hello
    I am looking for some help
    my wife has been saving her contacts to her local device and transferring them from device to device. she is worried about loosing them all if the phone dies.
    we want to know how to transfer them to a gmail. this would not only keep them safe but also let her access them in more ways.
    I am looking for help to specific Priv and have been having trouble finding this.
    thank you
    11-17-16 08:10 AM
    There's actually a much easier solution in contacts to do it in bulk and then get rid of all the old local contacts to prevent duplicates from showing up...

1) Open contacts app
    2) Go into settings --> General settings
    3) Tap Copy Contacts button
    4) Select the account you wish to copy FROM and where you wish to copy them TO - also note the checkbox in the top section (from account) which would allow you to delete everything from the originating FROM account.

Should be much simpler...handles it in bulk AND cleans up all the old ones to prevent duplicates
    Easiest way I'm seeing is to go into the contact app and tap on the contact, then the extended menu (three dots upper right corner) and tap "Copy Contact". It will then give you the option of which Gmail account to sync with. Once you have them copied over then just set future contacts to sync with that Google account. See my screen shots below.

FF22 likes this.
    11-17-16 08:20 AM
    Left off one screen shot

11-17-16 08:20 AM
    Depending on how many contacts are saved to the phone, it may take some time but it will be worth it to have them all synced to the cloud. Then if your wife ever has to get a new device she can sign in with her Google account and everything will sync to the device.

I've done it this way for years, swapped through dozens of phones and it always works great.
    11-17-16 08:24 AM
    that's is a big help! thank you for your time!
    john_v and FF22 like this.
    11-17-16 08:34 AM
    You're welcome! Glad to be able to help
    Uzi likes this.
    11-17-16 08:36 AM
    I just export my contacts to the SD card. Once there I just move the file to whichever cloud I want. You can export all the contacts at once. No need to move them individually.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-17-16 10:03 AM
    That's a great idea as well
    misterabrasive likes this.
    11-17-16 10:05 AM
    Anyone have a similar solution for calendar items saved locally? I'd hate to lose all my calendar data that came over from BlackBerry Content Transfer.
    11-17-16 01:12 PM
    There's actually a much easier solution in contacts to do it in bulk and then get rid of all the old local contacts to prevent duplicates from showing up...

1) Open contacts app
    4) Select the account you wish to copy FROM and where you wish to copy them TO - also note the checkbox in the top section (from account) which would allow you to delete everything from the originating FROM account.

Should be much simpler...handles it in bulk AND cleans up all the old ones to prevent duplicates
    11-17-16 03:13 PM

1) Open contacts app

You nailed it! I was looking for that bulk action but didn't see it...it is kind of buried down in settings. Thank you so much for adding that!
    11-17-16 03:16 PM

1) Open contacts app

The only issue I have with this is that neither of the two options in the copy to field are where I want them to go.
    11-17-16 06:09 PM
    When I get into general settings, I don't have the "Copy Contacts" button. Any clue why that is? I only have 3 options "Sort by" "Name format" and "Contact group view"
    08-23-17 09:14 PM