For me putting Android in the slider was suicidal.
    SUICIDAL? What other options did they have?

BB10 - Blackberry is shipping BB10 devices for almost 3 years, great OS, never gained traction, and each quarter Blackberry sells less phones. Blackberry sold less than a Million phones last quarter (Chen said they need 10 million sold a year to brake even!!). So sticking with BB10 only would lead to closing the handset business, like WebOS did.

iOS- Apple won't let you, simple as that

Windows Phone - Has not marketshare, has even less apps than BB10. At least BB10 can have Android apps.

This is the marketshare of phone OS's:
    BlackBerry Priv - New TaoBao listing with specs-untitled-1.jpg

Please come down to earth. I like BB10 the best, I wish it became popular and profitable, but lets be real here, BB10 has proven to not be nowere near enought close to make even in the handset business. Blackberry isn't a charity company, so if it doesn't make money, it closes, and you have no phones either.

Android is your last chance of Blackberry still making handsets in the future, and who knows, money from Android can help sustain BB10 alive and give it exposure. And with Android, Blackberry only has to sell 5million (acording to Chen) to brake even because they don't have to develop almost anything software wise.
    DolemiteDONS likes this.
    10-05-15 07:52 PM
    North American (us & canada) prices are atleast 20% less than EU msrp. So I won't get excited until they release the info. My assumption is would retail for 599-649 in US.

Posted via CB10 app using the mighty Passport.
    10-05-15 08:02 PM

BB10 - Blackberry is shipping BB10 devices for almost 3 years, great OS, never gained traction, and each quarter Blackberry sells less phones. Blackberry sold less than a Million phones last quarter (Chen said they need 10 million sold a year to brake even!!). So sticking with BB10 only would lead to closing the handset business, like WebOS did.

Windows Phone - Has not marketshare, has even less apps than BB10. At least BB10 can have Android apps.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg 
Views:	851 
Size:	40.5 KB 
ID:	374578

Please come down to earth. I like BB10 the best, I wish it became popular and profitable, but lets be real here, BB10 has proven to not be nowere near enought close to make even in the handset business. Blackberry isn't a charity company, so if it doesn't make money, it closes, and you have no phones either.

Android is your last chance of Blackberry still making handsets in the future, and who knows, money from Android can help sustain BB10 alive and give it exposure. And with Android, Blackberry only has to sell 5million (acording to Chen) to brake even because they don't have to develop almost anything software wise.
    Don't try to reason. You cannot do so with a BB10 diehard suffering from PTSD.
    10-05-15 09:27 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg 
Views:	851 
Size:	40.5 KB 
ID:	374578

If this is the last chance for Blackberry, then I will keep my 9810 and when that dies I will buy a BB10 PKB phone. If they were wise they would release the slider with a choice of BB10 or Android. Should not be an issue as they are a software company and an OS is just software. I don't care what you or anyone else wants, I want a slider with BB10.
    10-05-15 10:22 PM
    If this is the last chance for Blackberry, then I will keep my 9810 and when that dies I will buy a BB10 PKB phone. If they were wise they would release the slider with a choice of BB10 or Android. Should not be an issue as they are a software company and an OS is just software. I don't care what you or anyone else wants, I want a slider with BB10.
    Chen said they didn't do a BB10 version for software cost reasons. Like i said, I wish BB10 was sucessfull, and there was no "app gap" that make people need to go Android, because I do like BB10 better than Android. BB10 didn't gain traction, it's lacking important apps that most people use, developers don't want to waste their time in a platform that isn't going to pay back.

Look, HTC made a Android version of the M9, and later decided to do a Windows phone version. If the Priv is successful, who knows if a BB10 version can show down the road.
    DolemiteDONS likes this.
    10-05-15 11:05 PM
    Will it have wireless charging? If so which type? I've gotten spoiled by wireless charging on my Classic. Also hoping for picture password on the Priv.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-15 03:54 AM
    Oh really? I just love the AMOLED on my Z30. Great phone, working just like new phone until now.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, I love my Z30; battery lasts forever!

Posted using my BlackBerry Stainless Steel Passport SE (and I also have the BlackBerry Z30).
    10-06-15 07:43 PM
    ically you can curve LCD's, in fact Sony launched a curved TV LCD long ago, and there are a few monitors. The problem is that curved LCDs star
    LG G Flex and recently G Flex2 like where have you been LG and Samsung BOTH debuted curved screens and glass ... you just go with the noise. LG is JUST as capable as Samsung.

LG G Flex2 - Full phone specifications
    Build Curved body and display

10-06-15 08:04 PM
    LG G Flex and recently G Flex2 like where have you been LG and Samsung BOTH debuted curved screens and glass ... you just go with the noise. LG is JUST as capable as Samsung.

LG G Flex2 - Full phone specifications
    Build Curved body and display

This is what YOU said in reply to my comment:
    BlackBerry Priv - New TaoBao listing with specs-ff.jpg

Why are you showing me links that confirm that I was right and you were wrong? Gflex 1 and 2 are both OLED, Not LCD like you said they were. There are NO curved LCD phones. LCD and OLED are completely different technologies. I never said LG didn't make curved screens, I just said they didn't make LCD curved screens.
    BlackBerry Priv - New TaoBao listing with specs-oled.jpg
    10-06-15 09:13 PM
    Shaking my head. It's unbelievable the amount of refusal, denial, rationality that goes on in these forums. Once they declare BB10 to be EOL'ED, I fear there will be actual suicides from the news.
    MO3iusONE and StutterStep like this.
    10-06-15 09:27 PM
    Shaking my head. It's unbelievable the amount of refusal, denial, rationality that goes on in these forums. Once they declare BB10 to be EOL'ED, I fear there will be actual suicides from the news.
    They're going for release 10.3.3 before they actually declare the old devices as EoL.... there's still good 6 months from now...

Also after a device is EoL... if it still works I'll make it work...many folks are still using the old BB7 phones daily...!

Posted via my  z30/10.3.2.2639 
    extisis likes this.
    10-07-15 01:53 AM
    Yes when you get your Android phone you will be shaking your head in FRUSTRATION.
    10-09-15 12:42 AM
    Seems like it's too much for you to deal with. How will you cope....

Posted via CB10
    10-20-15 08:42 PM
    Seems like it's too much for you to deal with. How will you cope....

Posted via CB10
    Holy necro-thread revival batman!
    10-20-15 08:50 PM
    Holy necro-thread revival batman!
    ...is it blowing your mind?

lol. it did.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by extisis; 10-24-15 at 01:44 PM.
    10-20-15 08:52 PM
65 123