bringing both my KeyOne and Passport to work, tether my Passport to the KeyOne so it downloads my email during the day, and then continue to use Blend on my Win7 work PC. ;-)
    Thanks for reporting this, I just spent some time to ensure the 1.5.5 installer installs the correct version of .NET Framework (4.6.1 at the moment). No need for you to go to any websites
    07-14-17 09:31 PM
    Hello Everyone!

I've just (literally a few seconds ago) pushed out version 1.5.5. As I said earlier, this version brings:
    - Ensured the PC client can only be opened once (otherwise weird things happen)
    - Critical bug fix for CPU usage spiking after disconnecting

Pretty small front-end wise, but I laid out the ground work to bring some cool features for version 1.6!

Cheers
    FF22 likes this.
    07-18-17 07:16 PM
    Hello everyone!

I've just hit the publish button and release version 1.6.0. Now this is a pretty big release for Fuse and brings the following changes:
    - Brand new landing page when you first connect (It may seem familiar to ex-playbook users!)
    - Audio playback controls: You can pause/play/next/forward music that's playing on your device
    - Ability to view device contacts (Email & phone number for now, but I will be expanding this feature as I get feedback)
    - Fuse Service on the device - you no longer need to keep the app open or the phone turned on!
    - Open website on your PC: from your Android device open up the browser > hit share > Open on PC
    - Bug fixes with notifications, performance, random crashes
    - Some extra code that will hopefully make the PC client work on Windows 7
    - Fixed a bug with handling SMS on some devices
    - Probably new bugs that came from me changing so much stuff in the back-end

If you experience any issues or bugs please shoot me an email ([email protected]) and I'll try to have a fix in for version 1.6.5!

Cheers!
    mainely_linux and 00stryder like this.
    08-12-17 12:39 PM
158 1234 ...