I have bought a Blackberry Priv from the Us. I live in Italy. The model is the STV100-001. I am now very worried it won't work in Italy
    10-22-16 01:09 PM
    Hi,
    I live in germany and currently use a windows mobile phone which has wireless charging.
    My carrier is t-mobile germany.
    Because i would really like to have a physical keyboard i intend to get a Priv.
    The dilemma now is... stv100-1 or stv100-4 ?
    The -4 has all carrier frequencies, german qwertz keyboard, will get (probably) updates via carrier BUT has no wireless charging.
    The -1 also has all carrier frequencies (according to frequencycheck.com), has wireless charging BUT a qwerty keyboard and i am not sure about updates.

Would i get software updates for a -1 in germany ? Or is there another way for updating ?
    I know that the -4 is available in germany with qwertz keyboard but the same -4 model is available in the UK with a qwerty keyboard.
    Would there be a way to change the keyboard ? And is it possible to set up the -1 with german language ?

Would be great if someone knows the answers

Thanks a lot!
    11-01-16 05:00 AM
    Hi,
    I live in germany and currently use a windows mobile phone which has wireless charging.
    My carrier is t-mobile germany.
    Because i would really like to have a physical keyboard i intend to get a Priv.
    The dilemma now is... stv100-1 or stv100-4 ?
    The -4 has all carrier frequencies, german qwertz keyboard, will get (probably) updates via carrier BUT has no wireless charging.
    The -1 also has all carrier frequencies (according to frequencycheck.com), has wireless charging BUT a qwerty keyboard and i am not sure about updates.

Would i get software updates for a -1 in germany ? Or is there another way for updating ?
    I know that the -4 is available in germany with qwertz keyboard but the same -4 model is available in the UK with a qwerty keyboard.
    Would there be a way to change the keyboard ? And is it possible to set up the -1 with german language ?

Would be great if someone knows the answers

Thanks a lot!
    I hope I can answer some questions and don't have it wrong. I purchased a Version 1 from shopbb and it has wireless charging. I am in the US and got the OS update directly from BB.

I know that my phone has an assortment of languages to chose from. They are built into the phone.

I am concerned that if I change the language to German I might not be able to read it adequately to turn it back to English. So I don't know if you select German as the language if it switches the Virtual Keyboard to qwertz. Obviously, you would be stuck with the physical keyboard being Qwerty. Hopefully, someone more multi-lingual will be able to switch around and answer the question.
    11-01-16 08:36 AM
    I hope I can answer some questions and don't have it wrong. I purchased a Version 1 from shopbb and it has wireless charging. I am in the US and got the OS update directly from BB.

I know that my phone has an assortment of languages to chose from. They are built into the phone.

I am concerned that if I change the language to German I might not be able to read it adequately to turn it back to English. So I don't know if you select German as the language if it switches the Virtual Keyboard to qwertz. Obviously, you would be stuck with the physical keyboard being Qwerty. Hopefully, someone more multi-lingual will be able to switch around and answer the question.
    Thanks, there is no need to actually switch the language on your phone.
    If your version 1 Priv has the option "german" than it should be okay.
    The virtual keyboard will then switch to qwertz layout for sure.

What i meant was... when i look for the priv at german amazon for example it says that it is a version 4 and the pictures show a physical qwertz keyboard. When looking at amazon UK it says also version 4 but the physical keyboard is qwerty.
    So there should be two different version 4 models... and maybe its possible to get a qwerty to qwertz keyboard swap for a version 1 model ?

Is your carrier at&t ? Or what do you mean by getting the update directly from BB ?
    Do you actively download it from there or is it automatic ?
    I read somewhere in a forum that a version 1 phone will only get updates within at&t network or is this incorrect ?
    11-01-16 11:41 AM
    What i meant was... when i look for the priv at german amazon for example it says that it is a version 4 and the pictures show a physical qwertz keyboard. When looking at amazon UK it says also version 4 but the physical keyboard is qwerty.
    So there should be two different version 4 models... and maybe its possible to get a qwerty to qwertz keyboard swap for a version 1 model ?

Is your carrier at&t ? Or what do you mean by getting the update directly from BB ?
    Do you actively download it from there or is it automatic ?
    I read somewhere in a forum that a version 1 phone will only get updates within at&t network or is this incorrect ?
    Hmmm, I wonder if there's a difference in "wiring or circuits" so that the physical change of the Z and Y are accompanied by wiring changes under the keys.

Since I got the Priv-1 from ShopBB it is not attached to any carrier (well, not when I got it). It is Factory UNlocked. I checked for updates while it was still on wifi with NO sim card. A week later I got a T-mobile sim card but I don't know if that changes anything. I plan on experimenting with both T-mobile and AT&T. Maybe in the next few days, after BB issues the Nov Security Updates, I will have a better idea but expect it will be direct from BB.

But my primary Priv is the Verizon version (version 2). And I did use it in Europe this summer (Azores and Madeira, Lisbon and Amsterdam) without issues. While the Verizon Priv is carrier UNlocked, it still needs OS and security updates from Verizon. (we hope that maybe BB will allow us to skip them but don't expect much).
    11-01-16 12:19 PM
    @F2: Thanks a lot... i am still not sure what to do but time will tell

Update: Just ordered a stv100-1 from the UK
    Last edited by kultakala; 11-02-16 at 02:56 AM.
    11-01-16 02:19 PM
    Any word on any of these Priv models supporting Wind's new LTE in Toronto?
    11-23-16 10:00 AM
    Is there a way to add more LTE bands to Blackberry Priv STV100-4?
    11-25-16 06:39 AM
    Short of adding a new Qualcomm soc, no. It would require a hardware modification.
    11-25-16 07:00 AM
    Hi Kultakala,

I am in the same situation as you were. I want the priv with QI charging. Can you elaborate on your experiences of using the STV100-1 in Germany? My provider here (in Germany) is O2, the frequencies for LTE should be OK. What happens to the physical keyboard? What happens if you press the Y key if you changed the Priv to the German system language.
    11-27-16 05:49 AM
    I have att unlocked priv. when I open phone info with *#*#4636#*#* i have options to choose like CDMA , GSM, EvDo , LTE CDMA only , etc. Does it mean that it also support CDMA carriers ? Thanks in advance!!!!!
    Short answer, no.

Long answer, UMTS IS a form a CDMA but it is not EV-DO which most . They use the same setting screen as it's not supposed to be accessed by users on a casual basis so there is no specific one for 3GPP and 3GPP2. Change the settings if you want to soft-brick your phone.
    Vic Daval likes this.
    11-30-16 08:31 AM
    Thanks for sharing your knowledge!!!
    11-30-16 06:05 PM
    Is there a band difference from the tmo priv to the unlocked priv more specifically band 12

Forgiven
    12-19-16 08:39 PM
    So just to confirm...my priv -3 will not work with verizon? I just want to know before spending money to unlock it.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-17 12:40 AM
    So just to confirm...my priv -3 will not work with verizon? I just want to know before spending money to unlock it.

Posted via CB10
    Not really, no. I mean, it's doable, but you're better off with the real Verizon Priv on Verizon.
    01-09-17 01:04 AM

Posted via CB10
    I might not have been persistent but when I first got my ShopBB Priv I tried putting my Verizon sim in the phone. It did not work but, again, I might not have tried very hard.
    01-09-17 09:26 AM
    Hi Guys,

Just to get one thing straight:. There is no way to buy an unlocked PRIV which will not have Verizon Bloatware and have it work on Verizon.

If there is, then do I purchase the (-3)? Has anyone gotten this to work?

Thanks in advance!
    01-22-17 12:26 PM
    Hi Guys,

Just to get one thing straight:. There is no way to buy an unlocked PRIV which will not have Verizon Bloatware and have it work on Verizon.

Thanks in advance!
    If you will spend your entire ownership of this phone in a LTE area, and if you don't need Verizon's addon services, then that might work: Life on Verizon in an unlocked Android world isn't as painful as it used to be | Android Central
    01-22-17 02:08 PM
    Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance!
    I purchased the STV100-1 from ShopBB and when I first got it, I did not have a sim card in it. I have a Verizon Priv. So I tried out the Verizon Sim card in the new phone. While it showed Verizon in the upper left, I could not get it to work. But I also did not jump through a bunch of hoops since I was afraid of messing up my Verizon account and associated phone. So I don't know if I would have had to try activating it or doing something else to get it working.
    01-22-17 11:12 PM
    I should've looked at this thread before I bought the Priv...

I gave up extra bands in STV100-3 for the wireless charging in STV100-1?
    03-09-17 08:08 PM
    I should've looked at this thread before I bought the Priv...

I gave up extra bands in STV100-3 for the wireless charging in STV100-1?
    where are you at? which carrier are you on? what LTE bands are your carrier operating at?
    toebeeboy likes this.
    03-10-17 03:41 AM
    where are you at? which carrier are you on? what LTE bands are your carrier operating at?
    I travel frequently in Canada/US, and also occasionally to Europe/Asia so I would rather have a phone with more bands to ensure my phone works for the location I travel to.
    03-10-17 02:31 PM
    I travel frequently in Canada/US, and also occasionally to Europe/Asia so I would rather have a phone with more bands to ensure my phone works for the location I travel to.
    Ah i see, as you have some occasional travels to EU or APAC then you should get the STV3 or the STV4 as your minimum.
    03-10-17 05:51 PM
    Ah i see, as you have some occasional travels to EU or APAC then you should get the STV3 or the STV4 as your minimum.
    Too late...
    But at least I'll still get 3G connection I guess.
    03-10-17 07:23 PM
    Is STV100-3 better 1 or 4 version? Thanks!
    04-07-17 03:56 PM
481 ... 1617181920