First time this happened. I was not emailing or anything.

Any idea why this happened and how to fix?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Attached Thumbnails blackberry services battery consumption-195965.jpg  
    03-01-16 03:59 AM
    What in the world is happening!!!!

Attached Thumbnails blackberry services battery consumption-197801.jpg  
    03-01-16 12:03 PM
    So my entire monthly data allowance is gone in a matter of hours.

I have not been sending anymails out either.

Attached Thumbnails blackberry services battery consumption-197804.jpg  
    03-01-16 02:58 PM
    I fixed this by disabling blackberry services, uninstall to factory version which resets the hub, notes and tasks then enabling and updating it again.

I must say my battery is much better now. It must have been a sync problem with one of the accounts.

If anyone has problems with blackberry services misbehaving I recommend this.

03-02-16 05:03 PM
    Crap...was hoping you could have taken logs. That is really quite bizarre. There's a lot more in BlackBerry Services than just email stuff, so could have been a number of things running away
    03-02-16 05:47 PM
    Tapping on restrict background data could of helped a bit on the data usage no? Also do you have auto update on? It can update itself on or off wifi depending on the setting on google play

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2876
    03-02-16 06:42 PM
    How does one create a log (in case something like this happens to me)?

03-02-16 08:09 PM
    How does one create a log (in case something like this happens to me)?

Here you go

1)*First go into system settings -- About Phone and tap the �Build Number� field a bunch of times. This will enable developer mode.

2)*Go back to the main settings menu and you should see �Developer options� above about phone item � tap this.

3) There should be a toggle in there for �Bug report shortcut� � please turn this on. You may need to restart your device for this to take effect. You may also need to turn on USB Debugging.

Reproduce the issue(s) you are seeing � immediately after reproducing the issue, proceed with the below.

1)*Hold Power button

2)*Choose create bug report (The lights will flash)

3)*Once the bug report is created, a notification shows in the shade

4)*They click on that, and choose how you want to share - typically best if you upload to Google Drive, or some other cloud provider to save it, and then share the .txt output back to me via PM
    mithrazor likes this.
    03-02-16 08:17 PM
    Here you go

1)*First go into system settings -- About Phone and tap the �Build Number� field a bunch of times. This will enable developer mode.

2)*Go back to the main settings menu and you should see �Developer options� above about phone item � tap this.

3) There should be a toggle in there for �Bug report shortcut� � please turn this on. You may need to restart your device for this to take effect. You may also need to turn on USB Debugging.

Reproduce the issue(s) you are seeing � immediately after reproducing the issue, proceed with the below.

1)*Hold Power button

2)*Choose create bug report (The lights will flash)

3)*Once the bug report is created, a notification shows in the shade

4)*They click on that, and choose how you want to share - typically best if you upload to Google Drive, or some other cloud provider to save it, and then share the .txt output back to me via PM
    I could and most definitely would help you if you replied sooner! I had to do something quick because blackberry services was constantly downloading something and used up to 3 gigs of my data!

I would have gladly helped. Is there a way I could still do it?

This is what I see now:

Attached Thumbnails blackberry services battery consumption-197928.jpg  
    03-03-16 07:57 AM
    Probably not at this point, but I've discussed this with the team and I think we might have found something that could cause something similar. We'll have a fix in the next release so that if something fails silently in the background we don't continually retry repeatedly without capping it.
    03-03-16 12:17 PM
    Probably not at this point, but I've discussed this with the team and I think we might have found something that could cause something similar. We'll have a fix in the next release so that if something fails silently in the background we don't continually retry repeatedly without capping it.
    Are you able to hint when a new update will be coming out?

03-03-16 12:49 PM
    Are you able to hint when a new update will be coming out?

As much as I'd love to, I really can't comment on timelines. Sorry
    03-03-16 01:19 PM
    As much as I'd love to, I really can't comment on timelines. Sorry
    Since we have your attention, im sure im not the only one interested in the hub being accessible by swiping left from the home screen just like in bb10.

Im sure this is possible because samsung did it (flipboard) with touchwiz and google did it (google now) with their launcher.

Can your team take this into consideration?

03-03-16 10:27 PM
    Last update did something to BlackBerry services, glad to see its going to be addressed. It's killing my battery and using a lot of data.

03-03-16 10:44 PM
    Anyone having issue with DTEK eating up the battery?
    jonbo44 likes this.
    03-03-16 11:11 PM
    Last update did something to BlackBerry services, glad to see its going to be addressed. It's killing my battery and using a lot of data.

If it's still happening now can you send a picture of your data usage?
    03-04-16 07:28 AM
    Since we have your attention, im sure im not the only one interested in the hub being accessible by swiping left from the home screen just like in bb10.

Im sure this is possible because samsung did it (flipboard) with touchwiz and google did it (google now) with their launcher.

Can your team take this into consideration?

It's definitely something we are discussing but there are a lot of challenges we have to work through first.
    aha, fanisk and The Big Picture like this.
    03-04-16 07:29 AM
    It's definitely something we are discussing but there are a lot of challenges we have to work through first.
    Hey Bryant, your presence here is definitely a positive factor for me to consider Priv. This shortens the feedback loop significant and combines with the Agile methodology you guys are using (this is an assumption but I am pretty sure I am right), I am pretty sure (again) you guys are seen great progress in the your product line. Great job!

But, did the executive team notice the benefits of this model and are they considering to push this model to other teams in BlackBerry? If not, I think you may consider to do some case study and bring this up in your performance review or over a beer with some influencer in BlackBerry ... this can be potentially a great opportunity for your career and for BlackBerry too.

BTW, is the Marshmallow porting team doing well?

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    03-04-16 07:51 AM
    We have so many questions for you lol. But I wanted to take a moment to thank you and your team. You guys are doing a really great job with the PRIV !!

fanisk likes this.
    03-04-16 08:30 AM
    If it's still happening now can you send a picture of your data usage?

Attachment 393203

Attached Thumbnails blackberry services battery consumption-6172.jpg  
    03-04-16 03:41 PM
    Here's mine
    blackberry services battery consumption-52912.jpg

Posted via Priv
    03-04-16 04:35 PM
    Lobwedgephil, did you see my original post? Id call mine a problem.

Used over 3 gigs of data.

Yours seems normal to me.

03-05-16 07:21 AM