03-10-17 07:23 PM
449 123 ...
tools
    This is a reference thread to document the different models and network bands for the BlackBerry Priv. Similar threads for the Classic, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, and Q5 are located here, here, here, here, here, and here, respectively.

Click on image to enlarge:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Priv.png 
Views:	798 
Size:	136.9 KB 
ID:	393078

How this works: compare your carrier's bands to figure out which model of the Priv is best for your use. Or check below to see if your carrier is on the list. If you don't see it and don't know your carrier's bands, ask for a compatibility check. Just post your carrier's name and country when asking.

Compatible Carriers

STV100-1: AT&T, Telus, Koodo, Bell, Virgin Canada, Rogers, Fido, WIND, T-Mobile USA, Claro (Argentina, Brazil, DR, Colombia, Peru, Uruguay,) Movistar (Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Costa Rica, Mexico, Peru, Spain, Uruguay, Venezuela,) Vivo Brazil, Oi Brazil, Telcel, WOM, BTC, Digicel Antigua and Barbuda, Warid, Zong, Cell C, Celcom, 3 (UK, HK, Indonesia, Denmark, Austria, Italy, Ireland,) EE, Telekom DE, Bouygues, SFR, Vodafone (India, AU, UK, DE, Greece, Ireland, Italy, NL, Portugal, Spain, Qatar,) Sunrise, Swisscom, O2 (UK, CZ, DE,) Elisa (Estonia, Finland,) Orange (Belgium, FR, Poland, Romania, Spain,) T-Mobile (Austria, CZ, Hungary, Poland,) Telia (Denmark, Sweden,) Telenor (Denmark, Hungary, Norway, Pakistan,) du, Batelco, Ooredoo Qatar, Etisalat UAE, MTN SA, Vodacom SA, Digitel, Nextel Brazil, Yoigo, 2degrees, Celcom, Maxis, DiGi, U Mobile, csl., PCCW, M1, StarHub, Tele2 RU

STV100-2: Verizon, Telus, Koodo, WIND, Claro (Argentina, Brazil, Costa Rica, DR, Colombia, Peru, Uruguay,) Entel Bolivia, Movistar (Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Costa Rica, Mexico, Peru, Spain, Uruguay, Venezuela,) Vivo Brazil, Oi Brazil, Telcel, WOM, 3 (UK, HK, Indonesia, Denmark, Austria, Italy, Ireland,) EE, Telekom DE, Bouygues, SFR, Vodafone (India, AU, UK, DE, Greece, Ireland, Italy, NL, Portugal, Spain, Qatar,) Sunrise, Swisscom, O2 (UK, CZ, DE,) Elisa (Estonia, Finland,) Orange (Belgium, FR, Poland, Romania, Spain,) T-Mobile (Austria, Hungary, Poland,) Telia (Denmark, Sweden,) Telenor (Denmark, Hungary, Norway, Pakistan,) Yoigo, du, Batelco, Ooredoo Qatar, Etisalat UAE, MTN SA, Vodacom SA, Digitel, Nextel Brazil, 2degrees, Warid, Zong, Celcom, Maxis, DiGi, U Mobile, csl., PCCW, M1, StarHub, Tele2 RU

STV100-3: All carriers compatible with STV100-1 and STV100-4 plus Airtel India, Aircel, China Mobile Hong Kong, Mobily, Zain, STC, MTS RU, MegaFon, 8ta, SKY Brazil

STV100-4: Telus, Koodo, Rogers, Fido, Bell, Virgin Canada, WIND, EE,Telekom DE, Bouygues, SFR, Vodafone (India, AU, UK, DE, CZ, Greece, Ireland, Italy, NL, NZ, Portugal, Spain, Qatar,) Sunrise, Swisscom, O2 (UK, CZ, DE,) Elisa (Estonia, Finland,) Orange (Belgium, FR, Poland, Romania, Spain,) T-Mobile (Austria, CZ, Hungary, NL, Poland,) TeliaSonera (Denmark, Sweden,) SingTel, KT, 3 (UK, HK, Indonesia, Denmark, Austria, Italy, Ireland,) Telenor (Denmark, Hungary, Norway, Pakistan,) du, Batelco, Ooredoo Qatar, Etisalat UAE, MTN SA, Vodacom SA, Claro (Argentina, Brasil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Panama, Peru,) Entel (Bolivia, Chile,) Movistar (Chile, Costa Rica, Panama, Uruguay, Spain,) Digitel, Vivo Brazil, Oi Brazil, Nextel Brazil, WOM, Yoigo, 2degrees, Spark NZ, Celcom, Maxis, DiGi, U Mobile, csl., PCCW, SmarTone, M1, Singtel, StarHub, Chunghwa Telecom, China Unicom
    Last edited by raino; 03-03-16 at 08:20 PM. Reason: STV100-2 compatible carriers, additions, deletions
    10-22-15 12:49 PM
    Q&A

1. What is this 'Compatibility compares to/exceeds' column?

If you already own one of the many BB10 phones listed, you can quickly and easily figure out which Priv to get by looking at this column. The Priv model listed will always meet or exceed compatibility for the corresponding BB10 phones listed in this column.

2. Will there be updates to this graphic?

Yes. This thread is a work in progress, and is yet be complete. It will be updated frequently. Usually, my sources of most information are "official" listings/documents: ShopBlackBerry listings, BlackBerry manuals, FCC filings, etc. As more information is made available, I will double check everything and update as necessary.

3. If my carrier uses multiple bands for networks, what's the best way to find out which networks are around me?

If you already have a BB10 phone, there is a way through escreens to find out which network your phone is parked on. Click here for UMTS instructions, here for LTE instructions. This is the best localized check you can do to make sure you are looking at the most compatible Priv for the networks around you. Credit to yhamaie for all this excellent information. Careful with escreens.

For instructions to run similar tests on iPhones, click here. For Samsung Galaxy devices, dial *#0011# and look for RRC band.

4. What's the deal with Verizon and Sprint, will any of the GSM-only models work?

Sprint: no. The GSM-only models don't have approved CDMA, which Sprint still requires for activation on their network.

There have been reports (1, 2) of the STV100-1 working on Verizon LTE. It is important to note that the STV100-1 lacks LTE band 13, and that in absence of a secondary Verizon LTE network, the STV100-1 will not work on Verizon.

5. Which models have wireless charging?

See this post for information from the manual re: wireless charging.

6. Anything else I should know?

This is a community driven thread. So if you buy a Priv and would like to chime in with compatibility information, please feel free to do so and I will update the OP. If you have news about new networks, please chime in as well.
    Last edited by raino; 03-03-16 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Updated #4 to reflect recent developments
    10-22-15 12:49 PM
    Good jobs. Thanks

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport on newest OS 10.3.2
    10-22-15 12:56 PM
    Model 3 and 4, for Verizon and likely Sprint. Model 3 also supports TDD-LTE in China.

Priv Clears FCC
    10-22-15 12:58 PM
    As always GREAT works!
    10-22-15 01:00 PM
    Model 3 and 4, for Verizon and likely Sprint. Model 3 also supports TDD-LTE in China.

Priv Clears FCC
    Just noticed. Working on them.

I haven't looked through the -4's FCC filings, but the -3 has b41 (and b25) but no CDMA (or b26.) So it can't be for Sprint. It does have b13 (and b4) but I'm not too optimistic on this (-3) being the one for Verizon.
    10-22-15 01:03 PM
    Remember, there's still the -2, -5 and -6 in the pipeline.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-15 01:07 PM
    10-22-15 01:09 PM
    Just noticed. Working on them.

I haven't looked through the -4's FCC filings, but the -3 has b41 (and b25) but no CDMA (or b26.) So it can't be for Sprint. It does have b13 (and b4) but I'm not too optimistic on this (-3) being the one for Verizon.
    I swear I read EV-DO in one of them. Unless I confused WCDMA with CDMA...
    10-22-15 01:19 PM
    Cross-posting here, but did you find one of these for the -3? I'm seeing a single mention of LTE bands 38 and 40 mentioned in the -3's RF exp. report (page 6)

I'll check Faizan's posts too. IIRC, he said the -3 was the one the Indian authorities imported.
    10-22-15 01:55 PM
    Cross-posting here, but did you find one of these for the -3? I'm seeing a single mention of LTE bands 38 and 40 mentioned in the -3's RF exp. report (page 6)

I'll check Faizan's posts too. IIRC, he said the -3 was the one the Indian authorities imported.
    This test was for the FCC, so they don't care about bands not used in North America. Hence why BlackBerry's in house testers didn't check.

Attachment 377019

Posted via CB10
    10-22-15 02:57 PM
    This test was for the FCC, so they don't care about bands not used in North America. Hence why BlackBerry's in house testers didn't check.

Attachment 377019
    I can't see the attachment. But I just saw another one of your posts that lists 38 and 40. We are in agreement then, and came to the same reasonable conclusion independently.

18 LTE bands in the STV100-3, then.
    gfondeur likes this.
    10-22-15 03:37 PM
    I swear I read EV-DO in one of them. Unless I confused WCDMA with CDMA...
    The were some WCDMA power readings..... maybe you saw that at a glance?

As the Verizon CDMA variant might have been scheduled for later production... maybe they just filed for it a little later. Get out the GSM versions launch in GB and Canada with the US a few weeks later.
    10-22-15 03:39 PM
    Remember, there's still the -2, -5 and -6 in the pipeline.

Posted via CB10
    When is that AT&T Z30 coming out of the pipeline?

Posted via CB10
    gfondeur likes this.
    10-22-15 03:43 PM
    Also can not see the attachment.
    10-22-15 03:44 PM
    When is that AT&T Z30 coming out of the pipeline?

Posted via CB10
    Probably never... lol

Posted via CB10
    10-22-15 04:10 PM
    STV100-4 is the Sprint model, what you are not showing is that 1900 PCS is CDMA. Another give away on STV100-4 is band 25, Band 26 and Band 41 LTE

https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/repor...id=L6ARHM180LW
    10-22-15 11:24 PM
    STV100-4 is the Sprint model, what you are not showing is that 1900 PCS is CDMA. Another give away on STV100-4 is band 25, Band 26 and Band 41 LTE

https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/repor...id=L6ARHM180LW
    Which document did you see CDMA and LTE bands 25+26 in? I went through the RF Exposure Report and didn't see those. Plus it has 1900 MHz is listed as WCDMA.
    Camelhmpz likes this.
    10-23-15 12:16 AM
    The -3 is also setup to match well with the frequencies used by the 3 major carriers in China, including TDD-LTE implementation and the beginning crossover to FDD-LTE.
    10-23-15 04:39 AM
    To follow up to Thurask's comment - I got the impression from the "models" thread that -2 was looking like the VZW model, and -5 the Sprint model.

And once again, I have never seen a case since at least 2013 where a CDMA BlackBerry variant came through certification before the GSM variant of the same model. So let's not get all worked-up that neither Verizon or Sprint will see this model - too early to tell and I think highly unlikely scenario.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    10-23-15 09:06 AM
    To follow up to Thurask's comment - I got the impression from the "models" thread that -2 was looking like the VZW model, and -5 the Sprint model.

And once again, I have never seen a case since at least 2013 where a CDMA BlackBerry variant came through certification before the GSM variant of the same model. So let's not get all worked-up that neither Verizon or Sprint will see this model - too early to tell and I think highly unlikely scenario.
    I don't think the US is really being launched yet.... sure you can buy it online, but so far NO carrier has it for preorder here. Canada and GB are smaller markets where it is much easier to provide the product and launch support needed... I bet the US goes live in the middle of Nov, and I bet Verizon will be in the mix too. After a few weeks they'll move on to Europe and slowly to other markets.
    10-23-15 09:42 AM
    So not to beat a dead horse but can we confirm or deny the Priv is coming to Verizon?
    10-23-15 10:48 AM
    You have to wait for Sprint and Verizon to announce there own, the pre orders now are unlocked devices.
    10-23-15 10:59 AM
    So not to beat a dead horse but can we confirm or deny the Priv is coming to Verizon?
    Unfortunately we don't know. Which if Verizon/Sprint/BlackBerry do know yes or no and don't tell us it's just plain cruel. I hate to keep waiting and it never prevail, I'll need a new phone soon and can't keep hoping and missing out on other sales. The z30 is the last top of the line BlackBerry in my opinion and that ship sailed 2 years ago. *on VzW

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Camelhmpz; 10-23-15 at 11:59 AM.
    10-23-15 11:22 AM
    Which if Verizon/Sprint/BlackBerry do know yes or no and don't tell us it's just plain cruel.
    Well at some point they're going to have to. Hopefully it's sooner than the phone just magically showing up in their online and/or store lineups.

If you have a social media account, I would try asking them (Verizon/Sprint) there. You're very likely to get a standard reply, but sometimes they slip up.
    10-23-15 11:45 AM
449 123 ...