Just picked up the blackberry priv from rogers, loving it so far. Just got a few questions. The heating issue some people are facing, is it HOT or just warm because mine only gets hot when I'm using it while charging and a bit warm from regular use but nothing concerning. Another question is the marshmallow update. I haven't received that update yet but I was told that newly activated phones take a bit of time to recive the over the air update. Iv exchanged one priv already thinking I got a bugged one but same thing with the second one so I'm assuming I'll recive the update soon. Anyways I just Wana know how long a few of you had to wait. Was it a week? Few days? Right out the box? Just curious as I here the update really does make a difference.
    12-07-16 04:02 PM
    Just picked up the blackberry priv from rogers, loving it so far. Just got a few questions. The heating issue some people are facing, is it HOT or just warm because mine only gets hot when I'm using it while charging and a bit warm from regular use but nothing concerning. Another question is the marshmallow update. I haven't received that update yet but I was told that newly activated phones take a bit of time to recive the over the air update. Iv exchanged one priv already thinking I got a bugged one but same thing with the second one so I'm assuming I'll recive the update soon. Anyways I just Wana know how long a few of you had to wait. Was it a week? Few days? Right out the box? Just curious as I here the update really does make a difference.
    Welcome to Crackberry.

I've read various things about MM and Rogers. That it was initially offered, then they stopped before everyone got it. Some new phones have gotten it but others have not.

The phone can definitely warm up when you download lots of updates for apps and play some intensive video games. But it also settles down generally.

Mine a Verizon model and a ShopBB model have generally not gotten very warm. On the occasion the Verizon one (had it since march) got warm, I blamed a run away process and just restarted it and it was fine.
    12-07-16 05:56 PM
    I got the update right out of the box a few days ago.
    12-07-16 09:25 PM
    I've had my Rogers Priv for a couple of months now and the MM update was pushed pretty much the day of or after I started using it. You can manually check to see if there are any updates by going to Settings > About Phone > Software Update.
    12-07-16 09:51 PM
    Based on what iv been hearing people have been getting it within the week. Guess I just gotta be patient and see what happens. At least that's what blackberry tech and rogers tech have said.

I did notice an increase in temperature when watching say YouTube videos on a decent brightness but again, not concerning what do ever and cools down quickly. Haven't felt much warmness from simple browsing and texting so I think I avoided one of the HOT devices .

I'll keep that in mind though if my phone gets hot I'll do a quick reset just to kill any ongoing apps. I tend to try and not use it too much when charging as with any phone.
    12-08-16 12:38 AM