Hi there,

I have recently bought a newer phone so no longer needed my Blackberry Priv and decided to sell it. I went into settings and factory reset the phone. When it booted up again, the phone had a password pattern on it which I had not set. After a bit of online research I found that after 10 wrong attempts at the pattern that the phone would reset itself, but I am currently at attempt 40.

The message reads:
    "You have incorrectly attempted to unlock the phone 40 times. This phone will be reset, which will delete all its data."

But nothing happens. It just lets me incorrectly enter the pattern again, with the number going up each time.

So a bit more research and I found this webpage.
    https://m.crackberry.com/how-to-reload-the-os-on-your-blackberry-priv?_ga=2.115923141.255559833.1498489844-1873322684.1498489844

On the webpage it says to install the drivers on my mac, which I have, and to reboot the phone into fastboot.

I then turned off the phone and restarted using the volume down and power buttons. When it loads up i get the blackberry and Android logo with 4 options

Blackberry BootLoader Menu
    Use Vol Up/Down or Power Key to select

1 - Barcodes
    2 - Continue the bootup
    3 - Reboot into fastboot
    4 - Turn off the Device

Barcodes shows me the BSN, IMEI and Product numbers. Continue the bootup takes me to the pattern unlock. Reboot to Fastboot restarts to this same menu and
    Turn off the device turns it off.

I am just a bit lost at what to do now. I bought it second hand from CEX and have had the phone a year and had no problems at all until this.

Any help will be appreciated as I have already sold the phone on eBay so needs to be posted ASAP.

Thanks,
    Max
    06-26-17 11:32 AM
    Hi there,

I have recently bought a newer phone so no longer needed my Blackberry Priv and decided to sell it. I went into settings and factory reset the phone. When it booted up again, the phone had a password pattern on it which I had not set. After a bit of online research I found that after 10 wrong attempts at the pattern that the phone would reset itself, but I am currently at attempt 40.

The message reads:
    "You have incorrectly attempted to unlock the phone 40 times. This phone will be reset, which will delete all its data."

But nothing happens. It just lets me incorrectly enter the pattern again, with the number going up each time.

So a bit more research and I found this webpage.
    https://m.crackberry.com/how-to-relo...684.1498489844

On the webpage it says to install the drivers on my mac, which I have, and to reboot the phone into fastboot.

I then turned off the phone and restarted using the volume down and power buttons. When it loads up i get the blackberry and Android logo with 4 options

Blackberry BootLoader Menu
    Use Vol Up/Down or Power Key to select

1 - Barcodes
    2 - Continue the bootup
    3 - Reboot into fastboot
    4 - Turn off the Device

Barcodes shows me the BSN, IMEI and Product numbers. Continue the bootup takes me to the pattern unlock. Reboot to Fastboot restarts to this same menu and
    Turn off the device turns it off.

I am just a bit lost at what to do now. I bought it second hand from CEX and have had the phone a year and had no problems at all until this.

Any help will be appreciated as I have already sold the phone on eBay so needs to be posted ASAP.

Thanks,
    Max
    I have not done it on a Mac but the menu is confusing. When you see that Menu, fire up the Autoloader (Windows, not sure it works on Mac). And then it should take over. Although it might ask for Password.
    06-26-17 02:21 PM