Hi all!

I tried to set up different colours for my email accounts,bbm,whatsapp and after testing them, I get no colour notifications... is there a problem with this option?

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    07-30-16 12:42 PM
    You mean LED colors? I have a few different colors. What OS are you using? MM or LL?
    07-30-16 01:29 PM
    I can do it with lollipop through the various apps

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    07-30-16 01:37 PM
    Settings > accounts >BlackBerry Hub Account

At the bottom, you will see Account Settings.

Tap on that. Scroll. Enable pulse light notification.
    Below that, you can choose the colour of the led.

That will be for emails.

Similarly, you can set led colours for BBM, whatsapp etc.

There is NO NEED for an APP to do this. Seriously!!!
    07-31-16 12:44 AM
    I'm using MM and I did it through the hub, still doesn't seem work!! Real strange!!!

Posted via CB10
    07-31-16 05:27 AM
    The account colors in Hub aren't related to LED notification settings for all the apps.
    07-31-16 01:03 PM
    The account colors in Hub aren't related to LED notification settings for all the apps.
    True, but you can adjust LED notification color from the Hub settings page (for email accounts).

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android from my Verizon BlackBerry Priv
    07-31-16 03:41 PM
    I don't see a way to distinguish between bbm correspondents.
    07-31-16 06:40 PM
    I'm using MM and I did it through the hub, still doesn't seem work!! Real strange!!!

Posted via CB10
    Not the account colour, but the NOTIFICATION section. For emails, set it via the hub.

And for the apps, the individual apps have a setting for the led colour.

Let me try and put the screenshots.

(*feels stupid having to put screenshots for this)

UPDATE 1 - Just Tried to post screenshots, but apparently I have to wait for a moderator to approve before it will be visible.

UPDATE 2 - Well, it seems I can edit and put it here.

This is for BBM.

Open BBM. Go to Settings. Go to Notifications. Set your LED colour for BBM

BlackBerry Priv Notification Colours-screenshot_20160801-104921.jpg

This is for emails, via the hub, as pointed out earlier:

Attachment 405266

And this is for Whatsapp

BlackBerry Priv Notification Colours-screenshot_20160801-104938.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails BlackBerry Priv Notification Colours-screenshot_20160801-104901.jpg  
    Last edited by L o r d R a j; 08-02-16 at 12:02 AM.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-01-16 02:48 AM
    See - No App needed!
    08-01-16 03:10 AM
    There is problem to set led colour for SMS. It takes default blue but no option in MM build.
    08-01-16 05:45 AM
    See - No App needed!
    A very well done tutorial on setting LED colors.

I think a main point of confusion is that there are different ways to set the colors depending on the app or hub or whatever. For instance, I generally forget that there is a separate BBM app and so generally look around the HUB itself to make changes or I might wander over to Main Settings and check Notifications in there. So thanks for pointing out this info.
    08-01-16 09:41 AM
    There is problem to set led colour for SMS. It takes default blue but no option in MM build.
    Use a different sms app that supports led changes. On android, notifications are done by the apps themselves, not by the OS

Posted via a Priv on an 6.0 Mushroom
    08-01-16 11:30 AM
    A very well done tutorial on setting LED colors.

I think a main point of confusion is that there are different ways to set the colors depending on the app or hub or whatever. For instance, I generally forget that there is a separate BBM app and so generally look around the HUB itself to make changes or I might wander over to Main Settings and check Notifications in there. So thanks for pointing out this info.
    Happy to help, mate. No issues.

About the 'confusion' bit - Every god damn thing about the bleeding Android OS is a freaking confusion!

Ridiculous WORK AROUNDS for stuff that shouldn't NEED a work around.

Round about ways to accomplish the most SIMPLE tasks.

Absolutely horrible and childish design (material design) with no attention to practical usability (at least for those few of us who actually need to use the phone for COMMUNICATION purposes and not just browse through videos/photos and Social Media). Case in point - The freaking SEND button for the emails is on the TOP of the bloody screen. I get it that they don't want a user to ACCIDENTALLY 'send' a half typed email.... but AT LEAST give the option for the rest of us to have the SEND button somewhere closer to the keyboard area!?

And a super loyal fanbase that keeps harping on about INSTALL AN APP and not even bothering to understand that there shouldn't be a need to install a freaking app to expect the phone to do WHAT IT IS SUPPOSED TO DO ANYWAY!

For a highly CUSTOMISABLE OS, the lack of options provided is absolutely tragic. And for every god damn thing, you are expected to download a third party app and after a few months, no one gives a crap about who developed the app and WHY the FOOK does every app need access to your contact list and location... Doesn't matter if the requesting app is TrueCaller OR a freaking TORCH LIGHT.

Sorry.... just... Missing the BB Classic.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-02-16 12:00 AM
    Happy to help, mate. No issues.

About the 'confusion' bit - Every god damn thing about the bleeding Android OS is a freaking confusion!

Ridiculous WORK AROUNDS for stuff that shouldn't NEED a work around.

Round about ways to accomplish the most SIMPLE tasks.

Absolutely horrible and childish design (material design) with no attention to practical usability (at least for those few of us who actually need to use the phone for COMMUNICATION purposes and not just browse through videos/photos and Social Media). Case in point - The freaking SEND button for the emails is on the TOP of the bloody screen. I get it that they don't want a user to ACCIDENTALLY 'send' a half typed email.... but AT LEAST give the option for the rest of us to have the SEND button somewhere closer to the keyboard area!?

And a super loyal fanbase that keeps harping on about INSTALL AN APP and not even bothering to understand that there shouldn't be a need to install a freaking app to expect the phone to do WHAT IT IS SUPPOSED TO DO ANYWAY!

For a highly CUSTOMISABLE OS, the lack of options provided is absolutely tragic. And for every god damn thing, you are expected to download a third party app and after a few months, no one gives a crap about who developed the app and WHY the FOOK does every app need access to your contact list and location... Doesn't matter if the requesting app is TrueCaller OR a freaking TORCH LIGHT.

Sorry.... just... Missing the BB Classic.

Wow what an honest and straight to the point post about android.

I'll stay with my Z30 for now after reading this. I love that I have almost no apps installed and still am able to do almost everything what I need to. Everything built into the OS.

The pictures you showed reveal more. The consistency in the OS is not given.
    "LED light"
    "Light"
    "Notification light"

All for the same thing.

08-02-16 03:04 AM
    OK so basically, there is no way of setting the sms color to red unless we download a 3rd party sms app...

And led settings are found within the apps themselves, and if there is no led setting then we can assume it cannot be set (like the stock Android messenger app)

Is this correct?

#whatisclassic
    08-02-16 02:24 PM
    OK so basically, there is no way of setting the sms color to red unless we download a 3rd party sms app...

And led settings are found within the apps themselves, and if there is no led setting then we can assume it cannot be set (like the stock Android messenger app)

Is this correct?

#whatisclassic
    That's pretty much it. Although, again, LED colors for accounts in the HUB are in its Settings. Just look around at the various places where notifications can be set up.
    08-02-16 05:31 PM