A relative of mine recently had their iPad stolen from work and was thankful that his Priv wasn't stolen due to the information he has on there.

I told him to try tracking his iPad via Apples find my phone feature but he didn't have a clue what I meant.

I showed him BlackBerry Protect on BlackBerry 10 and he was amazed but I don't know if it's available for BlackBerry Android devices?

Any thoughts? Thanks

Posted via CB10
    06-26-17 04:44 PM
    Hello yes the PRIV under Google account, security is Android Device Manager that locates device. Like BlackBerry Protect you must have location GPS on. Works great.
    Tell your friend look up on Google Re Android Device Manager to get all information.
    Good luck
    06-26-17 05:03 PM
    A relative of mine recently had their iPad stolen from work and was thankful that his Priv wasn't stolen due to the information he has on there.

I told him to try tracking his iPad via Apples find my phone feature but he didn't have a clue what I meant.

I showed him BlackBerry Protect on BlackBerry 10 and he was amazed but I don't know if it's available for BlackBerry Android devices?

Any thoughts? Thanks

Posted via CB10
    There is a "find phone feature" but it requires that Google know your location at all times, I **THINK** and I won't provide that Permission. I don't want Google knowing where I am at any moment. So, while I keep location on for my own purposes (geo tagging photos, local weather forecast and similar), I don't share it with Google.
    06-26-17 05:09 PM
    There is a "find phone feature" but it requires that Google know your location at all times, I **THINK** and I won't provide that Permission. I don't want Google knowing where I am at any moment. So, while I keep location on for my own purposes (geo tagging photos, local weather forecast and similar), I don't share it with Google.
    How are you going to locate a device if you don't have location turned ON? Defeats the whole purpose of locating.
    Told OP it's called Android Device Manger and works actually better than BlackBerry Protect as Google has wider location services. Very similar to locate my iphone / iPad but need location services on.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    06-26-17 05:15 PM