My BlackBerry PRIV will not wake up.

The screen is not responding to the double tap, nor will the power button work no matter how long I hold it.

However, i can make and receive calls from the dash board of my car.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you in advance!
    05-18-17 07:13 AM
    So you know the phone is on, just the screen is not lighting up at all. Even when you do a hard reboot?

Sounds like a problem with the screen... Is it under warranty? If so return it. If not, could look at the cable connection - look for PRIV Screen replacement videos, and try disconnecting and reconnection.
    FF22 likes this.
    05-18-17 08:10 AM
    My BlackBerry PRIV will not wake up.

The screen is not responding to the double tap, nor will the power button work no matter how long I hold it.

However, i can make and receive calls from the dash board of my car.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you in advance!
    See if you can get to Fast Boot

if your phone is comppletely dead .. hold on the power and vol down button for 2 min or less. it will boot in and give u 4 options.. select second one which is boot into fast boot .. then after selecting 2nd option presss power button to ok it .. it will still take you to same screen. now select 1st option. and voila ..your phone will be up and running..

Good luck.
    05-18-17 09:29 AM
    I had this problem last night. Couldn't figure it out at first. I did a reboot, no good. I checked to see if double tap to wake was on; it was.

I did a search and saw that others back in 2015 also had the issue. So I turned off double tap. I cleaned my screen and then rebooted the phone. At first it didn't want to reboot, but then it finally did.

After reboot, I went into settings and turned on double tap. Tried to double tap to wake. It didn't work. Rebooted and tried double tap and it did work. Now it is back to behaving normally. That first double tap to wake that worked was stronger than I normally used. Now it is back to an easy doubletap to wake.
    05-19-17 12:22 PM
    This has been happening to me since the last update. I have to hold the power button for 20-30 seconds to get it to reboot / power on, I'm not quite sure which. I did try to call myself when it was in this state but the handset never rang and the call went to VM. It happens multiple times a day so I'm checking it all the time, plus with the off times and minimal use I'm down to 20% battery and draining rapidly.
    05-19-17 01:14 PM
    Same thing happened to me recently. I did not do what you did to resolve it. What I thought was the problem resolved the issue. Memory was low so I removed pictures/video/programs I no longer needed to increase storage on the device. Once I did this it solved the problem. I did a reboot after completion and all was fine.
    05-19-17 05:20 PM
    I would move all MEDIA to your SD card and also any apps that allow it. PRIV will run better!
    newcollector likes this.
    05-19-17 05:40 PM
    I have over 6GB free so I don't think it's that. I have noticed it will not fall into this state if the phone is plugged in. Only if it's on battery.
    05-20-17 01:05 PM