I'm curious, the keyboard is touch sensitive as she as the passports, so do we get the same auto correct feature of the swipe up to get the word on it? And is the touchscreen keyboard android stock or BlackBerrys signature keyboard?

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 02:39 PM
    Capacitive physical keyboard, yes.

BlackBerry virtual keyboard, yes.

We don't know the precise details of either implementation.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    10-13-15 02:41 PM
    I'm assuming that the keyboard lights up too. But we haven't seen that addressed yet. I'm also worried that the buttons on the physical keyboard won't be able to press down like they did on Passport, Q10, 9900 etc

The keyboard looks very slim, and it looks like the buttons won't press down like on the Torch. I returned my Torch because that keyboard drove me nuts. What's the point of physical buttons if you can't press them down? They were like hard buttons in place and it wasn't so much pushing them down but about just touching the button.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 03:11 PM
    I still don't see the VKB ( On-Screen Keyboard ) on BlackBerry Priv via a streaming video.

Honestly I do think that BlackBerry put the VKB a side. If that's the case, well that would be a miss.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 05:22 PM
    First, I am tempted to believe the slide-out keyboard will make the phone top heavy.

Secondly, with that big lip (chin), I don't see how it will be physically possible to position one's thumbs in a vertical position and comfortably type on the PKB.

As a previous Android user, I envision the PRIV as predominantly Android OS with a wee bit of Blackberry security and perhaps some other Blackberry features, such as perhaps the Hub. The only really true Blackberry feature, IMO, is the PKB that will be attached. The PRIV really won't be a Blackberry in any sense of its true form, more of an Android phone with a Blackberry PKB slapped on it. The more I think about the PRIV, the less excited I am about it.

Posted via CB10
    dusanvn likes this.
    10-13-15 06:08 PM
    First, I am tempted to believe the slide-out keyboard will make the phone top heavy.

Secondly, with that big lip (chin), I don't see how it will be physically possible to position one's thumbs in a vertical position and comfortably type on the PKB.

As a previous Android user, I envision the PRIV as predominantly Android OS with a wee bit of Blackberry security and perhaps some other Blackberry features, such as perhaps the Hub. The only really true Blackberry feature, IMO, is the PKB that will be attached. The PRIV really won't be a Blackberry in any sense of its true form, more of an Android phone with a Blackberry PKB slapped on it. The more I think about the PRIV, the less excited I am about it.

Posted via CB10
    All the leakers have said the phone feels very balanced. Not top heavy at all. The vkb has been spotted in a picture. I think the vkb will add to the BlackBerry feel. The pic all shows the BlackBerry password screen where you get 10 tries before it wipes. The spark is also present everywhere, along with BlackBerry Calendar, BlackBerry Contacts, and active frame styled cards. I think they're working hard to bring a BlackBerry feel to it. I hope bedtime mode is there, bbm video, and BlackBerry notification sounds and ringtones!
    BlackBerry Priv keyboard-image-2015-08-30-10.38.59-am.png

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 06:20 PM
    All the leakers have said the phone feels very balanced. Not top heavy at all. The vkb has been spotted in a picture. I think the vkb will add to the BlackBerry feel. The pic all shows the BlackBerry password screen where you get 10 tries before it wipes. The spark is also present everywhere, along with BlackBerry Calendar, BlackBerry Contacts, and active frame styled cards. I think they're working hard to bring a BlackBerry feel to it. I hope bedtime mode is there, bbm video, and BlackBerry notification sounds and ringtones!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image 2015-08-30 at 10.38.59 AM.png 
Views:	1708 
Size:	303.3 KB 
ID:	375717

Posted via CB10
    Well, among the many things I love about Blackberry, I definitely couldn't live without my colored notification lights. Lightflow app in Google Play store is pretty much garbage. I also love the strong vibration, bedtime mode, and Blackberry's proprietary ringtones and notification sounds. Praying Blackberry gets this right! I'd personally rather see a Passport 2 come out which would be able for Verizon customers as well as all of the other carriers.

Posted via CB 10 on my BlackBerry Classic
    10-13-15 06:40 PM
    Well, among the many things I love about Blackberry, I definitely couldn't live without my colored notification lights. Lightflow app in Google Play store is pretty much garbage. I also love the strong vibration, bedtime mode, and Blackberry's proprietary ringtones and notification sounds. Praying Blackberry gets this right! I'd personally rather see a Passport 2 come out which would be able for Verizon customers as well as all of the other carriers.

Fingers crossed for these features on Priv!

Posted via CB10
    BarefootBerry likes this.
    10-13-15 07:02 PM
    Fingers crossed for these features on Priv!

Posted via CB10
    Amen!

10-13-15 08:48 PM
    I wouldn't worry so much about the VKB. SwiftKey is awesome and a very good keyboard on Google Play Store, among many others.

And like Bla1ze said in another post, the BlackBerry VKB was used based on the SwiftKey API.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-13-15 08:53 PM
    I wouldn't worry so much about the VKB. SwiftKey is awesome and a very good keyboard on Google Play Store, among many others.

And like Bla1ze said in another post, the BlackBerry VKB was used based on the SwiftKey API.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    I tried using SwiftKey and didn't much care for it. One of the main reasons was the plethora of permissions the app required. I used it briefly and then uninstalled. If my memory serves me correctly, unlike Blackberry, you don't have the opportunity to edit which permissions you want an app to have access to. It's all or nothing in the Google Play Store. However, this may not be an issue for some people and they might really enjoy SwiftKey and other keyboards available for download.

Then again, if Blackberry develops the API, I would like to think the permission factor would be implemented accordingly, in the likeness of Blackberry security standards.

Posted via CB 10 on my BB Classic
    10-13-15 09:07 PM
    I think that after the Priv launches, we�ll see the BlackBerry App strategy in affect. Remember earlier this year, they talked about the HUB and VK being offered to Android and iOS users? I believe that's on the horizon. I always wanted them to do this and now it makes even more sense. BlackBerry can truly entice people to invest in the BlackBerry (Android) experience.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 09:35 PM
    I think that after the Priv launches, we�ll see the BlackBerry App strategy in affect. Remember earlier this year, they talked about the HUB and VK being offered to Android and iOS users? I believe that's on the horizon. I always wanted them to do this and now it makes even more sense. BlackBerry can truly entice people to invest in the BlackBerry (Android) experience.

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunately, the begging question still remains...when will an official announcement be made regarding the PRIV's release date? Sigh...

10-13-15 10:29 PM
    Unfortunately, the begging question still remains...when will an official announcement be made regarding the PRIV's release date? Sigh...

I know, I'm starting to get depressed. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 10:37 PM
    I'm assuming that the keyboard lights up too. But we haven't seen that addressed yet. I'm also worried that the buttons on the physical keyboard won't be able to press down like they did on Passport, Q10, 9900 etc

The keyboard looks very slim, and it looks like the buttons won't press down like on the Torch. I returned my Torch because that keyboard drove me nuts. What's the point of physical buttons if you can't press them down? They were like hard buttons in place and it wasn't so much pushing them down but about just touching the button.

Posted via CB10
    I had the Torch, and the buttons had travel for me. I tried a friend's 9900 back in the day, and the key travel was just very slightly more, but not enough to overshadow the Torch keyboard.

The Priv looks to have plenty of travel room for its keys. There's really no way to tell until we can actually try one.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 10:51 PM
    I had the Torch, and the buttons had travel for me. I tried a friend's 9900 back in the day, and the key travel was just very slightly more, but not enough to overshadow the Torch keyboard.

The Priv looks to have plenty of travel room for its keys. There's really no way to tell until we can actually try one.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the feedback. Maybe the one I had was defective or just needed to be worked in. I swear, on that unit it's as though the buttons didn't move at all. Nada!

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 10:57 PM

Yes, I poked my head in here to see if there is any news. It's very frustrating to have an official announcement of a new phone then nothing for weeks! It seems silly to generate huge interest then let that interest subside.
    BarefootBerry likes this.
    10-14-15 02:32 AM
    Yes, I poked my head in here to see if there is any news. It's very frustrating to have an official announcement of a new phone then nothing for weeks! It seems silly to generate huge interest then let that interest subside.
    Thinking back to five or so years ago, when we didn't have anticipated hype. With not too much forewarning, a new cell phone would emerge on the market. The next thing you knew, when you looked around, everyone pretty much had the same phone, as there weren't that many to choose from. Times sure have changed with regard to cell phone wars.

10-14-15 03:36 AM
    It's officially confirmed by BlackBerry.

Carphone warehouse has a Hands On Video about the BB Priv and it's amazing. See here below the link.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-15 08:35 AM
    They are inviting pre-orders but their website doesn't list it, even under 'Coming soon'!
    10-16-15 10:18 AM
    Did you notice the the swipe gesture to delete is on the pkb in the video released

Posted via CB10
    10-16-15 10:34 AM